Stayers Hurdle - Thursday 15th March 2018 (Day 3)

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Stayers Hurdle - Thursday 15th March 2018 (Day 3)

Postby Brownie3 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:37 am

Thoughts...

Wobber24
Listed Class
Tips

Re: Stayers Hurdle - Thursday 15th March 2018 (Day 3)

Postby Wobber24 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:16 pm

Nichols canyon looks solid was never gonna beat apples jade as soon as she was allowed eazy lead giving winner 7lb strong run 3 mile is wat he wants and its very week division this year.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:16 pm

Apples Jade is running 3m in the Christmas Hurdle at Leopardstown. Connections seem sure she’s still going to defend her Mares title but if this goes well would he Stayers be something that could tempt connections?
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:54 pm

Gordon can say what he likes.....if Gigginstown want to go 3 miles, she'll go 3 miles...they pay the bills!

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:42 pm

Gordon can say what he likes.....if Gigginstown want to go 3 miles, she'll go 3 miles...they pay the bills!
To be fair Micheal O'Leary seemed to indicate the Mares Hurdle as well when he was interviewed recently but I'd love to see her challenged as she looks a really special mare.

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:09 am

Talk is cheap when targets are mooted 3/4 months before in my opinion.

If she hacks up over xmas, they'll be under immense pressure to change targets......and who would blame them!

I'm on Apples at 3's for the Mares, but took 11/4 any race also as insurance.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:21 pm

Sam Spinner shows his Haydock win was no fluke as he bolted up in the Long Walk and now goes to the head of the market. I don't think this is a strong division at present but only a young horse who has improved massively and his style of running gets others uncomfortable. Unowhatimeanharry and L'Ami Serge want to amble around for a circuit and a half then kill off the field two furlongs out but SS and if reproducing, Beer Goggles, won't let them pull that style off.

Unowhatimeanharry now out to 14's which at least makes him a more attractive e/w play. The wild card here is still Apple's Jade,if she runs well over 3m next week it won't matter what connections say, the bookies will keep her onside in this market.

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Sam Spinner shows his Haydock win was no fluke as he bolted up in the Long Walk and now goes to the head of the market. I don't think this is a strong division at present but only a young horse who has improved massively and his style of running gets others uncomfortable. Unowhatimeanharry and L'Ami Serge want to amble around for a circuit and a half then kill off the field two furlongs out but SS and if reproducing, Beer Goggles, won't let them pull that style off.

Unowhatimeanharry now out to 14's which at least makes him a more attractive e/w play. The wild card here is still Apple's Jade,if she runs well over 3m next week it won't matter what connections say, the bookies will keep her onside in this market.
Was taken by SS, but Harry made a mistake 2 our and that basically stopped his race dead. Not had s bet yet on this market but interesting to follow

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:11 am

Well Apple’s Jade showed she gets 3m today and it was a good run although having to miss the last probably hindered her a bit as that’s where she seems to really start to build momentum from. I also thought Supasundae ran a cracker and probably didn’t really enjoy having to tow them along in front but a small field left little choice.

Does Apple’s Jade now go for this? I’d expect her price to drop like a stone once we get NRNB as plenty will take a shot knowing that a re-route to the Mares Hurdle gets them a refund.

Obviously the race was marred by the sad news of Nichols Canyon, a classy animal who was always competitive at the top end of the game. Thoughts and condolences to connections.

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:31 pm

Well Apple’s Jade showed she gets 3m today and it was a good run although having to miss the last probably hindered her a bit as that’s where she seems to really start to build momentum from. I also thought Supasundae ran a cracker and probably didn’t really enjoy having to tow them along in front but a small field left little choice.

Does Apple’s Jade now go for this? I’d expect her price to drop like a stone once we get NRNB as plenty will take a shot knowing that a re-route to the Mares Hurdle gets them a refund.

Obviously the race was marred by the sad news of Nichols Canyon, a classy animal who was always competitive at the top end of the game. Thoughts and condolences to connections.
Why risk it for me. She won, but not by enough to justify easy favouritism in a different race. Penhill is my particular fancy for their race currently - any idea of his plans?

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:10 pm

Did we think Apples Jade ran well?

I didn't, slow pace it a 20f race anyway, expected more tbh...but she has so much heart.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:16 pm

Did we think Apples Jade ran well?

I didn't, slow pace it a 20f race anyway, expected more tbh...but she has so much heart.
It’s the finish for me, she keeps finding and I could see her doing it again in this race if given the chance.