Mares Novices Hurdle - Thursday 15th March 2018 (Day 3)

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Mares Novices Hurdle - Thursday 15th March 2018 (Day 3)

Postby Brownie3 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:38 am

Thoughts...

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Mares Novices Hurdle - Thursday 15th March 2018 (Day 3)

Postby Gman84 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:48 am

I was very impressed by the run Maria's Benefit put in at Taunton yesterday. She pulled away from the others, including a well regarded Nicky Henderson runner, with ease and looked to have plenty left in the tank. In to a best priced 10/1 now. It's worth noting the trainer, Stuart Edmunds isn't the biggest name around but he's having a bit of a purple patch at present with 4 winners over the the Christmas period and Ciaran Gethings is teaming up with most of them.

Will we see her again before the festival? Her OR was 136 so what does she get after that? Limini and Let's dance have both been 140+ rated types when going for this.

Speaking of Willie Mullins trained types, let's keep an eye out for the UK/Irish debut of Salsaretta whom the Ricci's have bought from France. 2nd in the betting at present and you have to think that price is all about the connections.

Apple's Shakira tops the betting but looks Truimph bound. If we start geting NRNB early in the New Year I might have a little on Maria's Benefit based on what i seen today.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:17 pm

Maria’s benefit looks set to run at Doncaster this weekend. Expecting her to be shorter for the festival after then. Won’t be surprised to see her go something like 6/4 if she wins!

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:38 am

I'm hoping Verdana Blue takes her on at Doncaster

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:02 pm

Pretty taken by that performance by laurina - probably didn’t beat much but looked a very good prospect.

I just can’t see Maria’s Benefit getting up the hill utilising those all out attack tactics. Will Gethings be able to control the pace of the race effectively?

Rumour has it Salsaretta set to miss the festival too unfortunately and be kept for next season.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:36 pm

Pretty taken by that performance by laurina - probably didn’t beat much but looked a very good prospect.

I just can’t see Maria’s Benefit getting up the hill utilising those all out attack tactics. Will Gethings be able to control the pace of the race effectively?

Rumour has it Salsaretta set to miss the festival too unfortunately and be kept for next season.
I backed against Maria's Benefit yesterday and whilst she won and showed some fighting qualities when Irish Roe clawed back the big lead I'm always suspicious of form that looks too good to be true and I felt her Taunton run was like that, she broke the field early and just kept going. You'd suspect a bigger field and a stiffer track might play against her style but credit where credit due, she did show she is tough to pass.

It sounds like Irish Roe might go straight for the Mares Hurdle itself and she looks like she might want a bit further but really like how she has taken to hurdling although I do wonder if her slight fluff of the last cost her the masses of momentum she seemed to be gaining by the stride up to that point.

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:44 am

Laurina looked the business on Saturday, very taking performance.

Marias Benefot reminds me of Arlie Beach last year, that type of style of racing, she'll set this up for the others in my opinion.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:41 am

Laurina looked the business on Saturday, very taking performance.

Marias Benefot reminds me of Arlie Beach last year, that type of style of racing, she'll set this up for the others in my opinion.

She did and even though the main rival in the betting, Crackerdancer, fell, the way they were going she wasn't for beating but not sure much else in the field warrants much consideration and is it just me or was she guessing a bit at those last two hurdles? Possible just being careful because of how well she was going. She'll be better for the experience and I dare say better ground would also suit.

The price is already short though, the Mullins factor in play.

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:45 pm

This should be a better renewal than last year and I won’t be getting involved until the five day declaration stage. I was all over Let’s Dance last year but this division now has greater strength in depth, across more stables.

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:57 pm

Salsaretta entered into a race next Thursday at Clonmel...the dream is still alive!

bazakehurst
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby bazakehurst » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:57 am

Just having a look now. I've gone heavy for Black Corton (NRNB) @ 6/1

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:27 pm

Just having a look now. I've gone heavy for Black Corton (NRNB) @ 6/1
Hopefully not for this race :cool: (will have a good chance in the 4 miler however)