Cheltenham Festival - Thursday 16th March Discussion

ians6290
Group 1 Class
Tips

Re: Cheltenham Festival - Thursday 16th March Discussion

Postby ians6290 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:08 am

Ditto the comments made about uxizandre. I'm sure I read about a week ago it was the ride B Geraghty was going to miss the most while he's injured.

I'm sticking with Village Vic in the Brown Advisory Chase. He's been high in the weights for at least his last ride now and will most likely be pegged back by one but at 16/1 I'll take the chance that he will hold on. Might prefer softer ground though.

Uknowwhatimeanharry should be odds on.

I've gone with Top Notch and Disko in the first. I think there's a few with solid chances but I narrowed it down to these two instead of going Each Way on one.

bigjeff
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby bigjeff » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:44 am

I made a comment about one horse that i fancied , in the section which Nors started and was the preview before broadcast live.

The horse in question was Airlie Beach, she has won all of her races this year and another of Mullins.She was due to go in the first on opening day, but with the weather we had, he pulled it out and has today placed her in the second to last race against another one of his, Let's Dance, who is the Fav.

The odds have shortened a great deal since i posted, from 12's to 4's and as i said, this girl has run all her races on Gd/ Gd to Sft and the weather this week has been good so far, so worth a little bet, even if it looks like a two horse race...

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:03 am

The tipping table for Cheltenham is here AceKing:
https://www.olbg.com/tables/events.php?id=6

Comments need to be verified at the end of the competition, so the leader board could change.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:29 am

I have been following the markets since early March and noting horses that have seen support, specifically in the handicaps, today i have noted

2.10 Pertemps:
For Good Measure
Barney Dwan

4.10 Brown Advisory:
Starchitecht
Thomas Crapper
Tango De Juliey

gmanrom
At Stud
Tips

Postby gmanrom » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:30 am

Ok I have been here for the past 2 days in the best mate enclosure and it has been amazing. Going into my 3rd day at the track and after pulling out tiger roll on day 1 and Fayonagh on day 2 am going into day 3 in a more confident manner. My selections today are as follows.

1.30 Yorkhill 11/8 I think everyone is finding excuses to get this beat. Ok his jumping is not the best but the contenders for the crown dont exactly have outstanding form to get behind so I feel this could be a good start for punters today.

2.10 Impulsive star 9/1 stepped into handicaps last time out at exeter and looks like it could take some stopping off its mark.

2.50 Empire of dirt 11/4 Has improved no end this season and really looks at the top of its game. I feel the favourite could really do with 3 miles and there are big questions to be answered by uxizandre.

3.30 uknowhatimeanharry 6/4, bally optic ante post 16/1 e/w
The favourite has swept away everything put in front of it this season and looks real solid, its hard to look beyond him today and should give a little respite to the punters today.
Was given ballyoptic as an antepost play earlier in the season but has been a little disappointing, I am hoping the drying conditions could get him a place today.

4.10 Diamond king 5/1 hails from the flying Gordon Elliot yard and has davy russell on board, I prefer to find bigger prices in these big handicaps but the form of this one stands out and will take some stopping.

4.50 Airlie beach 9/2 Mullins has the 2 market leaders in this race but this one is much the best value of the 2. I think the favourite will need to step up again to beat this one.

5.30 Mall dini 8/1 we finish the day with a very open looking handicap. The selection came alive at the festival last year and has a similar profile this year so I have taken this one to come out on top.

Gl all today
Proud daddy of keeley born 03/05/2009

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:05 am

With Willie Mullins horses under performing so far, they could continue again today and not be successful, with the first YORKHILL may not be firing on all cylinders and it is better to view a stable in flying form and Nicky Henderson is the man, whose horses are firing.
TOP NOTCH has won his last four races and done everything right that has been asked of him.
I would think Paul Nicholls horse POLITOLOGUE could be interesting, this one looks a progressive sort but what I like about Daryl Jacob mount TOP NOTCH has won a grade one and Nicholls has not.
Another horse to consider is Noel Meade charge DISKO who won at Leopardstown in good style, this one could be a so called dark horse of the race, my slight concern about this one is the distance, he won over twenty one furlongs and was third over three miles before this, this trip today could be on the sharp side and TOP NOTCH can be acting well around this inside track.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:11 am

Surely Jezki would be a shorter price in the Stayers (8/1) if truly fancied and back to his best, he has top Cheltenham form and i cant see why he should be so big?

Nunnylad
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby Nunnylad » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:40 am

Surely Jezki would be a shorter price in the Stayers (8/1) if truly fancied and back to his best, he has top Cheltenham form and i cant see why he should be so big?
He'll get backed into 5-1 before the off is my guess so get on now if anyone fancies it, I think he has a great place chance but will be very hard to beat unowhatimeanharry, I have got Ballyoptic ante post in the without fav market but I am not as confident about this as I was a couple months ago.

marksutherland
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby marksutherland » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:44 am

One of the talking horses of the season runs today, Alary goes in Ryanair and came over from France this season with a huge reputation. Colin Tizzard had 3 live/strongly fancied horses for the Gold Cup early this season and was talking this horse up as another potential Gold Cup contender, however this season hasn't went to plan for Alary, pulling up and falling on its 2 race course appearances. Surely Alary is better than what we have seen so far and at 33/1 I'm willing to find out. If it transfers any of its French ability/form then this is a huge price today.

istabraq1
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby istabraq1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:47 am

Im also with Nunnylad on the Tango de Juilley in the 4:10 Brown Plate, not seen since second in the race last year, surely laid out for today.

Would be worried about the Mullins stable, just dont seem to be firing, even Paul Morrison on Racing Uk stated they dont look right in there skin, Nigel Twiston Davies horses also appear to be under a cloud, and Tizzards arent exactly setting the world on fire,

kevgar85
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby kevgar85 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:07 am

Im also with Nunnylad on the Tango de Juilley in the 4:10 Brown Plate, not seen since second in the race last year, surely laid out for today.

Would be worried about the Mullins stable, just dont seem to be firing, even Paul Morrison on Racing Uk stated they dont look right in there skin, Nigel Twiston Davies horses also appear to be under a cloud, and Tizzards arent exactly setting the world on fire,
Totally agree with that!

TurboBetting
2yo
Tips

Postby TurboBetting » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:49 am

Just joined, but kinda know what I'm talking about (I hope!)

Place lay of the day - Un De Sceaux - first thing said last season in the QMCC was that the ground was too fast for him, and it's been declared as Good today - no Good to Soft in Places in the description at all as there was last year, so if last year was too quick for him then today is definitely going to be too quick for him surely?

Uxizandre, Empire of Dirt, Josses Hill and even Vaniteaux will prefer this ground more than Un De Sceaux.

Also Mullin's yard at the moment, Anyone know what's going on? Thursday and no winners? only a couple of places or so.