Ballymore Novices Hurdle - Wednesday 14th March 2018 (Day 2)

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: Ballymore Novices Hurdle - Wednesday 14th March 2018 (Day 2)

Postby Brownie3 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:07 pm

Yeah I agree....its still a long way off, but it would be nice if they all get there in one piece!

I'm sure there's many that will fall by the wayside yet :lose:

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:13 pm

Injury is the only thing that stops Samcro from winning the Ballymore imho....great performance in the Deloitte :win:

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:55 pm

He looked like a horse who could take his pick of what prizes he wants but I do wish people would be careful in getting carried away. Plenty on socail media shouting for him to go to the Champion Hurdle or Stayers Hurdle! I'm not saying he couldn't win but I've seen enough great novice performances get blown out of proportion to know you have to still remember the horse is learning his trade. I remember Rhinestone Cowboy dotting up at Wincanton a couple of months before the festival and out of the Supreme and to the Champion Hurdle he went. I think he came third (Rooster Booster won) and never went on to become what some felt he might have been able to. Won a couple of nice races afer including an Aintree Hurdle but ended life in handicaps. I just think you have to be careful not to get overexcited.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:46 pm

He looked like a horse who could take his pick of what prizes he wants but I do wish people would be careful in getting carried away. Plenty on socail media shouting for him to go to the Champion Hurdle or Stayers Hurdle! I'm not saying he couldn't win but I've seen enough great novice performances get blown out of proportion to know you have to still remember the horse is learning his trade. I remember Rhinestone Cowboy dotting up at Wincanton a couple of months before the festival and out of the Supreme and to the Champion Hurdle he went. I think he came third (Rooster Booster won) and never went on to become what some felt he might have been able to. Won a couple of nice races afer including an Aintree Hurdle but ended life in handicaps. I just think you have to be careful not to get overexcited.
O’Leary knows he’s a chaser in the making. RSA next year. Gold cup the year after. Really should get the treble priced up

Micko70
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Micko70 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:02 pm

Injury is the only thing that stops Samcro from winning the Ballymore imho....great performance in the Deloitte :win:
Rumours going round that Getabird could run in the Ballymore too, if this is true and both of these run in this, then the Supreme is wide open.

Personally i would like to see 1 run in each, nice little for me

Nunnylad
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby Nunnylad » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:06 pm

Rumours going round that Getabird could run in the Ballymore too, if this is true and both of these run in this, then the Supreme is wide open.

Personally i would like to see 1 run in each, nice little for me
Surely it is just that.. a rumour, as I cannot see Getabirds connections running against Samcro, they'd only go Ballymore IMO if Samcro went Supreme. I have Samcro backed ante post at very nice odds for both Supreme and Ballymore, taken some of the profit out of the Supreme though as that's the less likely of the two.

Samcro should hose up in this, regardless of competition.

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:59 pm

My only concerns with Samcro would be if the ground turned good on the day. He's only raced once on good and whilst he won by 17l, he was odds-on and only one of the others has won a race since. It was also Gd/Y rather than good that day.

My other concern would be around Gordon Elliott's record in the race, it doesn't appear to be a race he targets and his two runners last year were down the field, including 8/1 jt 3rd favourite Shattered Love.

Whilst this will be his best chance yet, Samcro is already odds-on and it might be worth looking for place value elsewhere.

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:38 am

The horse On The Blind Side smashed by 20 lengths last time won at Musselburgh today.

I think Samcro’s connections will be tempted by the Supreme if it’s a drying week and they want the softer ground on the Tuesday.
I have both in various bets but OTBS is the bigger winner for me.

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:01 am

Samcro will win either race if fit.

I was interested by the Leary comments, they view him a Gold Cup horse, nothing less will do, they mentioned Samcro will only achieve something special when he wins a Novice Chase.

I think they'll go Ballymore.....but i've had the Supreme saver just in case.

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:02 pm

Wobber24
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Wobber24 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:24 pm

Heard it all before with Elliot these world beaters death duty was last years wonder horse he got stuffed in Albert barttlet seems odd that Henderson sees on the blind side as a 3 miler but more than happy enough to take samcro on take the hint on the blind side will win

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:44 pm

Vindication for Kim Bailey a none runner now.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy