Ryanair Chase - Thursday 15th March 2018 (Day 3)

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Ryanair Chase - Thursday 15th March 2018 (Day 3)

Postby The Executioner » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:31 am

I've been saying that for months Zipster, some people would not listen however. It all makes sense to me because he simply could not win the QM as it stands following a year off the track. Win lose or draw it makes my EW Double on Min for the Champion Chase at 10/1 and Douvan for the Ryanair at 10/1 placed back in November a tremendous value bet now ......... now for the hard part :hope: :hope:

Zipster
Stallion
Tips

Postby Zipster » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:46 am

Well.....

"Clarification on earlier tweet re Douvan. Willie Mullins has stressed that no final decision has been made on his target, but that the Ryanair Chase is being seriously considered. Apologies for the miscommunication."

Backwards and forwards....Cheltenham....Never!
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:58 pm

From what I gather Zipster the decision has been made , their comments appear to be just to cover their backs and keep the press sweet.

bazakehurst
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby bazakehurst » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:22 pm

Scared of Altior. :eyebrows:

Zipster
Stallion
Tips

Postby Zipster » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:18 am

Well it appears that Douvan goes Champion Chase after all to take on Altior and Min!
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:32 am

Must think Altior is beatable if the ground stays soft/heavy for Wednesday or the distance and UDS too much to handle in the Ryanair.

QM the race of the festival now for sure

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:47 am

Well it appears that Douvan goes Champion Chase after all to take on Altior and Min!
Amazing ....... back and forth yet again Zipster,, I really can't trust a word that Ricci says. I'm not overly concerned about losing a bet but it is the sour taste that it leaves for followers of the sport in general. I fancy Min to win the QM ..... hopefully will be a great race for spectators.

PompeyJim
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby PompeyJim » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:01 am

Yet another example of the minefield that ante post betting is especially at Cheltenham with the multiple entries, i think we've seen it in football with the mind games between manager's with 'so and so' injured and misses the game only to miraculously make the starting line up when the team sheets are handed in. Racing is probably no different when it comes to these top races, I think Ruby touched on it last night in the OLBG festival preview that he wouldn't be totally honest when asked about whether he discussed riding tactics with other jockey's before the race and for that reason he doesn't tend to get involved.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant

harryevie
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby harryevie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:17 pm

On the first page of this thread TMM pointed to the chance of SUB LIEUTENANT and for the life of me I can't see how he is 16/1 the day before the race and the horse that beat him in this race last year (A length and a half) is EVEN money !!!???
Giigginstown have been "hitting the bar" in their own race, so you can be sure SL will be primed for this!
SL came into the race last year without a previous run that season but thats not the case this time.
He's a year younger than the favourite. He handled the track well last year though you would like him to give the FAV a "little less rope!" Versatile regards going and has won on heavy. Looks a cracking EW bet to me!