Champion Chase - Wednesday 14th March 2018 (Day 2)

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Champion Chase - Wednesday 14th March 2018 (Day 2)

Postby Brownie3 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:33 am

Thoughts...

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Champion Chase - Wednesday 14th March 2018 (Day 2)

Postby Gman84 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:18 pm

Douvan done for the season according to Willie Mullins. Such a shame. I wonder if we will ever see him again.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:59 am

I love Douglas.....Douvan the better jumper however!

Don't get me start on Dave :shock:

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:48 am

Derek is the best though - a sure fire winner!

Grrrr autocorrect!! Apple don’t appreciate a good horse name!!

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

ChrisSmith1992
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby ChrisSmith1992 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:31 am

Altior looks rather short considering it's having a wind op?! If Min goes for this, I think it wins, but there's probably some good value available in this field.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:23 pm

Well, Min "won" today at Leopardstown but was rightfully (IMO) thrown out after causing clear interference with the 2nd which it stopped getting up the inside. A strange race as Min went off and stayed ahead of affairs and looked to be cruising heading for home but I worry that a bit like when challenged as a hurdler, the horse doesn't find as much as you would expect.

We also had Politologue win with ease at Kempton in the Desert Orchid as he was gifted the race as Special Tiara fell. That was actually ST's first ever fall in 26 chases (has unseated the rider once) and given the doubts over all those at the top of the betting, given the style of running ST likes to do and the increased chance he would get his ground, I might be tempted to take him at 25's once we get some NRNB around. The defending champ at longish odds? Why not?

TeddyT
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby TeddyT » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:14 pm

Hi guys,

We are recaching that time of year when we are starting to look for opinions we can add to our Cheltenham site. We need a well argued tip to add to each race and we could really do with something concrete we could add for the Supreme, OLBG Mares, Champion Hurdle, Queen Mother, Ryanair, Stayers Hurdle and Gold Cup to start with.

If you already have a strong fancy for any of those races please to the specific race page and we will be using the best ones on our Cheltenham site.

Thanks
OLBG Tipster Competition Manager

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:30 pm

Hi guys,

We are recaching that time of year when we are starting to look for opinions we can add to our Cheltenham site. We need a well argued tip to add to each race and we could really do with something concrete we could add for the Supreme, OLBG Mares, Champion Hurdle, Queen Mother, Ryanair, Stayers Hurdle and Gold Cup to start with.

If you already have a strong fancy for any of those races please to the specific race page and we will be using the best ones on our Cheltenham site.

Thanks

We, since my last comment in this thread I have gone in on Special Tiara ante post NRNB at 20's so...

This is a race full of doubt. Who will turn up and if they turn up how fit are they? So for me, the defending champion who had previous come 3rd in the two years before finally winning has to be a value Each Way bet. The key to this horse is good ground which will hopefully be around for him by the time the festival arrives and he certainly can be regarded as a spring horse. Ok, he's 11yo's old now and not much form this season but he's kept away from the main winter festivals unless he can get his ground. Noel Fehily should be in the saddle again and he knows the horse extremely well and I'd expect his regular front running tactics. In any other race if you could get a double digit figure for a horse that has placed or won in the renewal the last three years you'd bite their hand off. You can get that here with Special Tiara.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:25 pm

A very positive report regarding Altior’s health and fitness been doing the rounds this morning. Seems he did an impressive piece of work and Nicky Henderson is really happy with him. The Game Spirit at Newbury is under consideration if the ground is good enough.

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:13 pm

Min bolts up at Leopardstown but Cheltenham is a very different place where rivals will be more primed for the occasion. For example Special Tiara was 12l behind Min today, but at the end of January last year he was a 32l 6th behind Un De Sceaux at Cheltenham in the Clarence House before going on to win the Queen Mother.

Min will shorten, Special Tiara will probably lengthen, but perhaps the opposite should be truer.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:03 pm

As someone already on a Special Tiara I was pleased enough with that run, went off like the clappers, jumped better and should come on for the run.

Min won well but was set up and I still have my doubts about him in a battle.

Yorkhill...lost for words, that was too bad to be true wasn’t it?

Sticky99
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby Sticky99 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:30 pm

Min looked very good today, and there might be a little more improvement as this was a clear career best. The 2016 Supreme form looks very strong with Altior 1st, Min 2nd, Buveur D'Air 3rd, plus Tombstone, Charbel, Supasundae and Petit Mouchoir in behind. Similar to the 2011 version with Al Ferof, Spirit Son, Sprinter Sacre and Cue Card as the front 4.

Yorkhill looked badly out of form, and was beaten a long way out. He's always improved for Cheltenham in March but he's not been this poor during the winter. Will be interesting to see if he turns up at all or whether they miss Cheltenham altogether this year.