Cheltenham Festival Tuesday 14th March Discussion

Nunnylad
Classic Winner
Tips

Re: Cheltenham Festival Tuesday 14th March Discussion

Postby Nunnylad » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:20 pm

Labaik been smashed in half from 50-1 to 25-1, really do think this has a great chance providing all goes well at the start.

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:25 pm

Beyond Conceit looks overpriced for Henderson/Fehily at 20/1

marksutherland
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby marksutherland » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:36 pm

Hope some people got on Labaik at 50/1!

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:37 pm

Fantastic for all you Labiak backers! What a price to get your meeting off to a great start. I'm happy enough with my two places on Melon and River Wylde, but would never have picked the winner.

meoldmate
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby meoldmate » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:39 pm

Labaik jumped and won, cannot think what Twiston-Davies was doing giving his mount plenty of trouble, seems every time he goes for a big race he comes undone, just like he did with The New One a few years ago.

Well done, who ever was on at 50/1 all any other fancied price.

The bookies satchels are laden already.

ryanman89
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby ryanman89 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:40 pm

What a start. Backed at 50/1 last night. Seems many of us were of the same mind. As soon as he got going with the rest I knew we have a very live bet.

Nunnylad
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby Nunnylad » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:43 pm

:<a href=/school/betting_terminology.php>NAP</a>: :<a href=/school/betting_terminology.php>NAP</a>: :<a href=/school/betting_terminology.php>NAP</a>:

I hope some of you were on that I really do.. never felt a feeling like that before wow 50-1.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:50 pm

Ballyandy was beaten two out, never got a good position and hampered in running. I'm sure Sam TD will get some stick but in a big field of inexperienced horses this is always the danger.

The winners won well to be fair, not the fastest time but he's jumped off which was a big reason for his price and why he wasn't too talked about but he's stayed on well. Melon's run ok, River Wylde travelled nicely but maybe found the finishing pace a little too quick but he held off Ballyandy for a place.

Bunk Off Early never in it.
Read my Blogs by clicking here.

Nunnylad
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby Nunnylad » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:57 pm

Stable info involved, surely ?
You got all the info you needed from Elliot and Codd at the preview nights. Jamie Codd said he is one of the best horses he has seen in training and Elliot said something along the lines of he can't understand why he won't jump but it's frustrating because he's a class horse.

AceKing
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby AceKing » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:01 pm

Continuing with the chat of the Supreme Novice Hurdle, 2 that have me really intrigued are Labaik & Glaring. Surely if Gordon has ironed out Labaiks starting issues then there's no way this horse will be 50/1 in running. Gordons only runner in the Supreme too, surely that says a lot too? Glaring I feel is another that is over priced at 66/1, who knows what Glaring would of done last time out if it never clouted the second last flight after travelling into the race strongly. What price would Glaring be if it was trained by say N Henderson or P Nicholls? At least half what it is now I'd say.
Well done to you

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:06 pm

Stable info involved, surely ?
You got all the info you needed from Elliot and Codd at the preview nights. Jamie Codd said he is one of the best horses he has seen in training and Elliot said something along the lines of he can't understand why he won't jump but it's frustrating because he's a class horse.
There are plenty more like that who won't win a big race and lot's of info given out during the preview nights which will prove to be misplaced.

Well done to those that backed it but i defy anyone to say they expected it to win. Hoped ? Yes. Expected ? No.