2018 Aintree Grand National

andystaff
Classic Winner
Tips

Re: 2018 Aintree Grand National

Postby andystaff » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:25 am

Wonder if any of you knowledgeable people on here could answer me a question on breeding, and please excuse my ignorance .
Lots of people are saying that Chase The Spud needs soft or heavy ground because that's what all of his form has come on. But if Wayward Prince who won the Scottish National on good ground and is also a Alflora why can't Chase The Spud win on better ground? (not looking like it at the moment though!) :?

sportingsamcan
Group 2 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby sportingsamcan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:36 am

Hi guys we want to get a Price It Up made for the Grand National today.

Suggestions welcome, I am thinking of things like "No faller at the first" "X Y and Z to finish in the top 10" "XX to train the winner"

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:11 am

One of Bryony Frost or Katie Walsh to finish top ten is my suggestion.

Regarding the ground, I’m 2 miles from Aintree, last week we had a glourious dry and warm day on the Thursday but Friday night through most of Saturday day it tipped it down. Sun and Mon were dry and reasonably warm but rain again from yesterday evening still going now and with the forecast unsettled for the rest of the week I’d be thinking we’ll get soft ground.

Also, I published my pin stickers blog for the race yesterday, link is in the signature before.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:16 am

Wonder if any of you knowledgeable people on here could answer me a question on breeding, and please excuse my ignorance .
Lots of people are saying that Chase The Spud needs soft or heavy ground because that's what all of his form has come on. But if Wayward Prince who won the Scottish National on good ground and is also a Alflora why can't Chase The Spud win on better ground? (not looking like it at the moment though!) :?
I’m probably not best placed to answer this but I guess it depends on where the influence comes from. The horses dam, Trial Trip, is also the dam of hurdler Aye Aye Charlie and all his best performances are on soft/heavy going so possible this horse has that influence from its dam. I think you can use breeding to hint at what a horse can be and what it’ll be more effect over (ground, trip etc) but there’s no golden rules, it’s a case of seeing what the horse actually does like by running it.

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:26 am

Hi guys we want to get a Price It Up made for the Grand National today.

Suggestions welcome, I am thinking of things like "No faller at the first" "X Y and Z to finish in the top 10" "XX to train the winner"

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions.

Gordon Elliott Trained Winner

Lady Trained Winner

Number Of Finishers ( although the odds can fluctuate greatly due to the adverse weather )

Number Of Horses Left In The Race After One Circuit ( after water jump has been taken )

Some Firms May Split The Field Up In To 8 Groups Of 5 - Which Group Will Contain The Winner ?

Odd Number Or Even Number Of Finishers

Individual Horses To Complete The Course

What Will The Winning Distance Be ( Under 1 Length - 1.5L to 2.5L - 3L to 5L etc etc )

sportingsamcan
Group 2 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby sportingsamcan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:04 am

Some great ideas there keep them coming.

Given the way Cheltenham went an Irish trained winner would potentially be on my radar.

The Snail
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby The Snail » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:33 am

Another one in the winning distance camp here... Under 5 lengths?

With the increasing quality of the fields the winning margins are now a lot lower and even in the old days, there were usually a few clear and very rarely one horse runs away with it.

The only reservation on this is that if it comes up very soft or heavy then it could swing the other way.

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:42 am

Winner Comes From An Odd Racecard Number Or Even Racecard Number

Winner To Carry 11.00 or More

Winner To Carry 10.13 or Less

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:42 pm

Sorry, add Rachael Blackmore to my suggestion, so one of her, Frost or Walsh to finish in the top 5.

bazakehurst
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby bazakehurst » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:06 pm

I always back whoever Robbie Power rides. Not quite sure about 33/1 thirteen year old Raz De Maree though. Oh well, suppose I better back it - stranger things have happened.

£5 win, £10 EW.

andystaff
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby andystaff » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:18 pm

I’m probably not best placed to answer this but I guess it depends on where the influence comes from. The horses dam, Trial Trip, is also the dam of hurdler Aye Aye Charlie and all his best performances are on soft/heavy going so possible this horse has that influence from its dam. I think you can use breeding to hint at what a horse can be and what it’ll be more effect over (ground, trip etc) but there’s no golden rules, it’s a case of seeing what the horse actually does like by running it.

Many thanks Gman84 much appreciated. Far too technical for my tiny brain, i'll stick to picking them the old fashion way with a PIN!!! :lol:

JamPizza
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby JamPizza » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:29 pm

When I created a shortlist, most of the ones on it were no older than 9.

It'd be interesting to see what price is on offer for the first 3 home to be a single figure age :win: