2018 Aintree Grand National

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Re: 2018 Aintree Grand National

Postby Gman84 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:38 am

I placed a few bets yesterday. How can you tell if the refund has been made. It says within 2 hours? Cheers in advance 👍
Good to see the http://olbg.info/7/L40/D/words> target=_blank href=http://olbg.info/7/L40/D/words>bet365> offer back. I’d placed a couple of bets for my kids and Mum on the race with them yesterday and was able to cash out my original stake and then double the stake by re-betting at the same price for all their selections.
My refunds were instant, just refreshed my balance. So, If I placed a £2 e/w bet costing £4, place the bet, go to my balance, hit the refresh button and the refund is added back to my balance.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

Rolstherat
Handicapper
Tips

Postby Rolstherat » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:36 am

I placed a few bets yesterday. How can you tell if the refund has been made. It says within 2 hours? Cheers in advance 👍
Good to see the http://olbg.info/7/L40/D/words> target=_blank href=http://olbg.info/7/L40/D/words> target=_blank href=http://olbg.info/7/L40/D/words>bet365> offer back. I’d placed a couple of bets for my kids and Mum on the race with them yesterday and was able to cash out my original stake and then double the stake by re-betting at the same price for all their selections.
My refunds were instant, just refreshed my balance. So, If I placed a £2 e/w bet costing £4, place the bet, go to my balance, hit the refresh button and the refund is added back to my balance.
I wasnt paying attention 😂😂

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:07 am

Top weight Minella Rocco is a non runner due to the ground conditions.

Thunder And Roses the first reserve now takes his place and will race with the Number 1 saddle cloth number, carrying 10-5.

All the weights will go up 1 lb.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:12 am

Vicente also now a non runner.

Delusionofgrandeur takes his place and will run with the number 12 saddle cloth carrying 10-5.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:45 am

Good one of favourite days in racing of year...
Makes a change sorted out all my three horses for The National..

17:15.. Grand National...
The ones keeping eye on..
Done Milansbar had at 33/1 gets trip won at Uttox in staying race
if copes with Aintree may have a shout.
Raz De Maree another stayer, wion the Welsh National, had at 40/1
will like the going to.
But my main one is Gas Line Boy also 33/1
ones kep me interested.
Especially last named..

Here my update on it... :)
My one is... Gas Line Boy..
A course winner, lightly raced this year, 3 runs and placed in two,
So will be fresher today..
Got nice weight weight of 10-11, what you need on testing going.
Was 3rd of 14 at Sandown early January on heavy going.
Won here in December in 21f,and 11 run, also on heavy going.
Was 5th of 40 here last year, on gd st, so has completed around round here.
Hope will improve on his 5th last year, and follow the footsteps of Amberleigh House
last 12 year old to win it.
Hope run well again, has nice low weight, gets on well his jockey, and go close today..

Gl everyone with your selections as well.
Wow all sorted nice and early for a change...

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:45 am

This is my summary list :

Anibale Fly
Has an inconsistent profile overall but tends to run well when granted a stiff track and testing conditions. Aintree isn’t a stiff track but he’ll love the ground...the fences might be another matter. Can sometimes get in too close and will be on his a*** here sooner rather than later if he does that. Might place if Geraghty can coax him round but jumping and weight are against him.

Blaklion
Did connections proud last year, won the Becher in similar conditions during the winter, then ran in even worse conditions at Haydock. Probably missed his chance of winning last year and too many tough races this season mean he’ll do well to finish in the first four. Different jockey to last year.

Seeyouatmidnight
Placed in a Scottish National but on much better ground and whilst he jumps like a stag, the boggy ground and his interrupted prep are far from ideal. Might place, can’t see him winning.

Tiger Roll
Won the 4 miler at Cheltenham last year, won the Cross Country there this year - stamina won’t be an issue. However, he’s a smaller horse and this massive field and big fences might be enough to scupper his chances. Tends to perform best after a break and the four weeks since the festival might not have been sufficient. Russell might take him wide and ensure he finishes but has risks.

Total Recall
Change of stable has completely reformed him and has won some valuable prizes this season. However, has subsequently shot up the weights. Was running well in the Gold Cup prior to his fall but it wasn’t his first mistake and it’s possible he’s now slightly out of his comfort zone. Might finish.

Baie Des Iles
Has been subject to media spotlight all week and odds have tumbled as a result. Katie Walsh rides and she placed on Seabass a few years ago. If she races wide and keeps out of trouble then she should be staying on when others have shot their bolt. Plenty going for her, even though she’s a diminutive mare and younger than most National winners.

I Just Know
Popular with Racing Post analysts and certainly has the stamina for this, with conditions also not an issue. However, he’s a bit of a slowcoach and was pulled up at this meeting last year. Wins have come in minor races against very weak opposition and I just cannot see him winning this.

Ucello Conti
Had his chances here and a very unlikely winner.

Captain Redbeard
Should like conditions and didn’t perform too badly when given a taster over these fences back in December. However, will be racing more than a mile further than he’s gone before and the quicker pace in a more competitive race could see his stamina ebb during the second circuit. An unlikely winner, outside chance of finishing.

Raz De Maree
Won the Welsh National and now has the services of Grand National winning jockey Robbie Power. 13 years old but has ideal conditions, more suitable than when 8th here four years ago. I’ll be surprised if he’s good enough to win.

