Arkle Trophy - Tuesday 13th March 2018 (Day 1)

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Arkle Trophy - Tuesday 13th March 2018 (Day 1)

Postby Brownie3 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:26 am

Thoughts...

bazakehurst
Group 3 Class
Tips

Re: Arkle Trophy - Tuesday 13th March 2018 (Day 1)

Postby bazakehurst » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:47 pm

Alan Brazil has told me Brain Power will win. :wink:

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:14 am

I'd be surprised if he runs, let alone wins.

FF in the last two is a concern for me!

Footpad all day long, as good a jumper as you'll ever see in a Novice. Only concern, i've not seen him get one wrong yet, will he be smart enough to fiddle one, paddle it or will he panic.

I'm on at 8's and 7's any race......he was 33's over the summer period!

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:23 am

The Whittington horse has me a little concerned about my Footpad bet but Brain Power doesn’t.

Footpad is one of those antepost horses I love as he’s not ground dependent. The ground will be no quicker than Good to Soft on the opening day, Heavy at its worst and he’s proven on both.

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:11 pm

I’m a fan of Footpad and have backed him accordingly, but to me PETIT MOUCHOIR is a big threat - had the beating of Footpad on hurdles form, and wouldn’t have much to find over fences tbh based on what we’ve seen so far. It does look arguably one the more competitive Arkle’s we’ve had in a while after a few years of blowouts by clear favourites, so at least that’s something :win:

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:45 pm

I’m a fan of Footpad and have backed him accordingly, but to me PETIT MOUCHOIR is a big threat - had the beating of Footpad on hurdles form, and wouldn’t have much to find over fences tbh based on what we’ve seen so far. It does look arguably one the more competitive Arkle’s we’ve had in a while after a few years of blowouts by clear favourites, so at least that’s something :win:
We should get to see these two square off at Leopardstown next weekend so that will give us some idea.

Sceau Royale won yesterday, it wasn't eye-catching probably more business-like but he looks a type that needs to be nursed and then produced late but this race could well give him that pace to aim off. If Footpad and Petit Mouchoir have a bit of a ding dong next week then both could shorten and SR could float out a bit so will be interesting to see. Outside of those three I see no real challenge. Anyone got a live outsider who could surprise?
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:19 pm

Outside of those three I see no real challenge. Anyone got a live outsider who could surprise?
I think River Wylde at 25/1 could be good for at least a place. He was 3rd of 14 in the Supreme last year, with only Labaik and Melon in front and Henderson is likely to have schooled him well over the bigger obstacles, with 3 winners and 2 places in this race since 2012. He was beaten here by North Hill Harvey (subsequently beaten by Sceau Royal) so has something to find with those two, but that was only his 2nd steeplechase and will surely come on for that.

I can't see NHH or SR finishing in front of Footpad or PM, but I do think being trained by Nicky Henderson gives this horse a little more scope and we can be sure he's going to be bang on ready for it. He's good for a place I'd say.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:31 pm

Cheers Shrews. I recall the run behind North Hill Harvey but your point about how Henderson is with runners in this race is well worth considering. The obvious candidates do look solid in this market but always worth thinking about the outsiders as we have a way to go yet and injuries/issues can arise.

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

Nicoista
Group 1 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Nicoista » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:57 pm

Get performance by Footpad yesterday, jumping spot on in the whole, but I would rather be with Petit Mouchoir. It looked an eye catching performance after a layoff due to injury, he was really buzzy in the paddock and fresh early on and made a couple of early mistakes, one especially bad where he ploughed through the fence where he did well to stay on his feet. I think Davy Russell wasn’t overly hard on him once the race had gone. For saying this was only his second start over fences there should be plenty more to come from him, as Henry de Bromhead said he will come on a lot for the run.

These two look by far the best 2 mile novices around and Footpad is a worthwhile favourite,but I can see the places being reversed come Cheltenham. Footpad has had a clear run all season while Petit Mouchoir has had an interrupted campaign and had only the 2 starts against a more experienced horse. Also he has beaten him over hurdles at Cheltenham, in last seasons champion hurdle finishing where the pair finished 3rd and 4th with 3 lengths between them, I also think the old course at Cheltenham will suit the Gigginstown run more. Footpad has improved for the switch to fences but there still plenty more to come from Petit Mouchoir.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:45 pm

Really taking performance from Saint Calvados at Warwick today, some superb, effiecent jumping at speed. He was getting weight from the field but I doubt that made a different. North Hill Harvey very disappointing but he made a couple of mistakes which seemed to knock the stuffing out of him and it's at least worth remembering he has some very nice course form.

jackh1092
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby jackh1092 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:59 am

Really looking forward to this...

A few thing i'd like to point out on the whole Footpad being beaten by PM over hurdles.

One, Footpad looks to have improved for fences.
Two, his in race tactics have changed, from sitting at the back riding for a place...as he was 2nd fiddle to a mullins hotpot.
Three, the tactics change would worry me for PM as he is most effective from the front and now wont get an easy lead.
Love horse racing
Loving OLBG only joined 12/1/15
Twitter @jackh1092

tbuckley
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby tbuckley » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:09 pm

The Arkle is one of my favourite Festival races, has been since backing Moscow Flyer back in 2002, also landed a few ante-post bets on the likes of Voy Port Ustedes and my all time favourite Sizing Europe, the one I really want to forget is the 2015 winner Western Warhorse who was 40/1 & somehow beat Champagne Fever to stop me landing some nice bets, that was painful being there & watching that happen!!!

Regarding the Arkle then it's one of the races that features in my latest blog that looks at the Starting Price of Winners of a range of Cheltenham Festival races including the Champion Bumper, stats & thoughts to consider :-

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=413664

hope that helps in some way, good luck

:win:
Loving it on OLBG, on twitter @tbuckleythinks :

Top 10 Football Tip markets

Football Tips Strategy to Win