Stayers Hurdle - Thursday 15th March 2018 (Day 3)

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: Stayers Hurdle - Thursday 15th March 2018 (Day 3)

Postby DannyCraig » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:25 pm

I’ll be honest, I’m at a complete loss for this race.

Supersundae far too short
Penhill not had a prep run
Harry not as good as last season when not good enough to win it
TNO not progressive at all
Wholestone beaten by Agrapart

Does that leave yanworth who wasn’t aimed at this race all season and now reverting back to hurdles after failing as a chaser...or maybe Sam Spinner who hasn’t run since December (admittedly beat l’ami serge well that day).

Keen to hear people’s thoughts....

Wobber24
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Wobber24 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:11 pm

Not convinced supersundae will stay like you say penhill not been seen Harry not good enough keep it simple for me Sam spinner got best form this season we know it stays people say it wants soft ground but the time of the ascot race says it wasn't that soft so ticks a lot of box's for me

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:04 pm

I’ll be honest, I’m at a complete loss for this race.

Supersundae far too short
Penhill not had a prep run
Harry not as good as last season when not good enough to win it
TNO not progressive at all
Wholestone beaten by Agrapart

Does that leave yanworth who wasn’t aimed at this race all season and now reverting back to hurdles after failing as a chaser...or maybe Sam Spinner who hasn’t run since December (admittedly beat l’ami serge well that day).

Keen to hear people’s thoughts....
I agree Supasundae is too short now but I do think he's a real contender and should be bang in the places. I can't entertain a horse that hasn't run all year in Penhill. Mullins can get a horse ready without a prep run though but still, without seeing any recent form I can't be a player.

I think Unowhatimeanharry could run a good race but he just doesn't seem to have recovered from having his nose bloodied in this race last year when a hot favourite. I expect both L'Ami Serge and Yanworth to travel nicely but I don't trust either to finish well. L'Ami needs to be careful with Sam Spinner he might well leave him just too much to do and he'll be late again. If he can stay near the pace he's a chance of getting in the places. If you like him back him now whilst it's still a fair e/w price.

The New One, I love the horse but this feels like a "we can't win the Champion Hurdle so we'll go here" move. He's got a lot of fight in him though but I think they'd need to race him prominently to have a chance.

I put nothing in Wholestone been beaten by Agrapart. The latter is totally ground dependant and not the most consistent. I do think Wholestone, a bit like The New One, probably wishes there was a 2 and a half mile contest to aim at but as others have pointed too here, his course form is excellent and that has to be a big positive.

Sam Spinner. If he was with someone like Paul Nicholls, he's be half the price he is now and he'll make them go at it early but how will he handle better ground - if we get better ground? if it's soft/heavy nearer the time, I think he has to be strongly considered.

I think Lil Rockefella, who has enjoyed a similar prep to last year and others have discussed here, is worth an e/w play. He ran a solid race second to Old Guard in the National Spirit and gives his all.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:55 pm

Grade 2 Rendlesham winner Donna's Diamond supplemented today.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant