Supreme Novices Hurdle - Tuesday 13th March 2018 (Day 1)

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Supreme Novices Hurdle - Tuesday 13th March 2018 (Day 1)

Postby The Market Man » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:32 pm

Sayar is likely to miss Cheltenham due to lack of fitness.

Wobber24
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Wobber24 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:51 pm

I was given a horse for the Supreme last year. The horse in question is SAYAR from the W Mullins yard. SAYAR had 2 runs last year and won both in times of 4mins exactly on soft- yielding ground an 4mins 5 sec on heavy to yielding ground. I have decent ante post bets at 33's and 25's.
I understand the horse has had 2 minor setbacks over the christmas period and I'm hoping the horse will get to Leopardstown next month.
Getabird's run at the weekend was pretty impressive but the time he ran was 4mins 38sec on soft to yielding....a.full 30plus seconds slower than SAYARS run on the same ground.
Surely if SAYAR makes it to the festival he must be in with a big shout, and is still a big price around the 16/1 -20/1 mark. If anyone gets any info from the Mullins yard could you see if you can get an update on the horse for me please.

Cheers Paul.
Just listened to final furlong poscast and kevin blake says sayer unlikely to make cheltenham

sportingsamcan
Group 2 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby sportingsamcan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:16 pm

Crunch time coming up with the Novices all starting to really have the screws turned. Getabird for me looks a fair fav, I have the Ballymore looking the harder race right now.

TeddyT
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby TeddyT » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:14 pm

Hi guys,

We are recaching that time of year when we are starting to look for opinions we can add to our Cheltenham site. We need a well argued tip to add to each race and we could really do with something concrete we could add for the Supreme, OLBG Mares, Champion Hurdle, Queen Mother, Ryanair, Stayers Hurdle and Gold Cup to start with.

If you already have a strong fancy for any of those races please to the specific race page and we will be using the best ones on our Cheltenham site.

Thanks
OLBG Tipster Competition Manager

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:15 am

I hate this time....2 weeks to go, horses start been ruled out!

If The Cap Fits.....OUT of the Supreme......not one of mine, but a kick in the teeth to some I think.

Fingers crossed we have no more :hope:

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:31 am

I hate this time....2 weeks to go, horses start been ruled out!

If The Cap Fits.....OUT of the Supreme......not one of mine, but a kick in the teeth to some I think.

Fingers crossed we have no more :hope:
Getabird now into 6/4.

Tempted to back Summerville Boy with Skybet’s money back offer. Has the profile of previous winners.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:36 am

Kalashnikov has shortened a little in places because of that and Getabird will surely get shorter too. I guess the former as the 3rd fav before this news that makes sense. That makes Summerville Boy more appealing to me. He beat the latter in the Tolworth and the Betfair Hurdle hasn't been the greatest prep for this race in the past. That wason heavy ground and he's got course experience although not winning experience. He's not 100% for this but I would suspect he comes to this and Black Op, George's other main novice hurdle hope, goes either Ballymore or AB. can still get 16/1 with Boylesports, as short as 10's with Coral.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:43 am

It's looking a weak race compared to previous years.

Getabird 5/4?

Is he a 2 miler on Good to Soft ground? I think he's only here to avoid Samcro.

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:08 pm

It's looking a weak race compared to previous years.

Getabird 5/4?

Is he a 2 miler on Good to Soft ground? I think he's only here to avoid Samcro.

I must admit I backed Getabird at 16s for the Albert Bartlett - I just expected him to be better over further...but as you said, avoid Samcro with your 2 best novices (Getabird/next destination), and that’s how you end up maximising how many races you can win.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:33 pm

To be fair in regards to his target, I do think the fact you can consider him to be capable over further as a positive. They tend to go like the clappers in the Supreme although a possible smaller field might hurt that and you need to stay well up the hill. If they were a bit more cat and mouse then you'd want the gears but I think in this race they'll be flat out before the 2nd last and you need to stay, even though it's only 2m. Getabird does look that type. It's still a joke of a price considering what some of the former favourites went off at.
Grand National - Pinstickers Guide Blog

I am raising money for Cancer Research in memory of my wife. If you would like to help please follow the link below:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juliebrophy

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:38 pm

To be fair in regards to his target, I do think the fact you can consider him to be capable over further as a positive. They tend to go like the clappers in the Supreme although a possible smaller field might hurt that and you need to stay well up the hill. If they were a bit more cat and mouse then you'd want the gears but I think in this race they'll be flat out before the 2nd last and you need to stay, even though it's only 2m. Getabird does look that type. It's still a joke of a price considering what some of the former favourites went off at.
I don’t deny that at all Gman, and I actually think he’s a pretty solid favourite. I think if I was approaching this race for the first time today, then I’d be looking at Summerville Boy Each Way, especially when we think of how the race might cut up. I wouldn’t be surprised to see 5 places paid by one of the Bookies leading up to the festival either. Whilst I haven’t got the fancies of prices about Getabird, I do have some exposure currently, which should set my week up if he gets off the Festival off to a winning start :win: :hope:

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:38 pm

Talking of race cutting up, how many are we expecting and what do you think the line up will be?