IRISH NATIONAL 2013

drobgod
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby drobgod » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:37 am

I've always said that using trends is no different to using going, distance, handicap mark ect, the more information a punter has the better chance you have of winning.

You don't have to literally look at a trend and say 'Right okay I can't back that now because it's a five year-old and they don't win this race.' But you could look at why a five year-old hasn't won it, is there a particular reason that makes you sit up and take notice?

I use trends as a help, nothing more, nothing less, after all whatever aid we can get to beat those 'nasty bookie chaps' the better eh!!

mountie
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby mountie » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:17 am

Apologies, off topic.

Drobgod- It was your good self that did a big trends preview for GN the lst two years was it not? whittling down to Ballabriggs in 2011. Do you have any plans to do the same this year.

For Irish I like Romanesco and Judanli for what its worth. Always keen to draw a line straight through the many that have never even ran 3m before. Both these should stay and have some decent form.

drobgod
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby drobgod » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:19 am

No mate wasn't me, wish it was because I didn't back Ballabriggs!

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:48 am

Had a good run from the two Ragtime picks in the Lincoln on Saturday, before they faded out of the places. So far, the picks are +11.00pts LSP, and it's on to the Irish Grand National today.

Putting one forward at a true rags price - Carloswayback 40/1 (60/1 on exchanges as I type this). This one was a decent novice winner last year showing good jumping skills. Still lightly raced and while he had been disappointing after that win the trainer reports he ran encouragingly last time when needing the race, showing he had potential for the future. Ran very well in defeat at 3m on soft prior to the Punchestown win so has some stamina, although this distance is an unknown as it is to many of these. A reasonable outsider.
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

mountie
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby mountie » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:42 pm

Sorry drogbod, for some reason I thought it was you. I think their username may have began with D also. Oops.

Does anyone know what Im talking about?

Reeceross
Handicapper
Tips

Postby Reeceross » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:58 pm

[link deleted - There are blogs in OLBG and a discussion forum thread covering the Grand National]