Scottish Grand National 2015

rmolinari
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby rmolinari » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:19 pm

My NAP for some weeks is 25-1 and I think this horse will win the national with ease. I was on his last race at 8-1 and he romped home by 9 lengths. When I mean romped I mean romped. Was eased beating Raz de Maree! He stays all day so proven over 4miles and I can't understand why he is not favourite. I think come tmr this will go off around 12-1! So who is this wonderful horse. It's GOONYELLA 25-1. When watching his last race I saw a horse with sheer class and I know this was my national bet and when I saw the odds I thought what!!! I backed in grand national, but was pulled out for this.

I will be having a small Each Way bet on Harry The Viking at 25-1 with low weight and running extremely well of late, but for me it's all about the GOON! In all my national bets over the years, this is the best I have had in terms of the confidence I am feeling from watching his last run. I recommend watching his last run online for those of you that missed this and fancy Raz de Maree.

Sorry for the long write up, but quite excited on this ones chances and just cannot believe the odds.

Good luck to everyone that follows.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:50 pm

Looking at the market my observation having been at Cheltenham and seen Gallant Oscar finish just ahead of Indian Castle that the 22/1 available on Indian Castle is out of kilter to the 10/1 on Gallant Oscar.

That race was won by The Druids Nephew who was going well at Aintree in the Grand National when falling so i like the form a lot, and the 22/1 with Betway on Indian Castle will be an Each Way bet for me.

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:38 am

Competitive. Those who ran well in the 4 miler at Cheltenham and the fav have obvious chances but I'm sticking with Catching On. Sometimes makes a race ending mistake but often follows a bad run with a good one and has won two of his last three. Travels well, stays and is still well handicapped. Would rather have seen Kennedy retain the ride but still. He won a point on good ground, he won a hurdle on good ground and I think he'll take to the conditions and track.
Drop Out Joe has a chance if still on the upgrade this season

mountie
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby mountie » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:02 am

rmolinari.

Raz De Meree has a 12lb turnaround with Goonyella for that 9lb defeat. I think that is probably one of the reasons his price looks so big.

redboy
Stallion
Tips

Postby redboy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:10 pm

Gallant Oscar n/r

Zipster
Stallion
Tips

Postby Zipster » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:58 pm

So after narrowing the field down to 15....Not a single one of those finished in the first 4!

I think this year pretty much went against the trends.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

rmolinari
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby rmolinari » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:07 pm

Almost got up. Great horse and one to follow for nationals. Hope those that followed enjoyed the moment :)

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:03 am

Happy with a place for Catching On, although Costello was too far back. One to watch next season for the Welsh National or similar.

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:10 am

Trustan times looked to be going ok.. not sure if it would have got up but lost its chance 3 out when hampered by the faller and had to near enough come to a standstill....