Grand National 2016

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Grand National 2016

Postby The Executioner » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:55 am

It's never too early to start a thread on this race as far as I'm concerned , and it will be interesting to hear members long range views on the race. The National takes place on Saturday 9th April 2016.

Did anything catch your eye over the season as a possible future Aintree type ? I've did a review of this years race in my blog with a little look ahead with a couple of interesting choices for the 2016 Grand National.

Please feel free to contribute to the thread and fingers crossed we can together identify next year's winner at tasty long range odds.

http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=408921

miniman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby miniman » Sun May 31, 2015 9:35 pm

Always thought Back in Focus would have a huge chance when he turns up fit for this.

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Sun May 31, 2015 9:50 pm

The Druids Nephew was going well until falling 6 out, he ran off a mark of 146

If he runs off a similar mark, i could well be backing him next year, available at 25/1 and he will only be a 9yo

themightyduck
Group 3 Class
Tips

Druids Nephew

Postby themightyduck » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:57 am

I agree with Micko and i've had an anti post bet on him already at 33/1. He's available at Paddy Power, Coral and Ladbrokes at 25/1 currently and only 20/1 on the OLBG site which is a bit miserly. Anyway it's dangerous as always putting down a bet on a race so far away but at current odds he's worth it and if he does manage to turn up then he has a big chance, I can see him going off around the 8/1 10/1 mark so is a great anti post bet even now-I loved the way he rode last years national, he stayed well back and well out of trouble on the first circuit but then he just cruised thru the field, I really thought he had it won when he went in front for the first time with five to jump and even thou he was still far out he was travelling really well, I wouldn't even fault the jump that brought him down, he just lost his footing and I thought he was so unlucky. Another year on and still only 9 I think he has as good a chance as any, I will have a few quid on him at Cheltenham also as I think he's a class horse and will just continue to get better and better.

Gustavo Fring
2yo
Tips

Druids

Postby Gustavo Fring » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:45 pm

He was certainly running a great race when he came down but I feel his chance may have gone. There is no chance of hium running off 146 next year – he was already well in at the weights due to his win at Cheltenham so will now likely be rated in the mid 150s, which I think will probably be too much to ask.

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:00 am

The Druids Nephew will start the season on a mark of 156 so his task is likely to be a harder one than in this year's race , it's not completely impossible as Many Clouds proved by taking the race from a rating of 160 ( now 167 ) , personally for '' Druids '' I think his best chance would mean avoiding the Cheltenham festival and being aimed with one race in mind all season long.

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:47 am

Many Clouds Should focus only on the National.
Like wise he to should avoid the Cheltenham Festival,be a lot fresher,
Many did well finished 6th in Gold cup,obviously he likes the
longer trip,be backing him again.

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:32 pm

Le Reve

Im not sure about Lucy Wadhams view on the National but with Le Reve, she has a progressive stayer with an excellent record in the Spring.

Stayed well at Sandown and the dam was sired by Montelimar, present in the breeding pedigrees of Hedgehunter and Montys Pass.

Big price, profile of a horse whose price could shorten once more people turn their attention to the race.

Smad Place

Stays, jumps, goes well in the Spring. A nice mark, unlikely to progress into a Gold Cup horse and as such might bypass Cheltenham for Aintree.

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:56 pm

The stat that I keep churning out for people to be wary of is the fact that the 2002 winner Bindaree is the last Grand National winner to win ANY sort of race under rules following his Aintree win .... he went on to take the Welsh version the following year...... Many Clouds did brilliant this year and I was chuffed for connections but he will face a massive task if he is to do the double in 2016

Le Reve - interesting shout TMM

MullyOLBG
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby MullyOLBG » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:49 pm

Nice to see they're getting to grips with the reserve situation

http://t.co/UeDOhonCKk

Jak001
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby Jak001 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:57 am

Paul Nicholls stated in his stable open day that Just A Par will be targeted at the race again this year. Says he has come on a lot from last year and that he has very high hopes he'll be a main contender come aintree

:win:

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:18 pm

Le Reve

Im not sure about Lucy Wadhams view on the National but with Le Reve, she has a progressive stayer with an excellent record in the Spring.

Stayed well at Sandown and the dam was sired by Montelimar, present in the breeding pedigrees of Hedgehunter and Montys Pass.

Big price, profile of a horse whose price could shorten once more people turn their attention to the race.

Smad Place

Stays, jumps, goes well in the Spring. A nice mark, unlikely to progress into a Gold Cup horse and as such might bypass Cheltenham for Aintree.
Well that's Smad Place's mark well and truly knackered. Might replicate the achievements of Many Clouds but i'd have preferred less weight.