Aintree Grand National 2013 Ante Post

man o bong
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby man o bong » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Anything can happen in the Grand National
I wouldn't say that it the case so much these days. The race is far more competitive from a class position and the fences, whilst still demanding and 30 in number, are becoming far more jumpable

Strong travelling stamina laden solid jumpers are as far as we need look these days, just throwing those criteria in the mix will bring out few at big prices. Imperial Commander was a great performer and of course former Gold Cup winner, I'm not so sure however he would stay all the way round Aintree at this distance
When you're told you can't do something, do it and prove them wrong

ar line
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby ar line » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:39 am

shady pepper,
just noticed your remarks about watching last year's race over and over and thinking that Sunny will hold on one of these times. Reminded me of how sick I felt as the action unfolded.
Commentator thought he had held on and the cameras went to Johnjo and the groom who seemed to be celebrating. I was CERTAIN he had won.
When the photo finish was shown I was even more gutted as I felt a DEAD HEAT was the only fair decision.
It's taken a while to get the disappointment out of my system.

andystaff
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby andystaff » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:51 am

WYCK HILL out now.

andystaff
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby andystaff » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:43 pm

Don’t forget to enter the Doncaster tipping challenge on the ATTHERACES website.First prize £500 funded William Hills account.

gruntly2006
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby gruntly2006 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:41 am

Ar line.. Don't remind me of last years national lol!! I had been having a good few months and been topping up my bets on sunnyhillboy for 3 months ap.. As really fancied it to win last year :'( was counting my near 4 figure payout as he took the last turn and kicked on a fair bit looked home and hosed.....
Neptune colognes comes flying at him.. Still thought I had won was gutted with that result :console:

deswalker
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby deswalker » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:33 am

Ditto on Sunnyhillboy boys... :console:
"The problem with the future is that there are more things that could happen than will happen" - Plato (liberally paraphrased)

Follow me on Twitter: @Nick_Crossland

Squire
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby Squire » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:52 pm

Was it Drogerson that used certain GN trends for the last couple of years, and got 1st two years, and Sunnyhill Boy last year who we all know lost by a nostril? Believe he narrowed it down to a shortlist of 5...

deswalker
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby deswalker » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:05 am

drogerson was on Rare Bob last year and I think he is again this one.

:win:
"The problem with the future is that there are more things that could happen than will happen" - Plato (liberally paraphrased)

drogerson
At Stud
Tips

Postby drogerson » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:07 pm

Indeed I am.
Took 80+ on Betfair after his 1st race of the season. Everything I've seen since has only convinced me further of his credentials and the fact that he's been back in to 20's tells me I'm not the only one who recognises his chances.

Doesn't fit so much on the trends this year though. For me Always Waining & The Rainbow Hunter are the two on trends, but Rare Bob has been prepped for two years with the National in mind and if he gets a clear round I think he'll be in the placed for sure.

deswalker
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby deswalker » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:09 pm

I wonder how much of the support is due to the positive press that the jockey is getting nowadays drog?

Also speaking in his favour is the fact that Dessie Hughes had several in the race not too long ago, including Tofino Bay who was considerably shorter in the market at the time, but now Bob is the only one left...

:?

But, in other news, I think he looks far too short to be backing now at 25/1 best... aren't you lot lucky I pointed out when the last 80/1 was available (see previous page)...?

:P

deswalker
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby deswalker » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:41 am

More money this morning for Balthazar King... into 16/1 places. When he won the Cross Country at the festival he was very well backed. He will certainly get his ground and goes fresh.

22/1 with Hills.

:win:

andystaff
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby andystaff » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:29 am

QUINZ is out guys.