Cheltenham runners at Aintree

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:42 pm

Sorry mate, saw Aintree in the title and off i went.
Four and a half miles is a damn good clue to which race though, The Grand National.
Sorry, was miles away myself, i should have guessed :oops:

To be honest, i am not sure, i know they shortened the distance to slow the runners down as they headed for the first fence

Bobsselections
At Stud
Tips

Postby Bobsselections » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:02 pm

Yeah i am going to have a look around to see what i can find as this is a second shortening.

Bobsselections
At Stud
Tips

Postby Bobsselections » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:09 pm

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:16 pm

:win: :win:

DAVIDADAN
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby DAVIDADAN » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:37 pm

Festival Foxhunters victor On The Fringe is possibly to be ridden in the Aintree equivalent by Jamie Codd who has to win on him. Nina Carberry suspended the odds of 6/4 look ridiculous, though he did go on to win at Cheltenham, Aintree and Punchestown in succession in 2015.
OLBG Moderator
Look out for those Forum Cash Awards for helpful,informative content throughout each & every month!

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:51 pm

Allwoing for the fact that all horses are different and some can stand harder (or championship) races more than others, do you think there might be a significance in looking at how those runners came to Cheltenham prior to also running at Aintree?

Do horses who come to Cheltenham on a planned campaign to arrive fresh an on top form have an advantage since they are more lightly raced?

or

Do horses who come to Cheltenham on a run of in-form races carry on to Aintree in a similar in-form vein?

Micko, might take a lot of checking but do you think a longer break prior to Cheltenham would be an advantage as there might be more in the tank for Aintree as a result?
Hi Micko, I wasn't thinking about the gap between the two meetings, I was thinking in terms of how a horse was campaigned prior to Cheltenham. Did it have a rest to be fresh for Cheltenham, or was it campaigned regularly before running there? I wondered if that might be a factor as to which horses can take a championship race and recover/maintain form for Aintree.

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:14 pm

I have posted the gap before Cheltenham further down

MaxBetter
2yo
Tips

Postby MaxBetter » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:54 am

Well Douvan is now a non runner tomorrow. Can't seem to find a reason why yet.