Cheltenham Festival Specials We Want Your Help

sportingsamcan
Group 2 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Cheltenham Festival Specials We Want Your Help

Postby sportingsamcan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:48 pm

We ran a Poll regarding the Festival Bankers, now we need your help to add a leg or two to a special #PriceItUp we want to make with Bet Victor.

If you aren't sure what these are you can read our blog about a recent 60/1 Superbowl winner right here https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413618

For Cheltenham it is quite simple we would love trainer/horse/jockey/owner related suggestions with reasoning, for example.

'JP McManus to have 5 or more winners'

"I believe that JP can have several winners at the Cheltenham Festival this year. Not only does he have a strong hand in the Champion Hurdle with as many as three runners just from one yard in his silks but he will also have live chances in most handicaps and the bumper."

We will then select a few and get a price from Bet Victor to give us a bet to enjoy for the Festival. Best reasoning gets a Pint on the Tuesday from my good self or at a future OLBG race meeting.

sportingsamcan
Group 2 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Cheltenham Festival Specials We Want Your Help

Postby sportingsamcan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:37 pm

Plenty of views but you guys have been shy so far to get involved with the comments.

Let's be having those bet suggestions so we can build a big price Cheltenham Festival #PriceItUp

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:48 pm

I’ll start you off then.

Ireland to win the Prestbury Cup.

With 19 wins from 28 races last year, the Prestbury cup was a procession for the Irish, and I’m afraid we might be looking at something similar this time around. Both Mullins and Elliott look to have very strong squads coming over for the Festival & should go close to 10 winners between the pair alone.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:14 pm

Buveur D’Air (Champion Hurdle) and Apples Jade (OLBG Mares’ Hurdle) to both win.

This looks like the opening day banker double. Both are the defending champions in their respective races, both have enjoyed success campaigns in the build up to the festival and both races don’t look like they have the ammunition to threaten these two hot pots.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

sportingsamcan
Group 2 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby sportingsamcan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:50 am

Good stuff guys, this bet offers people the chance to think outside the box a bit too, after visiting his yard yesterday I was quite tempted to add in "Nigel Twiston-Davies to have at least one Festival winner" I shall leave my original example for now.

Nicoista
Group 1 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Nicoista » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:34 pm

Returning Winners

5 or more horses who won at the 2017 festival to win at this years festival.

You have the likes of;
Buveur D'Air in the champion hurdle

Apples Jade in our OLBG mares

Presenting Percy in the RSA

Altior in the Queen Mother

Cause Of Causes or Tiger Roll in the cross country

Willoughby Court In the JLT

Un De Sceaux in the Ryanair

Supasundae In the stayers hurdle

Might Bite, Sizing John or Road to Respect in the gold cup

Tully East in the Brown Advisory

These are to name a few with good chances to follow up at this years festival.

sportingsamcan
Group 2 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby sportingsamcan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:22 pm

That is a very interesting suggestion.

Quite like someone to come up with an SP or rider angle perhaps. Davy Russell to ride 3 or more winners would be one on my mind, as for SP at least you know everything is running for you come those four days in March. From memory we usually get a shock or two in the handicaps. Labaik was a fair old price in the Supreme last year.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:50 pm

How about 2 winners and 4 places with a 33/1 or higher SP. We have plenty of open handicaps that can produce a few big priced places and maybe a couple of winners. I'm saying we can get a big price placed or winning in nearly a 1/5 of the races over the week.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:04 am

How about 2 winners and 4 places with a 33/1 or higher SP. We have plenty of open handicaps that can produce a few big priced places and maybe a couple of winners. I'm saying we can get a big price placed or winning in nearly a 1/5 of the races over the week.
I think a better angle would be, is there a winner of 40/1 or more?

I’d Throw in a distance bet too. Perhaps biggest winning margin to be 10+ lengths?

Fryboy
2yo
Tips

Postby Fryboy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:38 am

My own personal suggestion would revolve around Cheltenham festival top jockey.

Every year people want a bet on this market (lasts all four days) but the same one or two jockeys dominate the market and few bets are made.

Can we request that for example the top 10 jocks or so are quoted and a handicap created. I.e Ruby Walsh off scratch, Geraghty +1 Kennedy +1, Russell +2, De Boinville +2 etc etc.

Failing that maybe special bet that Jack Kennedy +2 winners to beat Ruby Walsh in a handicap match.

No other bookmaker seems to offer a handicap market so be good for the bookmaker and also a good advert for OLBG.

Could be the Olbg handicap market lol

sportingsamcan
Group 2 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby sportingsamcan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:26 am

Nice idea Fryboy but unlikely to happen will ask on your behalf as i think it is a great idea.

Anything you can think of to add into the PriceItUp such as x to ride two or more winners?

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:25 pm

These price it up markets can give us the opportunity to go a bit " off the wall".

I tend to look at Jockeys, SPs, Trainers during Cheltenham looking back at previous festivals for clues.

1. A winning SP of more than 40/1 to be returned?
2. Britain to have more winners than Ireland?
3. 3 Favourites to win on Tuesday?
4. Less than 10 SP favs to win? (3-2-2-2)
5 Noel Meade/Sue Smith to have a placed horse.
6. The SP fav to get beaten in race 1 Tuesday by the 2nd or 3rd in the betting.
7. Duc Des Genievres to place in the Supreme.

The above a re a few early thoughts, hope that helps, need some more study time!!