What Channel (TV & Radio) Is Cheltenham on?

bazakehurst
Group 3 Class
Tips

What Channel (TV & Radio) Is Cheltenham on?

Postby bazakehurst » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:23 am

I'm in the car until about 4PM everyday so will have to catch most races on the radio. What do I need tuned in? talkSPORT, talkSPORT2, BBC 5 Live?

And is ITV showing Cheltenham or do I need to subscribe to one of the Sky racing channels like At The Races or Racing UK?

Hopefully there's a comprehensive list somewhere. Thanks.

UnderdogsLover
Stallion
Tips

Re: What Channel (TV & Radio) Is Cheltenham on?

Postby UnderdogsLover » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:33 am

Hi not long now.. :)
so will have to catch most races on the radio. What do I need tuned in? talkSPORT, talkSPORT2, BBC 5 Live?
I think BBC Radio 5 is best for that!! Think they certainly do Cheltenham one!!
Maybe Talksport to!! Especially know they got an extra channel.

GL.. Yes be nice know if they be more races on radio !! providing you need be in right area to piuck it up.
Can t even get my local radio station, find that quite strange..
Cheers......

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:47 am

ITV are covering the four days live as well as RUK.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

Wallsendlad
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Wallsendlad » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:13 am

I believe ITV are only permitted to cover all but the last 2 races each day of the Festival, so unless you are a subscriber to RUK, Cheltenham on TV finishes after the 4th race of the day.
If you have an online betting account with say 365, SKYBET or Paddy P, for placing a 0.50p bet , you can watch a streamed version on that race on either your mobile screen, Ipad or tablet. Thats what I would do before I retired last year. Having said that, I was a rep so it was quite easy for me to park up at the convenient time to catch that particular race :eyebrows: :wink:
I used to rely on listening to the Festival on the radio, but BBC complicated things by moving the commentaries from 5 Live to 5 Live sports extra and I couldn't find that waveband :oops:.
No idea what Talk Sport is like now, as I stopped listening to that station 3 years ago, and all the biased propaganda the majority of presenters spouted.