A great day at the Cheltenham races

slimey
Group 1 Class
Tips

A great day at the Cheltenham races

Postby slimey » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:22 pm

Luckily I live 5 minutes away from the course so I thought I'd go without a coat and am happily home with cupper.
I managed to get a seat at the parade ring right where Mullins, king, Henderson would walk past every race.. great view of the horses and large screen.
I backed first flow in the first and both first flow and getabird was so buzzy/had to be held in the ring that I knew my money was lost before the race had started.
Footpad was ok in the ring.. and was impressive.
My next bet was Cogry at 20/1 and that too was too lively in the parade ring.
Buveur d'air was the most impressive in the ring allday.. was just so laid back and casual.
The olbg race was next and I was shocked to see that apples jade won best turned out.. there was nothing of her. She looked so small and skinny..
By this time I was frozen so I walked around, popped into the quevega bar but it was cold and I couldn't get WiFi reception yet again.
I'm no judge of horses..what they should look like etc, but it seems to me that if your horse is pulling double or just buzzy it's time to lay.
No winners today but great to get a free ticket and watch the horse and trainers.
After Summerville boy won. Tom George had to barge thru the security red coats as they wouldn't let him in.. even tho he was the winning trainer.. absolute shambles but hilarious to watch.

Cheers

bazakehurst
Group 3 Class
Tips

Re: A great day at the Cheltenham races

Postby bazakehurst » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Glad you had fun.

Was a big shame what happened to Mossback but overall a good start to the festival.

Hopefully we get a surprise winner or two in the next few days to really mix it up.