2012 Grand National

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

2012 Grand National

Postby The Executioner » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:38 pm

Entries now revealed - 82 in all including 31 from Ireland ; weights to be announced in a couple of weeks. Plenty of quality horses in the list this year. The fun starts here - Be Lucky :hope:

http://www.aintree.co.uk/news/entries_a ... f_quality/

DaveTehTipst0r
At Stud
Tips

Postby DaveTehTipst0r » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:41 pm

West End Rocker for me at this early stage - jumps supremely well and stays all day.. 20/1

think junior is WELL under priced..

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:46 pm

I always wait until the weights are announced, as there are always of a few surprises of horses carrying more or less than they officially should

drogerson
At Stud
Tips

Postby drogerson » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Hopefully I'll get lucky again this year on the trend analysis.

I'll do a bit of ground work over the next month or so, but I'll only be looking after the Cheltenham festival to start firming up the field.

Scratville
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Scratville » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:02 pm

For what its worth I like a horse called BALLYVESEY trained by P Bowen, its only a 7yo and might not get in this year but it jumps really well, likes top of the ground and stays well. He's jumped round Aintree twice now finishing 3rd and 4th, i'm sure they have this race in mind when running 3rd round the course in December (A long way behind West End Rocker) because the horse hates Heavy ground but I think they wanted him to have another look at the fences, he jumped great that day and stayed on really well. His time might not be this year but i'm sure he'll go close in the race it the future.
50/1 best price but will not bet till I know he's a certain runner.
Horse Racing One A Day Winner April 11
Horse Racing One A Day Winner July 11
Football One A Day Winner Sept 11
NFL Handicap Challenge Winner Oct 11
Horse Racing One A Day Winner Dec 11
Football One A Day Winner May 13

nelix847
Stallion
Tips

Postby nelix847 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:02 pm

defo keeping an eye on SHAKALAKABOOMBOOM but want it to run in a 3and half miler 1st be for the national but has improved loads last 3 runs at higher distance.
I stake low on bets.(Real Life)

If i had a double headed coin I would still loose and if i had a lucky rabbits foot it would bring as much luck as it did the rabbit.

One A Day Horse Racing #2 June 2013
One A Day Racing - Week 2 #1 December 2013

drogerson
At Stud
Tips

Postby drogerson » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:09 pm

A little bit disappointed Knockara Beau didn't receive an entry. Twice this winter has raced at Cheltenham and both times been staying on well at the end of 3m2f after not picking up in the middle part of the race.

budgie27
At Stud
Tips

Postby budgie27 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:23 pm

I backed Junior as soon as D Pipe confirmed this as his target for the season months ago, he was 25-1 then not sure 16-1 is much value (particularly as his hcp mark was battered by the handicapper) in this race always want 20-1 or above. Doubt I'll have much other interest in the race unless Galaxy Rock a confirmed runner and gets dropped a few pounds (would seem fair based on his run over 3 miles at Doncaster and a mark of c. 141 would make him interesting). Deep Purple at 50-1 if he runs (trainer states waiting for weights) is an interesting outside punt with a fair record at Aintree, pace to Lay up on the first circuit and seemingly last time staying really well over 3m6f, has age stat to overcome at 11.

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Postby UnderdogsLover » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:15 pm

Yes am also waiting for the weights to come out to , but have rough idea
what am doing, then the next stage is Cheltenham when i made
my mind up :yes: be for have a flutter on the ante post..
Anything can happen to the weights come out etc.
Yes got my fingers burnt a lot of occasions, doing it fair to early.. :lol:
They either been pulled out or get injured..

Chicargo Grey one i like around 25/1 to 33/1 mark :D , as i love
my greys.
Also am waiting on Midnight Club to, so got 2 i like so far.

Yes love this time of year, getting nearer to Spring, Cheltenham countdown
and then National.Then Spring will be here with us once again.. :) :D

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:16 pm

Deep Purple at 50-1 if he runs (trainer states waiting for weights) is an interesting outside punt with a fair record at Aintree, pace to Lay up on the first circuit and seemingly last time staying really well over 3m6f, has age stat to overcome at 11.

11 is not that bad an age really - in the last 30 runnings we have seen 7 x 11yo be successfull . Aldaniti '81 ; Last Suspect '85 ; Maori Venture ' 87 ; Mr Frisk '90 ; Seagram '91 ; Minnehoma '94 ; Red Marauder ' 01 Not sure what you mean by ' age stat to overcome ' ? IF the horse stays age will not be against him.

deswalker
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby deswalker » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:39 pm

Won't get 80/1 for Killyglen again will I, after his display last year before falling?!

There are some really good stayers in there that have caught me eye over the last couple of years and left me thinking about The National; Chicago Grey as mentioned above was given an odd kind of ride when last appearing at Cheltenham (although I do believe there is some sort of a jinx on Grey's in the race), Le Beau Bai stays all day (might want it softer though) and West End Rocker who was very good last season but seems to be even better this judging by the growing margin at the end of The Becher...

Can't wait! :win:
"The problem with the future is that there are more things that could happen than will happen" - Plato (liberally paraphrased)

Follow me on Twitter: @Nick_Crossland

judoman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby judoman » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:02 pm

I always pay attention to the way Nick Mordin generates his shortlist every year. You know, he has a list of 13 factors and awards points for each factor the horse satisfies. Think the running total was getting the winner on his shortlist in 10 out of the last 13 runnings including Mon Mome 100/1, Silver Birch 33/1 and others. Those factors are listed on a thread somewhere I'm sure I will try and find them.... unless anyone has them nicely stored already?

He usually publishes the list in the Weekender on the Wednesday before the race but it would be nice to get a headstart
Last edited by judoman on Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.