Aintree Grand National Dosage Trends

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: Aintree Grand National Dosage Trends

Postby Shrews » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:16 pm

Actually, just done a bit of research on this and the Dosage Index is influenced primarily by 'speed'. So looking at some speedsters from old:

Dayjur - 2.85
Lyric Fantasy - 2.67
Black Caviar - 3.0
Limato - 0.5
Pastoral Pursuits - 5.0
Cadeaux Genereux - 1.91

None come close to the sprinting dosage prowess of Red Marauder, however he completely missed his true vocation in life by running in stamina events over jumps. The mind boggles. :P

To be fair to connections, he probably wouldn't have been great as a sprinter. Fantastic over one furlong but would never have lasted home the full five. :D

The Snail
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby The Snail » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:40 pm

Actually, just done a bit of research on this and the Dosage Index is influenced primarily by 'speed'. So looking at some speedsters from old:

Dayjur - 2.85
Lyric Fantasy - 2.67
Black Caviar - 3.0
Limato - 0.5
Pastoral Pursuits - 5.0
Cadeaux Genereux - 1.91

None come close to the sprinting dosage prowess of Red Marauder, however he completely missed his true vocation in life by running in stamina events over jumps. The mind boggles. :P

To be fair to connections, he probably wouldn't have been great as a sprinter. Fantastic over one furlong but would never have lasted home the full five. :D
If only that looked at the dosage! He could have been first out the stalls in the Epsom dash each year!

Grittar82
Handicapper
Tips

Postby Grittar82 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:00 pm

I've used dosage myself on the GNG site. Although I've not done it in the same way. Careful of horses like Royal Athlete who has no points and his DI and CD are infinity.

I used to considered those with 6 or less points as dosage weak. For the purpose of analyse I would discount them, but you really can't ignore anything really. Last year I tried Conduit Mare Profile and mixed it up with dosage which gave me the first two.