OLBG Mares Hurdle - Tuesday 13th March 2018 (Day 1)

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

OLBG Mares Hurdle - Tuesday 13th March 2018 (Day 1)

Postby Brownie3 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:30 am

Thoughts...

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: OLBG Mares Hurdle - Tuesday 13th March 2018 (Day 1)

Postby DannyCraig » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:35 pm

AJ for me. Been topping up regularly. Another solid performance this week and will be odds on in December!

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:08 am

If Apple's Jade stays in this race she's going to go off a silly price and whilst I think she'll win, she won't be the type of price I could play at. 5/4 is the best around now, that'll shorten once the NRNB offers come in and if connections confirm she defends the title then it'll be even shorter still.

But I guess we should look at some others because a) if she is that short a price as I predict then there has to be some e/w value flying around and b) she may yet get sent for the Stayers Hurdle which then opens this market up.

Willie Mullins could come at this mob handed. Let's Dance appears to be coming for this and Linimi holds enteries in this and the Champion Hurdle but we've not seen her since coming 3rd in this last season. I thought she was due out over Christmas, I think she had an entry in the race Apple's Jade won but maybe I'm getting mixed up or I've missed some news. If anyone knows shout up.

I'd be interested to see if Augusta Kate came to this though. She's tried over further including the Albert Bartlett last year but at her best she has beaten Let's Dance although she's never got near Apple's Jade the last couple of times. However, I like her, she's got a bit of toughness about her and I'd like to see her get a shot in thsi and if a decent enough price, could be the e/w play.

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:40 am

Limini out, VVM looks like she'll be retired!

Apples odds on.

Lets Dance now 2nd fav.

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:16 pm

I saw this news on the bf forum overnight, but was waiting on Skybet’s weekly free bet to back Let’s dance with Apples Shakira for the triumph in a double. I’ve got a fair bit on Apples Jade already and so wanted to cover my position a little bit with what is set to be Mullins first string against her.
Let’s just be glad Skybet were napping and hadn’t changed the prices by 11:30am ;)

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:57 pm

Must admit I've had a few E/W Trebles and fourfolds, all including Lets Dance at 12's.

If Apples Jade runs here, rather that the 3 miler, she'll be a shoe-in......just like the old Quevega days!

sportingsamcan
Group 3 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby sportingsamcan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:20 am

I am really excited for this years renewal now. I was lucky enough to be at Gordon Elliott's yard on Saturday and Apples Jade looked in fine health leading some stable mates in work.

Whilst Limini won't run and it would be only 50/50 that Vroum Vroum Mag runs this season, the race won't be handed to Apples Jade on a plate.

La Bague Au Roi could tempt me ante post at what still looks a fair price. (20/1) The trip will suit as will the uphill finish, she is a lovely looking horse and I suspect they may just give her the rest of the season over hurdles, despite the trainers view after her Kempton win that she would potentially go novice chasing.

Maybe on the day she will be a bet without the fav or e.w. My question to all of you saying Apples Jade looks a banker bet is, where can we find the value in the race?

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:36 pm

Henderson has a few mares so it will be a top class renewal but if Apples Jade runs to form then she wins.

If both Footpad and Buveur D’Air win earlier on the card then she’s going to start a very short price indeed.

sportingsamcan
Group 3 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby sportingsamcan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:43 pm

We have 33 entered for the OLBG Mares Race I wont post all 33 but you can see the full list here

https://twitter.com/CheltenhamRaces/sta ... 6832046082

Things that catch my eye 9 from Willie Mullins, great to see VROUM VROUM MAG entered despite her issues this season.

LA BAGUE AU ROI in is great news for my ante post bets!

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:14 pm

Another win for the wonderful La Bague Au Roi. However, if reports are to be believed, she’s now more likely to run in the Stayers.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:31 am

Another win for the wonderful La Bague Au Roi. However, if reports are to be believed, she’s now more likely to run in the Stayers.
You can understand why they would consider the Stayers this season as it looks a very open event and her mares allowance could be extremely useful but I wonder if they'll wait to see what Apple's Jade does as she could be the biggest threat in either race. For our sake's I'd love to see them go at it in this race but for the purposes of increasing their chance of winning, I can see connections waiting on AJ's plans and adjusting accordingly.

TeddyT
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby TeddyT » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:15 pm

Hi guys,

We are recaching that time of year when we are starting to look for opinions we can add to our Cheltenham site. We need a well argued tip to add to each race and we could really do with something concrete we could add for the Supreme, OLBG Mares, Champion Hurdle, Queen Mother, Ryanair, Stayers Hurdle and Gold Cup to start with.

If you already have a strong fancy for any of those races please to the specific race page and we will be using the best ones on our Cheltenham site.

Thanks
OLBG Tipster Competition Manager