Cheltenham Festival Wednesday 15th March Discussion

ians6290
Group 1 Class
Tips

Re: Cheltenham Festival Wednesday 15th March Discussion

Postby ians6290 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:30 pm

I've also gone Each Way on peregrine run at 9/1. I'm willing to forgive his lastvrun in very soft ground. He beat wholestone and west approach before that off level weights. Has winning course form too.

westport007
Listed Class
Tips

Postby westport007 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:44 pm

I think the quality of racing is quite poor this year at cheltenham.Im yet to see an incredible performance from any horse or jockey.Results too are distasteful.

horage
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby horage » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:45 pm

2.50 Coral CUP

Wide open handicap loads of runners so the chance of a decent f/cast beckons; I've gone for a f/cast combo and e.w. singles here
as its not a serious punting race as anything could win this or lose this race.

TOMBSTONE
PERIGRINE RUN
TIN SOLDIER
MISTER MYAGI
TARQUIN DE SUEIL

20 bet combo f/cast AND.... 5 e.w. singles

All of the selections have some form lines that gives them a chance on best form and with luck we can land the f/cast as well as the winner ;some bookies paying out 6 places online.

good luck all :hope:

benucci
At Stud
Tips

Postby benucci » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:50 pm

I believe Tin Soldier will give a good account here this horse looks as it has to in the prelims. And poor Mullins can be happy possibly.
Blog 1 closed: Benuccis Paddock Selections
Endbalance after 17 Days: +99,73 Units 1 Unit staked per Bet

millersteve
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby millersteve » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:57 pm

I've repeated my feat of last year and changed my mind on nthe RSA winner.
Why oh why :lose:

Is this a concentration issue or do others do this also?

Kubana
2yo
Tips

Postby Kubana » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:05 pm

Hey Chaps, where can i find the Jockey Leadertable for the Festival? Made my research via Google but no success. Thank you:-)

LiverpoolAC
Handicapper
Tips

Postby LiverpoolAC » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:08 pm

The way mullins is getting on so far I've had a couple of quid at 7/2 for anyone other than douvan to win the next just for a bit of interest in the race

Nunnylad
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby Nunnylad » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:23 pm

The way mullins is getting on so far I've had a couple of quid at 7/2 for anyone other than douvan to win the next just for a bit of interest in the race
That logic is gamblers fallacy, looking at short term trend rather than the bigger picture. If you look at the horses he has had in each race, he hasn't had any real huge favourites like previous years which is why he picked up so many winners. There were negatives for Melon, Limini and VVM, and in the the other races there was either a real good thing like Altior or they were wide open big field races.

As for Douvan, if he gets round he wins. Absolutely no point betting on him though at the prices, better off playing the forecasts/tricasts. The prices have gone for the e/w horses now too.

This was my point earlier, Sir Valentino was overpriced at 50-1. Now into 33-1 where you lose all the value. Happens in every race with a short price fav, in the half hour beforehand a lot of the bigger priced horses will steam in as people take out e/w bets, so you're better off getting on early.

Sgt Bilko
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Sgt Bilko » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Notice that the money has come for Linger big time this afternoon as predicted, bit for debuchet too.

Good luck all.

Nunnylad
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby Nunnylad » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:27 pm

Notice that the money has come for Linger big time this afternoon as predicted, bit for debuchet too.

Good luck all.
Managed to get on early before the price crashed, thanks to those who tipped, fingers crossed!

LiverpoolAC
Handicapper
Tips

Postby LiverpoolAC » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:37 pm

That logic is gamblers fallacy, looking at short term trend rather than the bigger picture. If you look at the horses he has had in each race, he hasn't had any real huge favourites like previous years which is why he picked up so many winners. There were negatives for Melon, Limini and VVM, and in the the other races there was either a real good thing like Altior or they were wide open big field races.

As for Douvan, if he gets round he wins. Absolutely no point betting on him though at the prices, better off playing the forecasts/tricasts. The prices have gone for the e/w horses now too.

This was my point earlier, Sir Valentino was overpriced at 50-1. Now into 33-1 where you lose all the value. Happens in every race with a short price fav, in the half hour beforehand a lot of the bigger priced horses will steam in as people take out e/w bets, so you're better off getting on early.
Well I'm glad I out it on before you replied or I would have had second thoughts

IggyRovers
Handicapper
Tips

Postby IggyRovers » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:37 pm

Good luck all.
Managed to get on early before the price crashed, thanks to those who tipped, fingers crossed!
Get this double tip 2 weeks ago. Hope it wasnt the bookies sending out these text messages :)

Had the tip for Labrait as well