Grand National 2014

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:35 pm

Great result David, good luck.

Agree with clearo
Yes i to be rooting for you, as have one
of the runners The Rainbow Hunter :win: nice Each Way.

conchie92
2yo
Tips

Postby conchie92 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:49 pm

Think this year will be one of the best GN for a Long time. My tips for this years 4.15 races are:

Walkon 50/1 E/W - Had a few races at aintree and more important over the big ones in last years in the topham chase coming 2nd 2013.

Balthazar King 18/1 E/W - A Horse in Great Form, won last 5 including the cross country race at Festival in March a 4 miles.

others Long Run, Mr Moonshine

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:38 pm

The Grand National will be the only race I end up having a bet in at Aintree this year, I've just not felt the same interest or excitement about Aintree this time around.

Anyway my 4 very small Each Way plays for the National are:

THE RAINBOW HUNTER - I've got to back him after watching him the big race at Doncaster when were there for OLBG day, good jumper, stays, has as good a chance as any in my book, 33/1 good price

ALVARADO - I remember this one winning a 3 mile+ race at Cheltenham, that shows he's got stamina, very sound jumper, jockey got decent record in the race, again the 33/1 looks fair to me

BUCKERS BRIDGE - I follow the Potts owned horses and I know Henry De Bromhead has always thought the world of this one, chance doesn't look that obvious on all known form but I think he's a talented horse with a chance, usually a sound jumper, 50/1 worth a pop

ONE IN A MILAN - a huge price, 66/1+, doesn't look anything special in terms of form but I think he's actually a fair bit better than he has shown, should jump well enough, needs luck, could plug on into a place, who knows

it's a lottery that is fun to watch but not a race to take too seriously in my opinion

good luck to everybody having a punt on the National :win:
Loving it on OLBG, on twitter @tbuckleythinks :

Top 10 Football Tip markets

Football Tips Strategy to Win

andystaff
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby andystaff » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:50 am

Shortlist 2014

Balthazar King
Higher mark than when finishing 15th last year, weakening when hit 20th.

Teaforthree
Looks to be the one. One negative, last horse to place the year before winning was Amberleigh House. But this because they normally have to carry more weight than the previous year, but with Tidal Bay taking his chance Teaforthree has less than last year. He’s not actually won a handicap chase, only 3 novice chases.

Lion Na Bearnai
2012 Irish Grand National winner.

Monbeg Dude
2012 Welsh National winner (run in jan 2013 due to bad weather)

Burton Port
Has a decent record at Aintree, but not won since 2010. Then again Silver Birch went longer without winning before his 2007 triumph.

Mountainous
2013 Welsh National winner. Winners of the welsh national don’t have a good record when running in Grand/Welsh national in same season. Horses placed in Welsh, then run in Grand National same season , only Bindaree has gone onto win GN, Teaforthree & Cappa Bleu have placed in both in the same season.

Chance Du Roy
2013 Becher chase winner. Trainer has had a good season and been in good form recently.

Raz De Maree
2012 Cork Grand National winner, 2012 Munster National winner.

Night In Milan
My first choice, but probably won’t get in. No44.

Triolo D’Alene
2013 Topham winner, 2013 Hennessy winner. Age is the only negative, if you follow stats/trends.

Big Schu
Only fails on the stats/trends by 1 prep run. Balthazar King beat him at Cheltenham. Has won over 4 mile.

Shakalakaboomboom
Finished 9th in 2012 off 149, 28 lengths behind winner. Runs off 140 this year, but a long time out of form. Only fails on 1 stat/trend.

Alvarado
Only falls short on 1 stat/trend . Not winning a chase worth at £29k, has won one worth £28k.

Battle Group
Fails on a few stats/trends but all his best form is this time of the year and has some good form at Aintree.

Don’t fancy Balthazar King to improve that much from last year.
My No1 choice last year Teaforthree will place at best I think.
Burton Port ran his best race for a long time LTO, but just don’t think he’s the force of old.
Night In Milan won’t get in.
Big Schu has the form over extreme distances, but just don’t fancy these cross country runners, even though Silver Birch did well in them.
Shakalakaboomboom form and last performance in Grand National are enough for me to cross him off.

Only backing 5, 8 left, 3 more for the chop!
The final 5 for me

Chance Du Roy
Battle Group
Alvarado
Raz De Maree
Lion Na Bearnai

Good luck with your selections guys.

doc2008
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby doc2008 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:52 am

Nobody fancying Across The Bay then, Just me.

Down from 11-2 Stone to 10-11 Stone from last years race.

Had a decent run last year. Finished 14th overall, Hit one of the fences and was hampered by a loose horse if I remember correctly.

