Champion Hurdle - Tuesday 13th March 2018 (Day 1)

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Champion Hurdle - Tuesday 13th March 2018 (Day 1)

Postby Gman84 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:45 pm

Rich Ricci has stated he expects them to continue towards the CH for Faugheen. Seems like they are still waiting to see exactly what was up but the question now is do they try the Irish Champions Hurdle or do they go straight to Cheltenham.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:53 am

If there was no injury, no bad scope, nothing at all....you would need to take a real leap of faith to back him for Cheltenham at any price!

The most logical reason for the such a poor run, is that he's lost his mojo for the game, it does happen.

ChrisSmith1992
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby ChrisSmith1992 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:52 am

Anyone else tempted by the antepost price of Yorkhill? I know I am

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:31 am

If he were mine, it would be Ryanair.

Too many cards to be played here.....if Alitor doesnt make it, he'd be fav for the Champion Chase, a race Willie has never won!

As for Champion Hurdle, would he be good enough? would be bear BVD? was he a good enough Novice at 2 miles......all a big NO for me.

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:07 pm

Buveur D’Air was my pick for that year’s Supreme and I’m convinced that he should have finished closer to Altior. Not the best ride by the usually competent Fehily. Too far back, halved the deficit but it was all over by then.

He’s now a Champion Hurdler, deserves his title and is still improving. I don’t understand why he’s still underrated, particularly as it’s a weak division at present.

Faugheen might return to something like the form he showed on his first run back from injury but we’ve seen plenty of similar instances where an injured horse runs well first time back but can not replicate that run again.

This is all about Buveur D’Air for me.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:31 pm

Nothing more thana racecourse gallop in-effect for Buveur D'Air at Sandown today but not his fault the enteries didn't come.

Over in Ireland, Faugheen did run and was a lot better than last time but couldn't cope in the home straight as Supasundae came past. I guess it could be viewed two ways - either he needed that run and has improved and could improve again or, yes, it was better but he just doesn't have the same spark of old. I'd lean towards the latter of those two views and his price has, not surprising, drifted for this now, 8/1 with Stan James or Boylesports if you want it.

A few were disappointing, especially Melon, who wasn't really picking up a long way out. We can also forget Defi Du Seuil, another Triumph Hurdle winner who has failed to go on to better things afterwards. That race is starting to feel a little cursed.

Mick Jazz was solid back in third and I'd like to see him go for this. He could be a fair e/w shout although I think top 3 is about as best as you can hope for.

I still think the wildcard is Yorkhill, his run in the 2m chase was dreadful and who knows, maybe he just wan't in the mood? Messing around with tripand discipline isn't always the answer but I was always a litle surprised this wasn't where he was pushed towards from his younger days.

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

Sticky99
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby Sticky99 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:17 pm

In agreement with you Gman. Buveur D'Air looked very comfortable and the small field is understandable considering 2nd place was worth £6k. The Irish Champion Hurdle did more to shorten his price than his own race!

Talking of the Irish Champion, the race is won by the one horse who would not go to the Champion Hurdle if it won. Supasundae did well to stay up with Faugheen and that is the best I have seem him jump. I would imagine that is as good as Faugheen is now, but that may still be enough to place in March. Not many will be good enough to go past up the hill.

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:18 pm

That Contenders Hurdle is pointless. English racing is infuriating at times.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:31 pm

So, it seems Yorkhill might come for this race. A real wildcard. All the firms that are NRNB are set at 8’s with 12’s available with other firms. If they confirm the target that price will go considerably shorter IMO.

bazakehurst
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby bazakehurst » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:26 pm

Do we expect Cliffs Of Dover to ride in this (100/1) or the County Hurdle (33/1) on Friday? I’d love to see it in the Champion Hurdle already.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:37 pm

Anybody been looking at the betting market without Buveur D'Air? I've taken a little 33/1 e/w for John Constable but now in to 20's. I felt he ran ok behind the favourite at Sandown and at least kept trying when not really having any chance. Admitedly he's not got a great record at the track but if he can show those fighting qualities again, the battle behind could be a scrap and might be able to take a place or even get second which would be a win in this market (assuming the fav wins).

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:59 pm

My pick for this would be a Each Way pick on Melon as i think Buveur D'air should win this but he is a short price.Faugheen is not as good as it used to be and i am not sure he will turn up for the festival and even if he does run in this it is now a 10 year old and Sea Pigeon was the last 10 year old to win this but that was back in 1980 but it did follow up again winning it in 1981 so it can be won by a older horse but it was a long time ago.Age could be against My Tent Or Yours as it is an 11 year old and it did beat Melon in December in the International hurdle but it was by just 2 and a 1/4 lengths and Melon carried 6 lbs more in that race so i think Melon will overturn that form in this race.Min and Apples Jade should be running in other races and Wicklow Bay is hit and miss other hurdles beating My Tent Or Yours in it's last race over hurdles back last April but the month before that it lost to My Tent Or Yours by 14 lengths and it carried the same weight as My Tent Or Yours in both races.So i think it will be won by Buveur D'Air with the places being filled with Melon and Yorkhill.