GRAND NATIONAL 2015

andystaff
Classic Winner
Tips

GRAND NATIONAL 2015

Postby andystaff » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:41 am

MAIN AIM
(Trainers quotes)

BALTHAZAR KING - Hobbs doesn’t think he’ll go to Cheltenham, so he’ll likely go straight to the Grand National or if the ground was soft there, the Scottish National.

CHANCE DU ROY – Will go for the Becher and then the Grand National.

GODSMEJUDGE – He could go for the Scottish National again but that would be an after thought as his main target is Aintree.

ACROSS THE BAY – The plan again this year is another go at the Grand National.

BURTON PORT – He will have another go at the National.

ROCKY CREEK – The National is our number-one goal.

GOULANES – Goulanes will be a Grand National type. He stayed well in the Midlands National and you have to think of him along the lines of Aintree.

THE PACKAGE – The package may well go for another tilt at the Grand National.

BIG OCCASION – The distance for the National would be fine, but he would have to go up in the ratings to get in the race.

AL CO – He’ll probably have a spin around the National fences in the becher. If he takes to them, we’ll give him a break and maybe a spin over hurdles before going for the National.

SPRING HEELED – Jim Culloty is aiming last season’s Kim Muir winner at the Grand National. I think he’s tailor-made for the Grand National if he gets good ground.

GOONYELLA - Jim Dreaper reported he will go for the Becher chase, we think he is the sort who will take to the fences at Aintree. We would love to go for the Grand National but only if he takes to it.

WYCK HILL- I imagine it will all be about Aintree with him and I hope he'll sneak in this year.
Hopefully he'll get in this year, he won't be running until the weights come out I wouldn't have thought anyway.

ALVARADO - Fergal O’Briens 2014 Grand National 4th has been given a long break with the aim of returning for another crack at the world’s most famous race.
Aintree is the main goal.

LONG RUN - We are going to be taking it very quietly, and he’s very unlikely to run before Christmas.
“I’d have thought the campaign will be around going back to Aintree and he’ll probably have one run before the National.â€￾ (OUT FOR THE SEASON)

DOLATULO - Trainer Warren Greatrex was thrilled with how Dolatulo took to the fences but he has not yet finished in the first three over three miles, which is a prerequisite for Grand National runners these days.
"In an ideal world, we'd like to go back there over a bit further but that would mean waiting a year (for the Becher) so we'll have a look at the Grand National, he's rated high enough.
"The owner, Andrew Black, is a good sport and would love a runner in the National, but he needs to finish in the first three over three miles, he's won over two-seven so it shouldn't be a problem.
"I might look at the Rowland Meyrick at Wetherby over Christmas.

MOUNTAINOUS - The Grand National is the target again. He'll probably have one more run before Aintree.

UNIONISTE - The plan has always been the National, and you can't ignore a prize like this along the way.

OUR FATHER - The obvious target for him is a tilt at the Grand National at Aintree in April - he appeared to take to them (the fences) last term and confirmed that impression with his performance in the Becher Chase last month.

NIGHT IN MILAN - It will be the Grimthorpe next and then the National, all being well.

CEDRE BLEU - Charlie Mann is keen to give Cedre Bleu a prep run ahead of a crack at the Crabbie's Grand National after the eight-year-old ran below par at Ascot last time.

MONBEG DUDE - Monbeg Dude could have two runs before another crack at the Grand National.

MAYBE?

Gallant Oscar
Hawkes Point
Merry King
Midnight King
Teaforthree
The Rainbow Hunter
Triolo D’Alene
Trustan Times
Last edited by andystaff on Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 9 times in total.

mountie
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby mountie » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:19 pm

Any of the fine experts on here know much about Ticket/Accommodation packages? Best sites to use? If staying in Manchester is a good idea or so far away that it isnt much fun?

Thanks

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:06 pm

A friend of mine stayed in the Regent Maritime Hotel which is in Bootle and he said it's less than 5 miles from the track

He also said it was quite cheap (although he didnt stay for National weekend)

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:44 am

Bit of a steamer in the market this morning, Triolo D'Alane, blue across the board. Best price of 50's at Ladbrokes will go within the next 30 mins!

I thought he stayed on really well on Saturday behind Unioniste, looked eye catching to me at the finish.

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:00 am

Like this time of year, National getting bit closer. :)

My ones i fancy...

Agree BALTHAZAR KING - Hobbs doesn’t think he’ll go to Cheltenham, so he’ll likely go straight to the Grand National or if the ground was soft there, the Scottish National. Currently around 33/1..

Am currently watching, Sam Winner, think he an 8 year old!!
On form again this year, maybe Cheltenham Gold Cup, could be his
target, so if he goes to the National he one for me to.
Currently 33/1...

So sorted out my 2 horses, might do one more, then wait for
nearer the race...

MullyOLBG
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby MullyOLBG » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:10 pm

@mountie

I've been staying in Southport for the last twenty years. It's a nice handy base.

Double Seven will not be at Aintree it was revealed today due to injury.

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:16 pm

andystaff
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby andystaff » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:18 pm

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news ... orpe-chase

Grimthorpe and then the National for Night In Milan.

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:19 pm

I've been backing Spring Heeled at big prices.

Not been seen since 4th in the Galway plate behind Road For Riches, ran off a mark 149. Preference for Good ground, and a hurdles prep run planned to protect the mark.

Won the Kim Muir in 2014 off 140, front 2 19 lengths clear of third that day.

andystaff
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby andystaff » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:12 pm

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd? ... category=0

MONBEG DUDE - Monbeg Dude could have two runs before another crack at the Grand National.

BOOSTER16
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby BOOSTER16 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:20 pm

I will bet on Pricewise, Ben Linfoot plus a couple of trend based horses. Nine bets last year was probably too many despite having the winner and then the 6th Each Way with VC Bet.

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:30 pm

I have already started my trends for the race, hoping to repeat last years blog of giving the winner (Advised at 33/1 last year)

Looking forward to weights coming out now