Needs a bit of rain to fall they say so hopefully the sky's open tonight

Across The Bay 66/1 E/W (6) BetVictor

Heyho777
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Heyho777 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:53 am

I have went for Burton Port in the Grand National. I like this ones chances a very lot, this is a very classy horse looking horse on a very handy mark and is owned by Trevor Hemmings who has tasted success in this contest in the past with Hedgehunter and Ballabriggs. He is trained by Jonjo O'Neill who's horses are in great form this year so that fills me with even more confidence. The horse also has a good amount of speed but not short on stamina and can race handy, 3 important ingredients in a grand national and aswell as this handles good or softer so whatever the weather does it does not matter too much for this classy horse. I remember this horse a couple a years ago in the Betfair Bowl here over 3m1f when runner up behind Follow The Plan but finishing ahead of the likes of Hunt Ball, Medermet, Nacarat, all very good horses. He was doing his best work late on that day staying on again at the finish and I would imagine connections that day must have thought hey this thing has to have a chance in the Grand National one day. The horse has the class speed and I believe sufficient stamina and cruising speed to win a grand national and barring any accidents will go very close tomorrow and hopefully win. I took the 16/1 on offer at the moment at most bookmakers wich to me is a very fair price and would not be surprised if it shortened to around 12/1 by race time tomorrow.

My second selection in the race is Prince De Beauchene from the Willie Mullins yard. I like this ones chances quite a lot, the horse is a spring horse and won in April the last 2 years now including here at Aintree and horses that have won in the spring have a decent record in this race. Has winning form on good or softer, so whatever the weather does is fine and is 11yo so not a bad age really for the national, the horse has bags of experience. The Willie Mullins yard are in fine form and they had a nice winner here yesterday with Boston Bob and hopefully they can bag some prize money with Prince De Beauchene today.

Any thoughts???

Midlander
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby Midlander » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:41 am

Took antepost odds of 25/1 for T43 in Jan. Suspect he will find one or two too strong for him again, but feel he shd make the frame. Of the rest, I think The Package may be ahead of the handicapper judging from his last performance and I also believe that Burton Port is running off a very workable mark. Finally, I have a hunch about Prince De B. Caught the i/v with Willie Mullins on C4 yday and formed the impression that he could have got him in good nick. Have made small e/w bets on all the above-named. Good luck all!

sandiuk
Handicapper
Tips

My thoughts and selections for the Grand National

Postby sandiuk » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:44 am

My thoughts and selections - kept me burning the midnight oil so I'm proudly sharing (and hoping that they aren't too far off the mark!)

http://www.sandiuk.com/2014/04/the-nati ... -2014.html

Thanks in advance if you cast your eyes over!

pumpdaball
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

The Grand National

Postby pumpdaball » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:43 am

Ahh! here we are again, all of us filled with anticipation, of thoughts of romance, fairytales, the little guy coming good, the stuff that gives us all inspiration in our lives, to battle on to squash the odds and show that we are more than just a number..The Grand National at Aintree has time and again given us that little uplifting feeling... and we all love it, we need it, when the big guns get slapped across the face with a wet fish... but who will it be? which of those little unknowns will make our jaws drop with a life changing display of guts, and never say die attitude. now that's the difficult bit for all of us, we don't know, if we did it would spoil the surprise, the mystery, the dreams we all harbor, deep in our heart.. we believe anything can happen, and it usually does, the candle we burnt all night searching, looking, trying to find that snippet that everyone else has overlooked that may just reveal the secret we seek, we pause, and stare, and we dream...have we found it? is it really 200/1 how could that be? questions that our mind cant interpret... with hope in our heart we look for a sucker bookie to give us those big enormous odds, on our little no hoper. and we wait and wait and wait. the off time is approaching, stories unfold, by the media, how some of the runners have special relationships with anything from goats to dogs and cats and donkeys, how they wont travel without their special friend.. it almost makes us blurry eyed... but the off is coming and we are beginning to tremble without showing it. our mind screaming come on boy come on, keep going, all the way to the long run in that seems like it's longer than the actual whole course they now have behind them.. and of course as well as joy and happiness this race gives us heartbreak, as we watch some other runners struggling to the line but without our little 200/1 no hoper.. oh the sadness of it all.. someone said three is a crowd,, does that mean there will be a crowd passing the winning post first at the end of this National. could teaforthree be the answer, right there at the top of the betting, staring us right in the face as we went digging deep in the belief the winner was hidden in a mysterious form line somewhere far from aintree on a wet october day.. its all so exciting. I cant wait.. Im going to say Teaforthree might just be the one I was looking for although I'm a coffee drinker myself...
"Drain all the water off this planet and we are all sharing the same piece of ground"

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:59 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E84G72QYF5E

This music always gets me in the mood for National.

dragonman
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby dragonman » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:46 am

Nors watched champions last night !!! "Whatever you put infront of aldaniti he'll jump!" I went in Sunnyhillboys year and live 3 hours from aintree .... I made my gf listen to that on repeat more or less the whole journey !!!

wendzak
2yo
Tips

Postby wendzak » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:49 am

the first thing i look for in the national is a horse what has run well over a long distance the last time out , out of the few in the race I'm not convinced they will stay the national distance, so what is going to win it ? if teaforthree has improved for last years third its got to be there….