Welcome Grand National Guide Bloggers

Mike N
Group 3 Class
Tips

Re: Welcome Grand National Guide Bloggers

Postby Mike N » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:00 pm

Gritter the prefix is GN Guide Bloggers :wink:

Think having 26 threads might be messy especially as there's no guarantee they will be grouped together. Something like Grand National entries: February 2019 will probably suffice putting the prefix in front.

Grittar82
Handicapper
Tips

Postby Grittar82 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:33 pm

Gritter the prefix is GN Guide Bloggers :wink:

Think having 26 threads might be messy especially as there's no guarantee they will be grouped together. Something like Grand National entries: February 2019 will probably suffice putting the prefix in front.
I think you're right. Must get use to the prefixGN Guide Bloggers :thanks:
Formerly known as Lucky Vane on Grand National Blog

Remember never assume anything because Assume makes an Ass out of U and Me.

Mike N
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby Mike N » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:15 pm

I've put a thread up for Royal Ascot next week with the usual prefix.

viewforum.php?f=6

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:00 pm

I'd just like to say a big welcome to some new members, albeit a forced exodus it seems like!

I'm Jim, one of the OLBG moderators. I've been with OLBG for a long, long time now - way back to when I lived in Scotland - and I can say this is a tremendous place to be. I'm pretty sure once you guys get the hang of it, you'll see it's a good forum to use. Change always does require an adjustment and a little compromise but I'm sure you'll see that OLBG are welcoming and looking forward to your contributions. I'm just catching up on things this last week or two after an unfortunate enforced absence form OLBG, but it looks like you've been allowed a lot more leeway than normal new members have. OLBG are clearly trying to make your migration a good one. I'll read through this entire thread so that I can see how Teddy and the gang have set things up for you (last ting I want to do is use a mod ruling on something you've been given permission to do! :P )

Since I'm in Texas, my time on here is usually when it gets later in the UK due to the time difference, but if there's anything I can do as moderator to help you guys navigate around or help you fit in, please let me know or drop me a PM. There's a number of moderators on the site and we're all hear to help make it a good place for visitors.

Good luck :win:
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

Mike N
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby Mike N » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:12 am

I've put a page up for today if anyone wants to use it. Usual place.

https://m.olbg.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6

kj 23
2yo
Tips

Postby kj 23 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:54 pm

Thanks to members here for such a warm welcome :)
I've not had much time to get started,. still pretty lost and I'm a steeplechaser! hopefully easier to get used to it with your navigation advice and I'm sure other GN bloggers, when/ if they return will find it all useful.

Old bloggers!- hello!
I hope more return and please keep your old names! for ease...YOU CAN USE SPACES TO DO SO! I stupidly didn't realise but atleast you know its me, note to Mark(o) :unlucky:

Folefornim
2yo
Tips

Postby Folefornim » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:59 pm

A suggestion would be under Board Index/ Horse Racing have a thread called Grand National Guide Bloggers and then transfer over all the posts including the historical ones in there in an easy to reach fashion.

Anyone else agree?
Yes, I agree.

Mike N
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby Mike N » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:22 pm

I've created a new topic thread in the usual place called "GN Guide Bloggers Racing and General Sports Tips - July 2018". Start using it from now and through July. Saves having to do one every week.

Pollyowls
2yo
Tips

Postby Pollyowls » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:26 am

Greetings to all... another survivor from the old site checking in!!! Glad to see a number of familiar names have made the transfer... hopefully many of the others will follow in due course.
Still very much finding my feet on here, so am still getting used to the new setup.
Not wishing to go over old ground, but am disappointed that a lot of the information we had on the old site appears to have been lost. My only comment to the mods would be that, if you intend doing this again, perhaps it would have been better to give the users 7 days notice - we could have then saved or retrieved some of our database information for use on the new site.
Anyway, will contribute as time allows over the summer, and look forward to hearing from old and new friends in the future...

Jim Brown
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips
Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, FC Dallas, and Burn!

Postby Jim Brown » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:05 pm

Greetings to all... another survivor from the old site checking in!!! Glad to see a number of familiar names have made the transfer... hopefully many of the others will follow in due course.
Still very much finding my feet on here, so am still getting used to the new setup.
Not wishing to go over old ground, but am disappointed that a lot of the information we had on the old site appears to have been lost. My only comment to the mods would be that, if you intend doing this again, perhaps it would have been better to give the users 7 days notice - we could have then saved or retrieved some of our database information for use on the new site.
Anyway, will contribute as time allows over the summer, and look forward to hearing from old and new friends in the future...

Welcome to OLBG :)

Just to clarify what appears to be a little misunderstanding, the mods here do oversee forum activity, yes, but in this specific (rather unique) case we don't have any control over what OLBG is allowing to come over from your old site. The transfer of you all (and any information, posts, etc) from the old site has been handled by the OLBG admins - a level above the forum mods. That's probably why no forum moderators have been able to answer questions as to content from the old site. We just don't know what's feasible regarding what can or can't be brought over.

If your group of folks has a spokesman, and an OLBG contact from the transfer, then I would suggest using that channel to find out what can or can't be done with the older content. Failing that, using the Contact link (at the bottom of each page) will put you directly in touch with Admin.

Regardless, I hope y'all fit in with OLBG. From what I've seen of the posts some of you have made there's a deal of knowledge among you all - and that's something that's welcomed here :win:
OLBG Moderator
100% OLBG!
Follow me on Twitter: @ebook_olbg
Read My Blogs on OLBG
Founder of the OLBG NFL Underdog Blog

TeddyT
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby TeddyT » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:08 pm

Just to also reiterate, if there are any specific threads, stats etc that you would like brought over from the old site if you can give me a clear idea of what I am looking for I will do my best to retrieve what you are looking for.
OLBG Tipster Competition Manager

roughandtumble
2yo
Tips

Postby roughandtumble » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:41 am

I've only ever been a minimalist contributor to the GN Guide Blog, but read just about every post since Comply Or Die's win, and Rambling Minster's demise, so disappointed to hear that the Blog is no more. Always enjoyed putting my votes forward. Anyhow, times move on, and I'm sure as more and more of the regulars drip back in as the Grand National gathers speed the newly named 'GN Guide' threads will mirror the old blog. Hopefully anyway, because The Grand National, massively supported by the GN Blog, becomes my main hobby throughout the winter months. Please keep with it everyone.
Roughandtumble