Grand National 2014

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:20 pm

alboondi

No problem, they go through a bad spell but are doing well at the minute

10/1 winner of the Imperial Cup, 33/1 runner up of the Midlands National, 8/1 runner up of the Winter Derby & 33/1 Grand National winner.

I wonder if the Scottish National will keep us in the hot streak for next weekend

BOOSTER16
Group 2 Class
Tips

12 trend website/micro

Postby BOOSTER16 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:23 pm

Main reasons I got the winner was Tom segal backing it himself, a website with 12 different trends on having all 12 ticks for pineau de ray and mickos trend blog.

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:40 pm

A BIG well done Micko :yes:

jmstocka
Stallion
Tips

Postby jmstocka » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:04 pm

Micko

The Lincoln could have provided another winner with One Word More

Withdrawn at the start, after rearing up in the stalls

:lose:

Good result today though :win:

tattflash
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tattflash » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:20 pm

Good call Micko, thats two big race winners you have convinced me to back. I chose Pineau De Re of your 3 selections due to his form, as a second bet behind Long Run. Nice work mate keep it up

Kingsdyke35
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Kingsdyke35 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:18 pm

I thought today's national was one of the most open and exciting ever. You just did not know what was going to happen next! From a betting point of view, today saw my last ever bet with Ladbrokes. I will never again place a bet with them, due to their appalling public relations. There's still have plenty of choice.

andystaff
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby andystaff » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:44 pm

Trends/Stats ?

Financially it was my worst national for a few years, but the entertainment of trying to solve the puzzle that is the Grand National is still as bigger thrill has the exciting spectacle it’s self. Congratulations to all those that chose the winner, who I never considered. Even though he met all but one of the 10-year trends/stats, only failing on the winning a chase worth at least £29k. You can say he had form going into the national after his run behind Fingal Bay at Cheltenham, but so did The Package for example, who’s form was franked by Holywell & Ma Filleule. So overall my 5 horses finished 4th, 6th, 8th, PU & RR. Of the horses that met all the trends/stats Balthazar King finished 2nd and surprised me after last year’s performance & having a hard race at Cheltenham, I dismissed. Chance du Roy 6th, Monbeg Dude 7th, Raz De Maree 8th & the others did not finish. So I think that after using a lot of trends to get down to a short list, including horses that met all the trends but had no kind form for a long time was a mistake and that recent form is just as important.

At least they will have no ammunition to knock the national after all returned save & sound from the greatest show on earth.
And Phil Smith’s best efforts to make the unpredictable Grand National, predictable have failed…long live a big price winner!

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:00 pm

Andystaff

It's unfortunately just one of those things, the race is not like any other race and we all know that, many horse are going well and end up falling, some just never get into the race.

I was very fortunate to have picked out the winner he did make a mistake and was lucky not to go down, whereas you have horses who were unlucky enough to be brought down.

Look at how unlucky Across The Bay was to be virtually pushed off the track heading round the bend after a circuit.

I remember backing Clan Royal one year and he was going really well until a riderless horse pulled up right in front of him approaching The Canal Turn on the 2nd circuit, he was cruising aswell.

andystaff
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby andystaff » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:23 pm

Micko70

Too true my friend, many times I have been fortunate & equally unfortunate. That is what makes this race unique, you need an equal amount of luck, if not more.

Anyway well done, like reading your blogs.

Gresty
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby Gresty » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:45 pm

A big thanks to OLBG posters. I asked for thoughts on Pineau Du Re after being impressed with his Cheltenham run. After a few positive comments I had a maximum stake (my max stake) on the win only price if 40\\1. So, a big thanks, and the drinks are in me! :)

doc2008
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby doc2008 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:27 am

Nobody fancying Across The Bay then, Just me.

Down from 11-2 Stone to 10-11 Stone from last years race.

Had a decent run last year. Finished 14th overall, Hit one of the fences and was hampered by a loose horse if I remember correctly.

Needs a bit of rain to fall they say so hopefully the sky's open tonight

Across The Bay 66/1 E/W (6) BetVictor
Kinda pissed off, actually really pissed off. Had 1 bet and 1 bet only. had a few notes E/W. Anyone reckon he would of won it if the loose horse hadn't of took him out. He was jumping like a dream, suppose that's just my luck and horse racing.

deswalker
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby deswalker » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:39 am

Well done Micko, and all who had the winner! :win:

Glad to say that by the time of the race Pineau was my 5th best result (from the 12, yes 12, that were running for me) so very happy indeed... slightly tempered by the fact that 3 of the placed horses I couldn't have on my mind at all.

That gives me the jitters for next years race slightly, does anyone think that the type of horse that does well has changed significantly due to the alteration of the race?

As to Across The Bay, he would have been a very good result for me too and he was travelling well when taken out by Tidal Bay. However, so was Colbert Station in second at the time and that horse weakened quickly after the incident, so what would have happened to ATB has to remain for ever a mystery for me.

:?
"The problem with the future is that there are more things that could happen than will happen" - Plato (liberally paraphrased)

Follow me on Twitter: @Nick_Crossland