Grand National 2014

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:31 am

After the Across The Bay incident, the jockey (Henry Brooke) knew he had no chance and just rode the horse to get him round, just because he finished the race it doesn't mean he would have won.

When riding at the front, jockeys know they have to meet a fence right at full speed, anything can happen.

Unfortunately we will never know if he would finished the race, been placed if he did or won.

Like i said earlier (might have been on another thread), i backed Clan Royal when he was stopped from jumping the Canal Turn 2nd time round by a loose horse stopping in front of him, he was cruising but still well over a mile to go and a few jumps left, again, we will never know.

billthebus
2yo
Tips

Across The Bay & Henry Brooke

Postby billthebus » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:52 am

Same thing happened last year to Across the Bay and Henry Brooke, At exactly the same point he was carried wide by a loose horse, He lost about 5L but managed to regain lead led till 4 out then weakened beaten 87/L 11-2,
10-11 this year beaten 71/L lost about 40L or more, "10-6 next year"? track around the inside might get placed.

deswalker
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby deswalker » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:25 pm

I would say that Across The Bay was definitely going better this year than last. Possibly because he was being allowed to dictate a pace this year, which could have been misleading. I wonder if he will be back next year?
"The problem with the future is that there are more things that could happen than will happen" - Plato (liberally paraphrased)

Follow me on Twitter: @Nick_Crossland

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:40 pm

What does the future hold for the beaten horses :?

http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=406951

alboondi
Handicapper
Tips

Postby alboondi » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:25 am

alboondi

No problem, they go through a bad spell but are doing well at the minute

10/1 winner of the Imperial Cup, 33/1 runner up of the Midlands National, 8/1 runner up of the Winter Derby & 33/1 Grand National winner.

I wonder if the Scottish National will keep us in the hot streak for next weekend
Nice Micko I didn't realise you had gotten those other winners as well well done :win: looking forward to your thoughts on the scottish grand national :)

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:58 am

I've just done some research on previous winners .... worryingly the last winner to win any sort of race under rules following his Aintree success was Bindaree , the 2002 winner went on to win the Welsh version the following year. Silver Birch the '07 won a point to point after his National win , but the stats must be a concern for this year's winner Pineau De Re.