Toilet Tips Are Back!

bluemal
Legend
Tips

Re: Toilet Tips Are Back!

Postby bluemal » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:17 pm

Cheltenham Gold Cup.

I would expect Mighty Bite will go off favourite but I like a Each Way bet so I 've went for
Definitly Red who made his claims more obvious by winning the Cotswold Chase at Cheltenham last time out. That was another excellent performance from a horse who is assumed to be at his best on soft or heavy ground but his trainer Brian Ellison believes that the horse is just as suited by good ground and if that is the case he could be a very lively contender.He is a strong stayer so if he stays in touch then I would fancy him to keep going up the hill as others fade

16/1 at Paddy Power

bazzza
2yo
Tips

Postby bazzza » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:53 pm

BENATAR JLT

HAS WINNIG FORM UPTO GR2 LEVEL AND TOOK ANOTHER LEAP FORWARD LAST TIME OUT BEATING FINIANS OSCAR BY A HEAD WHERE HIS SLICKER JUMPING WON HIM THE DAY RECORDING BEST RPR OF 154 NEEDS TO IMPROVE AGAIN HERE BUT STRONGER GALLOP AND STIFF TRACK LIKE CHELTENHAM WILL SUIT . HAS WON ON ALL SORTS OF GROUND AND GONE WELL AFTER A BREAK .

BAZZZA

zemonk93
2yo
Tips

Postby zemonk93 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:06 pm

Well after much deliberation I've finally narrowed it down to my one tip.

Arkle Chase Tuesday 14:10

I really like the chances of St Calvados who for me ticks all the right boxes.
Firstly for the trend followers St Calvados meets all the key trends having won LTO and having a strike rate of 85% and assuming Coleman takes the ride previous success with the jockey.
He's the youngest in the race and looks to be a progressive type with plenty more to give having looked more impressive with every run for Harry Whittington so far with an overall winning distance of 40 length from 3 races.
The final deciding factor for me has been the snow and now expected softer ground than normally seen at Cheltenham Festival which can only play further into his hands.

Good Luck to all having a bet

yotaknat
2yo
Tips

Postby yotaknat » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:04 pm

2:10 13th March
Racing Post Arkle Challenge Trophy Novices' Chase

:NAP:Saint Calvados 4/1

This horse i've been watching and noting since before it ran here and the open stride and running manor only more excites moi on the free run for home as such the last three races are blistered away at the end as much as footpad can run i don't think catching this one is manageable for me i can see another 5L+ win.

sixthformer
Handicapper
Tips

Postby sixthformer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:53 pm

Sugar Baron - Kim Muir

Sugar Baron looks the part for the Kim Muir. Alotted a mark 2lbs higher than when sixth last year, beaten seven lengths, he comes into the race in better form this time around. He has finished second in both his starts this season, beaten less than a length each time. He has a tendency to get switched off in his races but he's a thorough stayer, still only eight years old, whose jumping has improved. He looks capable of picking up a big race off his current handicap mark and the Kim Muir is a realistic target.

daddy cool
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby daddy cool » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:44 pm

Cross Country Chase - Wednesday

Cause Of Causes

A horse that has unbelievable festival form and comes to itself in Spring. Since 2013 it has only had 3 wins, however all 3 wins have been at the festival - 2015, 2016 and 2017 Chase wins at the festival all 3 miles+ (2014 - 2nd in Kim Muir). This year, it had a recent prep run at Leopardstown (February) and sure now to strip fitter for that piece of work. Stays this mammoth trip - last year Grand National 2nd. Trained by the shrewd and talented trainer Gordon Elliot, not likely to place his top guns in the wrong race.

eden3264
Handicapper
Tips

Postby eden3264 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:49 am

Cheltenham
Friday, 16th March
Triumph Hurdle

Pick: REDICEAN: 9/2

So, here we are then. It's the last day of the Festival. The first race of the day is approaching. YOU are in the toilets seeking inspiration. Desperate times, eh?
But, fear not. Have a read of this, then wash your hands (please!), stroll outside and peel off a grip of 20's (yes, the collective noun for the twenty pound note is indeed a 'grip'...or it is now) and then march over to the bookie of your choice and bet BIG. Bet LARGE. Be BOLD.

On what?

On REDICEAN of course. A horse that travels so smoothly in its races that you need to check if it's on a hoverboard. A horse with the cruising speed of a young Hugh Grant, c.1995 Los Angeles, and the finishing speed too. With only three hurdle races under its belt, there is clearly a lot more improvement to come. I have no worries as to the much-discussed state of the ground as Redicean has shown he acts on any: Though good/soft underfoot is probably preferred.

Jumping has been the worry as in his first two races there was a lack of fluency and Cheltenham (left-handed course) is not a track that is sympathetic to the fragile and clumsy of hooves. Last time out we saw a marked improvement with some intelligent adjustments at a few of the hurdles, and Redicean eventually swept past his rivals for a very impressive win. Yes, all races have been at Kempton (right handed course) and that is a slight negative, but this lovely looking Medicean gelding has the stamp of a winner not just in looks but also in attitude so the change should not bother him.

