Grand National Discussion

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:40 am

I always listen to this music in the week leading up to the Grand National, whilst trying to find the winner, it gets you in the mood for the race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E84G72QYF5E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwwCvl45qFA

andrew8
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby andrew8 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:15 am

Loving the music

DANCING BRAVE
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby DANCING BRAVE » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:17 am

ive got 4 for today All straight win

RARE BOB
TREACLE
CHICAGO BAY
TEAFORTHREE

WinningBettor
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby WinningBettor » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:20 am

chicago bay? :D

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:36 am

I'm a lifelong Grand National fan. I was raised on Red Rum's magnificent exploits (I still consider his three wins and two seconds from five National runs to be the best overall achievement by any racehorse ever), and although my enthusiasm for the race has wained a little in the last decade or so, mainly due to losing so many horses, I'll still watch the race today, and I'm actually quite excited about this year's renewal. I started looking at the race this week, and while I normally just manage to pick out one horse I'm seeing several who could run big races, some at big odds too.

Imperial Commander 16/1 is by far the best horse in the race and has been given a real chance by the handicapper. His one run this season shows him in good fettle and he could be bang there after the last.

Chicago Grey 12/1 stays this distance superbly, but was brought down early here last year. Has had a wind op and like all the runners could do with a clear passge on the first circuit. After that he's entitled to be staying on when others aren't.

Mr Moonshine 100/1 is an outsider that could run well. Stays beyond 3m, although hasn't raced this far, and this better ground is really going to suit him. Trainer reports him as working well, and although the last couple of runs have been a little disappointing his RPR ratings show him not that far off his best. If the better ground brings him back, and he has luck in running, he could run well.

Beacauseicouldntsee 100/1 This one I sneakily like. Ok, he's went out of the race early the last two years (hampered Canal Turn and fell last time), but this is normally a good prominent jumper and if he gets into a rhythm he could give supporters a great run for their money and I would not be surprised to see him in the frame. The better ground is ideal for him and even though he faded in the straight at Cheltenham last time it was a very good effort, one that could see him spot on for this.

Harry The Viking 40/1 Like others the better ground is perfect for this one and lines through Teaforthree in the Welsh National and Cheltenham in the Autumn really do give him a serious chance at odds way in excess of his rival. Ran well for a long way at the Festival after a break and that was the perfect blow-out for this race. Very interesting.

Quiscover Fontaine 50/1 Willie Mullins looks to have played his cards right with this one. Was still travelling really last year when falling at 17th, and Mullins has cleverly ran him at unsuitable shorter trips in three runs since then, to maintain the same mark. Great run in the Irish National in 2011, finishing one place behind National runner-up Sunnyhillboy giving him 3lbs. Made up a lot of ground late in that race, so the signs are there that he could stay.

I've bet all of the above today, but for my Ragtime picks (currently +9.00pts LSP) I'm putting up three at 1/2pt EW.

Quiscover Fontaine 50/1
Becauseicouldntsee 100/1
Mr Moonshine 100/1
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:41 am

Using the interactive form tool i like the weight band of horses between 10-12 to -11-2.
http://www.grand-national-guide.co.uk/g ... l-form.php

This brings in the following runners.
On His Own
Colbert Station
Balthazar King
Join Together
Across The Bay
Forpadydeplasterer
Joncol

The top 4 are shortish but the bottom 3 are 33/1, 50/1 and 66/1 with Bet Victor who are paying 1-2-3-4-5-6, so have backed them to make the first 6.

Randy Rann
Group 1 Class
Betting Blog Tips

national chat

Postby Randy Rann » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:18 am

good links nors

defo gets you in the mood

really warming to balthazar kings chances, ground coming right,fresh and obviously aimed at this.

join together to rattle home late and place at least.

major malarkey to hit the fame in 3rd

quiscover fontaine and becauseicouldntsee fading late on in a battle for fourth

sorted!

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:34 pm

This gamble on Seabass has got out of hand if you ask me and the horse rates a LAY for a PLACE @3.50 .......

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:41 pm

Amazing to see in a forty runner race that almost 20% of the current turnover on Betfair has been for Seabass from just under £6m exchanged :shock:

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:13 pm

Lots of horses shortening, seabass, chicago grey, tea for three, good luck to all.