Triumph Hurdle - Friday 16th March 2018 (Day 4)

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: Truimph Hurdle - Friday 16th March 2018 (Day 4)

Postby Brownie3 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:54 pm

I'm trying not to build my hopes up re Apples Shakira, I've had a real good bet at 25's, but really trying to keep a lid on the prospects of her winning.

She's due to run on trails day, that will be 3 runs at the course, it's likely to be Soft again, we just dont know how she'll handle possible spring ground, also Im not sure what on earth she's beaten form wise, the current 7/2 is down to the connections, the big sister and the hype imo.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:51 am

Might come back to bite my arse later.....but i've not been that impressed with We Have A Dream?
The win last week was solid but I actually liked the fight Sussex Ranger showed back in second. I think the latter might be better over further eventually but Gary Moore's charge jumps well and seems to respond the pressure and should appreciate the better spring ground with its flat background. Could be the e/w way play for me.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:53 pm

I’d prefer to see Sussex Ranger skip Cheltenham and run at Aintree. He’s a lovely horse who should jump a fence in time and he’ll be allowed time to find his rhythm at Aintree. I think the undulating Chepstow straight asked more of him than it did WHAD, though he coped admirably

Redicean won well today but isn’t slick enough over the hurdles for a Triumph winner.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:48 pm

We all have been taken back by Nicky Henderson Apple's Shakira who is a course and distance winner but she has only beaten small fields and never been really tested and at 5/2 to 3/1 for her could be a decent favourite or a short price not to play at.

I have been taken back by a horse who is a massive price for this race and it is not like me to venture into this sphere of the OLBG threads, just read and note but I have been impressed with what I have seen.
Solo Saxophone is by Frankel and has an engine, I thought this one was beaten at Wetherby and the colt picked up in fine style and found when Harry Skelton asked.

I honestly thought he would struggle on this soft surface but nothing of the sort, he quickened like a good horse and if this was decent ground, he would of been a lot more impressive.

He started out with Dermot Weld, raced five times without winning but has shown his skills in this sphere and could be progressive enough to be a big player here, certainly interesting 40/1 with William Hill with 33's with others.

Like to see what other members think about this one chances, all am I barking up the wrong tree for a winner.
OLBG Moderator

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:06 pm

Well, we haven't got much to go on with the Triumph horses but my biggest concern with Solo Saxophone would be whether Dan Skelton has this as a target for the horse. As a trainer, I don't think he's ever had a runner in this race?

We can be sure Henderson, Mullins and Elliott will have a few that'll be competitive and will no doubt have had this race as a target for a while. It's a tough ask.

It looks like he's more likely he'll go for the Fred Winter, if he goes at all, and I see he's 25/1 for that, which is still a good price.

https://www.racinguk.com/news/frankel-c ... therby-win

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:36 pm

Shrews cheers for the reply, I did not know Solo Saxophone had another entry, 25/1 is another good price as you mentioned, being a young horse, may by pass Cheltenham and wait until next year, If they do run this Frankel colt, might be interesting to see.
OLBG Moderator

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:26 pm

Shrews cheers for the reply, I did not know Solo Saxophone had another entry, 25/1 is another good price as you mentioned, being a young horse, may by pass Cheltenham and wait until next year, If they do run this Frankel colt, might be interesting to see.
Interesting for sure and a good spot. We don't know with Skelton either, he's probably not stopped improving as a Cheltenham Festival trainer just yet. But it looks more likely from what I can see that it will be the Fred Winter rather than the Triumph.

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:45 am

He'll be going to Cheltenham, there selling shares in him, on the basis of him going in March.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:02 pm

A nice win for Mr Adjudicator today who sat just off the pace and then finished his race well but you would suspect a bigger field and faster pace when we get to this race. It also gives Stormy Ireland a boost as apparently he's the best of Mullins' juveniles!
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

bazakehurst
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby bazakehurst » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:26 am

I fancy Mitchouka.

Sticky99
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby Sticky99 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:28 am

Well done to those on Apple's Shakira at big prices but she looks too short now. She's run in 3 uncompetitive races so far and i'm not sure if she's improved on her first run for Nicky. At 11/4 i'd be keen to take her on. The Leopardstown Juvenile Hurdle at the Dublin Festival looks the strongest 4yo form this season and I would not be surprised if the top 2 both hit the frame at Cheltenham. Mr Adjudicator beat Farclas far and square last time and it was notable that Willie aimed the horse at the Grade 1 on only his second start. Farclas was also having his second start for Gordon Elliott and should improve upon this.

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:19 pm

Couldn’t help but be impressed by Redicean but you have to question just how strong a renewal the Adonis was this year. Into second favourite at 5/1 now