EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2015

Systemsman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2015

Postby Systemsman » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:41 pm

EUROVISON 2015 - FIRST POST
Well here we are on the eve of 2015 and the first Eurovision song has been declared - Albania!!

Hope the team can get together in 2015 and take those bookies down!!!
Its not easy anymore, you now have to look at some of the major countries semi and finals to spot that early top euro song. getting one early is important but the problem is that in the last two years some early runners have gone out and last minute songs have won or gained support late.

Look out for that outstanding song (TOP TIP: YOU DO NEED TO HEAR IT LIVE), also look out for the funny, unusual or crazy but it must also be very good.

Will post more in the next week or so. Do come on and join thee team and say hello.

Think we are due a winner from eastern Europe this year but its early days for sure.

We CAN win in 2015!!

So here goes our first song - Albania:
Elhaida Dani - Diell (Albania) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC9qqjsfRvw

Scores 1-10 please.

Systemsman
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Albania

Postby Systemsman » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:44 pm

Albania will be cut by 1minute - its 4minutes long so far.

This wont win: its 3 for 10 for me. A poor entry- needs a lot more work to get even a 5/6.

botev1921
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby botev1921 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:53 pm

If all goes to plan, it has to be a cultural year, but would need to see what the strong cultural entries are about. As for Albania - dynamic ballad, which is easy to forget I am afraid and we do get 4-5 pretty similar songs every year. Not on my books for now, but you know how certain performances grow on you as time passes.

Donal Eurovision
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby Donal Eurovision » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:01 pm

Greetings and Happy New Year to all.

One of the lessons of 2014 is that the bookies do not know who will win from the start. The early and the brave can get very good value. Last year Austria (1st) could have been had at 50/1 and The Netherlands (2nd) at 200/1.

There are indeed five entries announced at this point, Macedonia, Malta, Netherlands, Belarus and Albania. While I fully accept that songs can be reworked and gain a momentum I find it hard to see a winner in this bunch....

Donal Eurovision
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby Donal Eurovision » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:05 pm

I could have been a little more helpful, there are the entries to date...

Albania:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjCnIn_GIeQ

Belarus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQubfgjWIzA

The Netherlands:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgaOQde5dSU

Macedonia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMdxpDtcXlI

Malta:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4KEgc5uduM

I think Malta is the best of a bad lot so far...

Sableheart
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Sableheart » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:30 pm

Hey all, as I mentioned in last years thread, I found this site shortly before the last contest when I was looking for solid predictions on Eurovision. This year, I hope to be able to participate far more actively.

To actually win eurovision:
- the song needs to be actually good,
- the song needs to be performed well,
- and the song needs to stand out among the other entries.

When the contest was decided 100% on televoting, a weaker song with an impressive presentation stood a chance (think wild dances or Lordi), but since the reintroduction of the jury vote in 2009, you need quality if you want to stand a chance.

None of the 5 songs revealed thus far strike me as exceptional quality. The dutch and maltese entries are probably the best of the bunch. However, both of them seem to be forgettable middle of the road pop, which I don't see standing out in a field of 26.

A note: to avoid bias, I attempt to listen to each song equally often. This means that unless there is a major change announced in a song, I won't listen to these 5 again until all songs have been announced.

manor
2yo
Tips

Eurovision song contest

Postby manor » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:28 pm

Lay England and lreland all day not to finish in the first 3,4,5,and 10 its like stealing money :yes: javascript:emoticon(':yes:')

scoobydoo68
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby scoobydoo68 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:55 am

Hey guys nice to be back for Eurovision :D after last year we can safely say the people that vote are crazy!
With so much trouble going on around Europe i would be shocked if a fun entry which we see a lot of will win it.
Personally I think it will be similar to last year, however for somewhat of an unusual act like a cross dresser with a beard to win two years in a row would be unlikely.
I have a feeling we will see a very serious Eurovision 2015 with high quality entries and less of the rubbish we seem to see every year.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:46 am

Posted By manor:

A happy new year to all our members.
Call me sad if you wish but every year i look forward to the Eurovision song contest.
l have watched it every year for 50 years.
Not until recently have l realised what a super money making event it is.
Last year i picked the winner at 50/1 and won my golf fees (four figures).
l tell everyone who is in to betting to Lay England and lreland for as much as they can afford to lose.
Prices on Betfair are not brillaint but evens not to finish in the top ten is a good bet.
l have never lost money on these bets for the last five years, but of course the risk is always there .
Please look at this with an open mind when the odds come up for top3,4,5,and 10.
Hope it makes you some money .

Donal Eurovision
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby Donal Eurovision » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:10 pm

Have to disclose from the start that I have a substantial wager on the UK to win. This bet was made a week after last years competition when Paddy Power offered 66/1 ..... the price was amended to 20/1 after my visit.
I will of course lay it off if I don't like the song as I'm certain the UK will start the night around 10/1 to 18/1 regardless of the quality.
I do hope I don't get confused and greedy :lol:

Sableheart
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Sableheart » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:49 pm

I agree that generally speaking, laying the UK is a good bet.

However, when they have a reasonable entry, they tend to get overhyped. Blue, Humperdink and Molly were all available at around 10/1, even though none of them really came close to the 10% winchance that would imply. Given that, it might be worth it picking them up early as security, hoping to trade out later.

You would have to search hard for good prices though, as you would need to find a 30 or even a 40 to make it worth the risk.

Edit: the 66 Donal mentioned would be excellent for this purpose ;)

adamross
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby adamross » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:46 pm

Hey - roll on the 19, 21 and 23 May!

Great to see the team getting back together to see if we can solve the 2015 puzzle.

It's great to be involved early, though in retrospect, I jumped in too soon last year and was fighting a losing book - and wasn't able to spot or cover the eventual winner until too late.

As the bookies see this as a growing betting market with related promotions, it is certainly worth looking out for these (and hopefully posting on this board). The money back if 2nd from Betfred certainly came to my rescue last year after the Netherlands were runners up - it reduced my losses somewhat.