Alan King, Trainer, after latest win :
Redicean stayed a mile and six (furlongs) on the Flat, and I have no worries whatsoever about the Cheltenham hill – Penzance had never seen it before he went there, and he won a Triumph

A mid 80 rated flat horse with 2 wins in 10, both at Redcar (left-handed course), trainer King has primed him well, and though this is a very tough race to win, I am confident that REDICEAN has what it takes to cruise around, stay on his feet, and kick away at the end for a win and a GREAT start to the final day of the Festival. Now...wash those hands...and get a Grip!

Scottielove
2yo
Tips

Postby Scottielove » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:14 pm

LOOK MY WAY - Boodles Fred Winter Juvenile Hurdle on Wednesday

John Quinn has only had 2 Cheltenham festival winners and his ex Andrew Balding 4yo gelding could well make the journey south from North Yorkshire pay dividends. My selection has only had 3 NH starts since switching yards. After a short break from the flat his first brush start was at Newcastle in December where he was well fancied but lost out to the Paul Nicholls trained Act of Valour, which on debut was a good introduction. A month later he appeared again in what looked a straight forward juvenile hurdle winning easily at cramped odds despite running green and hanging somewhat. Both of those efforts have been franked with winners behind since and he then took his form to another level again Jan when last seen running 2nd behind the useful Henderson Apple's Shakira.
He has had a nice break since and with this being his first handicap start (initial mark of 135 looks ok) the promising Quinn runner look great for each-way backers.

Zipster
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Zipster » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:30 pm

Cause of Causes (X-Country)

Ideally want an Irish raider towards the head of the market and it is Gordon Elliott’s Cause of Causes who is taken to become only the second runner to defend his title in this race. Runner up in the 2017 Grand National since, trip too short LTO, will love being back over this trip.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:37 pm

Kalashnikov (Supreme Novices Hurdle, Tuesday)

Won the ultra competitive Betfair Hurdle at Newbury last time staying on strongly to beat a big field of experienced handicappers in soft ground. Has had a month off so should be ready and will like the fast pace of the Supreme and won't mind the ground staying on the easy side of good.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

Carpo Marx
At Stud
Tips

Postby Carpo Marx » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:15 pm

Wednesday RSA Novice Chase

Dounikos

7yr old trained by Gordon Elliott, won his first two chases when beating more fancied horses from the Elliott stable Monbeg Notorious and Tombstone respectively. Beaten under 2 lengths in a Grade 1 Novice Chase at Leopardstown over 2m 5f when 4th to Monalee last time out with no luck in running, expected to reverse placings over this longer 3m trip.

Randy Rann
Group 1 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Randy Rann » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:38 pm

Good luck everybody and hopefully the powers to be have got their shortlist ready to go to the printers!!

I'm still happy with my offering of Mulcahys Hill for the Albert Bartlett and can't believe you can still get a bit of 33-1!
That probably means he's got no chance but 3m will be the making of this fella who is nearly already a Grade 1 winner.

He nearly got back up to nail Poetic Rhythm after setting some serious fractions in the Challow and though did disappoint last time in the Ballymore trial that race came too soon. Got a big chance to my eye still.

Will be watching out for the final list with interest whoever makes it as might be worth some life changing accas on them!!
When will we know them?

Still think Wholestone is a massive player in the Stayers if we get half decent ground and have put reasoning up in the Stayers Hurdle thread and we can still get 16s for that horse!!

I'm on the Each Way double! Hoping those of you who put up Un De Sceaux get a shot of a toilet tip as I'm pretty sure he is my banker of the meeting. This thread actually got me thinking and I know members have put up individual fancies for each race elsewhere but if we had a separate competition for who can get the most winners & places for their own personal choices for 10 toilet tips that would be fun and a bit of interest.

I might even offer up one of my photo prints as a prize. So members if YOU had to pick Olbg's 10 toilet tips who would they be?

FWIW here would be mine...........& NO odds on shots!!

SLATE HOUSE (EW) Supreme
DINGO DOLLAR (EW) Ultima
DUC DE GENIEVRES (EW) Ballymore
KALONDRA (EW) Close Bros
UN DE SCEAUX (WIN/NAP) Ryanair
WHOLESTONE (EW) Stayers
WILLIAM HENRY (WIN) Coral Cup
MULCAHYS HILL (EW) Albert Bartlett
DIESE DES BIEFFES (WIN) Martin Pipe
MINELLA ROCCO (EW) Gold Cup

10 points any winner & 5 points a place!! Good luck and if anyone's interested please let me know your fancies. If this has legs and Olbg want to move elsewhere please do so!

All the best and a week from now we'll know who has won the Olbg mares very own race.............hope you like Apples!!