Cheltenham Festival - Friday 17th March Discussion

Pisto1
Listed Class
Tips

Re: Cheltenham Festival - Friday 17th March Discussion

Postby Pisto1 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:54 pm

Well I've not had a bad festival I'm in profit which is the main thing but would have been so much better had native river won.he just never seemed to be travelling like usual but he never gave in.coincidentally he never really travelled in last year's 4 Miler too so don't think cheltenham really suits him.minella rococo just showed his hand for the national surely his jumping won't hold up!?

sofaking
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby sofaking » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:06 pm

Not sure if I saw the tip here or elsewhere for Champagne Classic but had it to win at 40.0. Made up for an otherwise bad week for me. :win:

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Native River. He may well do better in this race if targetted towards it instead of the handicaps. Personally I'd target the Gold Cup next year and the National the year after (although he would surely be carrying a hefty weight).

He's had a tough year; to win the Gold Cup after The Hennessy, Welsh National and then the trial was always going to be a tough ask IMO. But next year, maybe just go for the trial and he'll be bang on for this.

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:56 pm

South West trainers have not enjoyed the week as regards winners. Nicholls had one today but both Tizzard and Twiston Davies have been in poor form for some time. Tizzard 0-29 this month, Twiston Davies 1-38. King's form has also dipped. No win this week for any of those three.

I was thrilled for Ben Pauling when Willoughby Court won the Neptune. It's healthy for the sport if the wealth is spread around, although Elliott and Mullins have given the week a familiar look to it.

I'll watch the whole thing again over the weekend.

redboy
Stallion
Tips

Postby redboy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:30 pm

As an all weather follower I prefer to watch the "big" races/events on the flat and the jumps without betting.
I dont know if Im alone in this but was anyone else disappointed with this years festival (money aside) from a racing point of view ?
Seemed to lack something for me :?

marksutherland
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby marksutherland » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:58 pm

Well after a terrible final day, I've just prevailed in the Cheltenham tipping competition, I'm over the moon adds to my good first day I had personally on the Elliot horses.

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:59 pm

Well after a terrible final day, I've just prevailed in the Cheltenham tipping competition, I'm over the moon adds to my good first day I had personally on the Elliot horses.
Well done Mark, it takes some doing to win the OLBG tipping comp because basically you've got to get it right for four days! A well deserved win.

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:08 pm

Yes - congratulations on some brilliant tipping.