Toilet Tips Are Back!

Gillyjpb
2yo
Tips

Re: Toilet Tips Are Back!

Postby Gillyjpb » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:44 pm

Day 1 Arkle - PETIT MOUCHOIR

Footpad does seem to have transitioned into monster over fences but we do have to remember Petit Mouchoir beat him 3 times last season. He ran a blinder behind Footpad in the Irish Arkle on his seasonal appearance and is bound to improve on that run. He may not not get the better of Footpad but he certainly will go closer and I would be 95% certain he will be in the frame. With Footpad 10/11 and Petit Mouchoir 7/2, the value in the race, to me, is Petit Mouchoir at 7/2.

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:12 pm

Day 1 Arkle - PETIT MOUCHOIR

Footpad does seem to have transitioned into monster over fences but we do have to remember Petit Mouchoir beat him 3 times last season. He ran a blinder behind Footpad in the Irish Arkle on his seasonal appearance and is bound to improve on that run. He may not not get the better of Footpad but he certainly will go closer and I would be 95% certain he will be in the frame. With Footpad 10/11 and Petit Mouchoir 7/2, the value in the race, to me, is Petit Mouchoir at 7/2.
Hey mate, might be worth editing as won’t know prices on the day. Good luck with your selection - it might be one I back place only agains the fave :win:

Fryboy
2yo
Tips

Postby Fryboy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:18 pm

SORT IT OUT - Pertemps final.

Good enough to finish 2nd previously at the festival in 2015 County Hurdle behind Wicklow Brave off a mark of 134.

Not really taken to fences since but a step up to 3m and back over hurdles saw a much improved effort at Punchestown in February. Given plenty to do in race in which it paid to race prominently and a stiff 3m could be ideal. Looks for all the world like plotted up for this contest and will be a fair price with form figures of 65883.

toadie21
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby toadie21 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:21 pm

Mite Bite Gold Cup
Has festival form winning last years RSA and although he lost concentration in that race he showed that their was still plenty in the tank with the way he finished and fought out the win. No such problems this season with 2 comfortable wins including the traditional Gold Cup trail the King George at Kempton on Boxing Day.

spurs1967
2yo
Tips

Postby spurs1967 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:13 am

ARKLE CHASE - FOOTPAD

FOOTPAD oozes class looking an improved horse and a natural since entering the chase division. He brings relevant festival form with his fourth in last year`s Champion Hurdle previously a significant pointer for this race , and his uninterrupted campaign with equal time between races should serve him well here. Likely advantaged by his adaptable running style , and in a race which often sees a strong favourite prevail he can continue the trend.

Fredgarvx
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby Fredgarvx » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:54 pm

ARKLE CHASE. ...........FOOTPAD

Footpad was placed in the triumph hurdle a few years back and 4th in the champion hurdle last year so has plenty of course form on side hasn't looked back since reverting to chases this season winning all 3 very comfortably including beating main market rival in this event latest jumping like an old hand trainer Willie Mullins has won this race for 2 of the last 3 runnings and looks prime for a return to winning ways with what looks to be one of the bankers of the week.

wakeman
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby wakeman » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:57 pm

Ok, going for the Gold Cup and Road To Respect, my feeling is it is more open than many feel but if a trainer deserves a Gold Cup it is Noel Meade and he could have the arsenal to achieve it this year, anything Gordon Elliott runs will be backed also.
It will be a long time to the 19th if shots like that are going to be the dish of the day.

toonarmy32
2yo
Tips

Postby toonarmy32 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:08 pm

Hi

This is my first year in the Toilet Tips but i would like to put up Flying tiger currently around the 14/1 mark. He won at the festival last year taking the Fred Winter from Divin Bere. His best performances have been on better going and with Richard Johnson on board. Currently on a mark of 140 he is only 6 pounds higher than last year, his most recent run in the Kingwell looks good on ground to slow for him with a rpr of 151 for that effort. He was giving call me lord 2 pound in the weights and was beaten by .5l. That would suggest call me lord ran a pound below his or of 152 and flying tiger was some 11 pounds better. Elgin who won the race is rated 161 for a 5l beating which would tell me fling tiger is at least a 150 rated horse.

Many Thanks
Ed

toonarmy32
2yo
Tips

Postby toonarmy32 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:09 pm

Hi

Sorry for the County Hurdle

Ed

sidhousham
2yo
Tips

Postby sidhousham » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:27 pm

Hi my first time on toilet tips so hope I do it right cannot wait for the festival to start sure to be some great racing.My tip for the festival has to be in the Gold cup and that is Native River been lightly raced this year with this race in mind ran really well when winning on its seasonal return bound to come on for that and can improve on last years third as he is one that will see the trip out not so sure the same can be said for Might Bite.Looks a solid e/w bet at 6/1 in most places can see it being less on the day .Also out of fifteen runs at class1 and handicap level has only been out of the places five times and though this looks a very open gold cup .Colin Tizzard will have him ready to run the race of his life and can see the yard cheering him home in victory this year with a good round of jumping which they will all need that bit of luck fingers crossed

Daznverna
2yo
Tips

Postby Daznverna » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:43 pm

TULLY EAST - Brown Advisory and Merriebelle Stable Plate

Alan Fleming’s 8 year old won the Close Brothers Novice Handicap on the first day of last years festival over the same 2 mile 4 trip. He’s a horse who travels through his races well and hands the hustle and bustle of a big field handicap well. He will appreciate a strong gallop and the better surface you usually get at the festival. He caught the eye last time out at Leopardstown in February when finishing 3rd behind Patricks Park, traveling smoothly through the race and making eye catching progress until making a slight mistake 3 out at the last open ditch, just as the pace was picking up.
This. Spot on. I have backed it at double figures.

SAMBARB
2yo
Tips

Postby SAMBARB » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:17 pm

Native River - Gold Cup

I really fancy Native River to win it this year, he ran a great race last year to finish and was probably done for up the hill with the amount of racing he had done. This year he is fresher and a good jumper and won't mind the conditions, he also stays well.