GRAND NATIONAL 2015

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:54 pm

My '' shortlist '' at the moment is as follows ........ and I suppose with VC ( credit to them ) now paying out on SIX PLACES , I may even consider backing the majority of them .... I'd be disappointed if at least a couple of them failed to make the first six home.... ( famous last words :lol: )

Royale Knight 25/1
Al Co 33/1
Spring Heeled 20/1
Soll 20/1
Monbeg Dude 33/1
Godsmejudge 20/1
Alverado 16/1
First Lieutenant 33/1

It's just a matter of how much I trim the list ...... with a close eye to be kept on the weather.

Was quite pleased with the way my list panned out , with three of the eight making the first six home. Chuffed for connections of the winner and well done to his backers.

slimey
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby slimey » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:42 am

Am i the only one who noticed they were watering the national course an hour before!!!??

Congrats to many clouds, tho the watering must of made the ground good-soft (dead) and ideal for the horse.

that watering put paid to spring heeled, shutthefrontdoor,lord windermere,balthazaar king and a few others..

do i think its right to water the course an hour before?? no, they should of left it as it was .. good ground

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:03 am

Congrats to all those who were on Many clouds,.

Apart from the key trends it didn't fit I still couldn't have backed it.... Just thought it had had far too many hard races this year....

Well done connections.... it appears to be some horse...

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:33 am

Ridger
Last horse to win carrying more was Red Rum in 74, but with new system in place delivering heavier winners in recent years, it looks to be a red herring.
1: Have to disagree on that one, Many Clouds top class horse.
Won the Hennessy.
2: Thought he was given fair too much weight, having his first run
in this big race..
At least he stays the longer trip,look like Gold Cup trip was too short
for Many Clouds, or he had an off day..
or maybe like Aintree more suited, another plus handles any ground now.

:) Agree with Well done connections.... it appears to be some horse...

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:43 am

Just looking back at its racing this year ..

Won a listed race at Carlisle over 2m 4f in November
The Hennesey at the end of November
The BetBright at Cheltenham in January
6th in the Gold Cup .. and not disgraced .. beat home SC and a few other decent horses.
This was all before the National starting its rating on 144 at the start of the season..

Sherwood has done a great job keeping it going all winter and in prime condition.... and still ready for the national

Wallsendlad
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Wallsendlad » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:54 am

Ruby Walsh deserves a special mention for his sportsmanship in helping the staff "flag" off the omitted fence. He could quite easily have stormed off in a huff after being brought down. In most other sports the "player" would have shown a degree of childish petulance.
1st class action from a top class person :win:

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Worrying stat for connections of Many Clouds must be that the last National winner to win any sort of race under rules following his Aintree success was Bindaree the 2002 winner. Many Clouds has been a revelation this season and still young enough to have good days ahead of him and I just hope the National hasn't bottomed him out.

deswalker
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby deswalker » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:37 pm

@The Ex

It was a wonderfully game win, but I fear that it may have some sort of lasting effect. The horse gives his all every time he goes to the track, and it seems to me that it must leave some sort of mark.

As to my race, I ended up in slight profit thanks to some playing around laying and Monbeg Dude placing at healthy odds. Disappointed with Rocky Creek appearing not to stay though and Godsmejudge no-showing entirely!

:P
"The problem with the future is that there are more things that could happen than will happen" - Plato (liberally paraphrased)

Follow me on Twitter: @Nick_Crossland