Aintree Grand National 2013 Ante Post

shady pepper
Listed Class
Tips

Postby shady pepper » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:53 am

the influence of OLD VIC progeny seems to go on if you backed all his offspring in either the becher chase or the national you would have 6 winners, 6 placed, 20 pulled up or failed to complete. a profit yes but to improve it further if you only back those qualifiers that went off at 20/1 or less the results read,(11310210210112022). 3 old vic offspring in the 2013 race,
SUNYHILLBOY backed it last year, still watch the replay as im sure one time it will hang on. no hiding place from the handicapper this year but cant leave it unbacked.
JOIN TOGETHER my first instinct is that it has nowhere near experience to win this but its second in the becher negates that, aintree winners on the dams side as well so has to be my banker
NINETIETHMINUTE currently 66/1 so no bet and seems unlikely to get in

deswalker
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby deswalker » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:07 am

Interesting weekend for the National, where Wyck Hill was put to the test at Kempton and the Bobbyjo Chase in Ireland consisted only of National entries.

One horse really stood out for me, and its one that I backed last year again, Rare Bob was only beaten 6 lengths in the Bobbyjo, getting 5lbs. He will get a stone from those in front of him on Saturday in the big one.

Cannot believe that the market has not fully latched onto the merit of the run. 80/1 is readily available about him and I would have it much shorter, given that Prince de Beauchene is 12/1 best and Seabass is 16/1 best and he is weighted to reverse on that form...

:?
"The problem with the future is that there are more things that could happen than will happen" - Plato (liberally paraphrased)

Follow me on Twitter: @Nick_Crossland

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:32 am

Des ...... if I'm being totally honest I don't think Bob jumps well enough to be a serious contender for the National ; in four visits to Aintree he has failed to complete twice and in the Becher Chase ( 2011 ) was beaten almost 60 Lengths when fifth ; his only half reasonable effort at the track was when 3rd behind From Dawn To Dusk on The Mildmay Course back in 2010. Only got as far as the fifth last year in the big one when unfortunately was brought down ; horses have good memories and if they have a bad experience in a race such as the National then they rarely show their best form when returning for another effort..... wouldn't be one for me but fingers crossed you get a run for your money.

deswalker
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby deswalker » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:32 am

Ive not backed it yet, still just sitting on Cappa Bleu at the moment, but Rare Bob hits a lot of trends and was considerately handled in the run up to last years race. He was unfortunate to be bought down last year and I think he's a better jumper on better ground.

How do you rate Chicago Greys jumping? It's my one significant question mark over him as well.

:?
"The problem with the future is that there are more things that could happen than will happen" - Plato (liberally paraphrased)

shortyss
Handicapper
Tips

Postby shortyss » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:49 pm

Having backed sunnyhillboy last year because of old Vic progeny doing well in the becher chase and the national I will be having a saver on him, but my banker will be JOIN TOGETHER.I have been waiting for this horse to run in the national as I got 66s and 50s last year for it to win a national, it is by top sire of the race (old Vic and the top dam of the race Montelimar),and Nicholls could not win the race for an age he will probably get two on the run now.

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:05 pm

BetVictor will be betting non-runner no bet on the John Smith’s Grand National from 9am on Monday.

deswalker
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby deswalker » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:12 pm

bet365 are also NRNB on the National from last Friday, and have 5 places in the EW terms.

:win:

deswalker
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby deswalker » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:06 am

Big hits on Rare Bob this morning; into 33/1 generally. Hills the only one's with 50/1 available still.

:win:

ashleytmh
2yo
Tips

GRAND NATIONAL

Postby ashleytmh » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:33 pm

My choice is Imperial Commander currently at 33-1 I last saw. I have actually stuck a tenner on him at this price. Anything can happen in the Grand National let's be honest and this horse is a good contender if he can get over his Infection that wiped him out of cheltenham. And i'm praying he'll compete as i've stuck a tenner on him!
Champagne Fever

budgie27
At Stud
Tips

Postby budgie27 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:36 pm

Seabass now best priced 12-1 - probably go off around 8-1 on the day but I'll probably bail if/when he gets to 10-1 for a free bet. There isn't much value in this market probably best to wait until week of race rather than bet now as there will be specials on offer. Chicago Grey I think a few were touting him last year I know he was BD but I couldn't have on my mind for this race especially at the price - he'd be a minimum 20-1 to get round . If he wins I'll give up betting forever! His last win outside a non race in Ireland was a level weights amateur race in March 2011 where he was generally a stone well in. Moody, generally a patchy jumper, respect his trainer but albeit this does not look a deep race outside the top 4 in the betting surely one of them would be ahead of him unless coming to grief.

budgie27
At Stud
Tips

Postby budgie27 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:14 pm

If you want an outsider that looks a little overpriced at this stage how about Tofino Bay at 33-1 NRNB 5 places with bet365. Cost me a little at Cheltenham when idling on the run in and getting collared by Back in Focus but as a trial for this race wasn't too shabby. It proved he stays 4 miles (looked to idle rather than run out of stamina), jumps well, the form at Cheltenham as a minimum seems to show that 149 is a fair mark as the horses who finished behind seemed to be the right ones. Won the Troytown Chase with Jadanli in behind. Only 15 runs under rules 6 wins, 5 seconds, 1 third testament to at least some level of consistency (2*2nd and win in 4 points also). Looks likely to have a good jock no matter what D Russell, N Carberry or B Cooper. Nice weight at 11-1 and decent age at 10 with few miles on the clock. Add in a front running/prominent running style then another tick in the box. Not sure if he will definitely run as also has an entry in the Irish equiv for which he is 12-1 but NRNB doesn't matter with that.

deswalker
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby deswalker » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:38 pm

Chicago Grey I would agree, is not a good enough jumper to be 16/1 for the National. It breaks my heart to say it because I was one who was very keen on him last year.

Seabass missed his opportunity last year when suitably handicapped in my opinion. Place chances of course but more will be needed to win it I would expect.

Tofino Bay is a Novice and that for me makes him a no bet, although that run at Cheltenham definitely was very game.
Looks likely to have a good jock no matter what D Russell, N Carberry or B Cooper
Cooper will be on Rare Bob for sure.