Grand National entries 2013

andystaff
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby andystaff » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:57 pm

mogga82

Think it's an April fools about Ruby riding Seabass...it's actually ELVIS! :lol:

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:56 pm

Oh yea April fool joke.. :)

So lady jockey still on Seabass :hope:
Yes that be great national story...

Wow race getting nearer now. :) .

Flat Cap and Whippet
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby Flat Cap and Whippet » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:58 pm

Three against the field for me:

Chicago Grey - same concerns about jumping, not sure about the current price but am on around 40s on Betfair, which is a good price

Imperial Commander - Simply the class act of the field. Took 33s when NRNB came out and could go off at single figures with the general public having their few quid on

Rare Bob - Again took 33s when NRNB came out. If he can regain some of his old class then he is potentially very well handicapped.
4 days of wonderful madness is upon us

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:07 am

:? When do they narrow national field to 40?
Got be quite soon..
Think they have 4 reserves to..?

Treacle can be crossed off list to
One against field all ready.

Agree about Chicago Grey, concerns bout his jumping
That's why did Tea For Three.
Be nice if another grey wins national 2 years running..
After all those years in the wilderness..
But of course love see lady jockey win it :win:

Spring nearly here hopefully.. :hope:

deswalker
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby deswalker » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:12 am

We are down to 49 and the shape of the race looks to be decided. We are very likely to get Good to Soft ground with Aintree having to start watering this last weekend. I think the winner is most likely to come from one of:

On His Own, Seabass, Cappa Bleu, Sunnyhillboy, Ballabriggs, Balthazar King, Rare Bob and Quiscover Fontaine.

But I am also interested in the following as live outsiders; Poker de Sivola, Mr Moonshine and Becauseicouldntsee.

Notice that I really don't class Quiscover Fontaine as an outsider, despite the fact that he is available at 50/1 generally...

:?

I think he may represent the last remaining value in the declarations as it stands, and I wonder what would happen to his price if McCoy were to take the reins...
"The problem with the future is that there are more things that could happen than will happen" - Plato (liberally paraphrased)

Follow me on Twitter: @Nick_Crossland

andystaff
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby andystaff » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:42 pm

MR MOONSHINE

Not shown enough to consider capable of winning the national. A few good runs to suggest a place could be possible . But no chase win over 3 mile and a biggest chase win of £16k suggest he's short of the class required. :no:

andystaff
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby andystaff » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:49 pm

MUMBLES HEAD

If the national was run at Perth this horse would be my no1 choice.Was in cracking form last year and has won a class 2 chase worth £19k and won over 25f, but he seems to stuggle when racing in top class company. Not beyond the realms of possibility he could run into a place, but i doubt it. :no:

andystaff
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby andystaff » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:50 pm

PEARLYSTEPS

1 chase win worth £2k ! :no: :no: :no:

andystaff
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby andystaff » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:51 pm

NINETIETH MINUTE

1 chase win worth £8k ! :no:

deswalker
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby deswalker » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:56 pm

MR MOONSHINE

Not shown enough to consider capable of winning the national. A few good runs to suggest a place could be possible . But no chase win over 3 mile and a biggest chase win of £16k suggest he's short of the class required.
Although I broadly agree with this and Mr Moonshine fails a lot of the trends I look for as well, what I find very interesting about him is that he is very close to passing a lot of trends...

he hasn't won a 3m chase, but he has won a 22f chase, has won at 26f over hurdles and was second in the Rowland Merrick in December over 25f.

He was also a Novice last season which is a negative for me, but this is his third season chasing (first chase in Nov 2010)

:?
"The problem with the future is that there are more things that could happen than will happen" - Plato (liberally paraphrased)

andystaff
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby andystaff » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:57 pm

AURORAS ENCORE

A cracking 2nd to Merigo in the scottish national giving lumps of weight in 2012. Won a class 1 chase worth £28k and won over 25f, but since that Scottish national not alot to be positive about. If he can reproduce that 2nd in the Scottish national form, then could go well. :no:

deswalker
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby deswalker » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:58 pm

Oh, and Mr Moonshine has won a 3m point...