The Dutchman
Similar profile to Captain Redbeard in that he’s won staying races on bad ground but is now running much further in a much stronger race. Might finish.

The Last Samuri
Admirable stalwart of these races now but probably had his chance a few years ago. Runs with a tongue tie for the first time to help his breathing so that might eke out a little improvement. Should finish but there should be a few better handicapped horses.

Gas Line Boy
Has won over these fences, won’t mind the ground and has every chance of improving on last year’s fifth place.

Milansbar
Ridden by Bryony Frost and at some stage she’ll be accepted as a top jockey, not just a top female jockey; that could be today.
She won a tough staying contest on this horse in January, riding him prominently and saving ground by hugging the rail all the way.
Milansbar finished second in a Midlands National and is related to a horse called Young Kenny, who won a Scottish and a Midlands National in the same season almost 20years ago. Has loads going for him and hopefully Bryony copes with the hectic first few fences, then settles into a rhythm.

Shantou Flyer
Pulled up her last season and while he’s been in good form recently, I’m still of the opinion that he’s a 3 miler and not bred for these marathon trips. Talented jockey might get him round, can’t see him winning.

Chase The Spud.
Has the stamina, likes testing conditions but has been pulled up in his last races. However, wouldn’t be a surprise for his wiley trainer to have hatched a plan and a rejuvenation is possible . Connections have done us proud in this race, with several placed horses over the last decade

Houblon Des Obeaux
I have no idea which horse will turn up. Has a place chance if his good side prevails, will be eating grass at the Canal Turn if it doesn’t.

Pleasant Company
This was on my shortlist back in the Autumn but two disappointing runs so far this season have tempered enthusiasm. Would have placed last season with a clearer run and genius trainer might have freshened him up. Place chance.

Vieux Lion Rouge
Certainly knows his way round here and has a nice racing weight today. Another top six finish might be on the cards but yard’s horses have been struggling for fitness all season.

Alpha Des Obeaux
Trainer won this two years ago but Alpha often bleeds from broken blood vessels and is a nightmare to predict. Can’t have him.

Final Nudge
Another who should handle the testing conditions and has performed well in staying races but might lack a bit of class.

Warriors Tale
Bought buy multiple winning owner Trevor Hemmings back in February after a good performance in a decent race at Doncaster.
Stamina to prove but might could run better than odds imply. Fair outsider.

Bless The Wings
Houblon Des Obeaux II

Carlingford Lough
Twice winner of the Irish Gold Cup but I’ll be f***ing gobsmacked if he makes it round two laps of this course

Road To Riches
When ? Where ?

Buywise
Provided he doesn’t fall, he might stay on past beaten horses for a top ten finish. 12th two years ago with more suitable conditions today

Lord Windermere
Give me a f***ing break

Perfect Candidate
Might finish but looks high in the weights based on recent form. Pulled up on the second circuit last year.

Saint Are
Ahhh, one of my favs. Done me proud over the years but ground is against him and finally appears to be on the downgrade. Would love him to place but heart must not rule the head here.

Children’s List
Only ever won going the opposite direction to today and jockey rode a stinker over these fences yesterday.

Delusionofgrandeur
Fairly consistent type who just lacks the class to win a big race. However, stamina shouldn’t be an issue, usually a sound jumper and there are and have been far worse long shots to back. Outside chance of top six at massive odds. Often runs well after a quick reappearance and had a prep just two weeks ago.

Double Ross
Might run well for a time but cannot have him near the winner

Maggio
If he finishes then his jockey will be closing the gates.

Thunder And Roses.
Appetite for not finishing its races.

Virgilio
Had a wind operation to improve breathing / stamina and has an outside chance of a top ten finish. Likes Aintree but yet to run over these fences. Should be shorter than 80-1

Pendra
Another running first time after a wind op. Finished a well beaten 13th two years ago but had issues since. Might finish.

Valseur Lido
Pffffffffffft

Tenor Nivernais
Tenner wasted.

Milansbar, Gas Line Boy, Delusionofgrandeur, Virgilio, Warriors Tale have chances, as would Pleasant Company and Chase The Spud If trained specifically for this race all season.

Milansbar and Gas Line Boy would be my best choice for a place but I’ll be having small stakes on a few of those.

The Snail
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby The Snail » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:23 pm

Hey lads

BV have given us 16/1 on a few of your suggestions and other OLBG members views combined, I would say it is about the right price but think we have a huge chance of bagging another winner.

You can see the bet and get on via the link here: https://twitter.com/OLBG/status/984079876692078592
Just undone by the number of finishers, there seemed to be a lot of fallers first circuit, or maybe it's just my imagination as my hopes were dashed as final nudge got squeezed up the inside of canal turn

The Snail
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby The Snail » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:59 pm

Hi guys! Does anyone know of anywhere (free!!) you can find details of a horse's height? I've always thought that small / medium small horses that just pop over the big obstacles rather than big bold jumpers who waste their energy do better over the grand national fences. Disclaimer : This is unfounded in fact!

Cheers!
They said on itv, apparently tiger roll was the smallest horse in the race. Another victory to the little horses and definitely a trend that I would love to be able to investigate in more detail!