Official OLBG Cheltenham Preview Tips - The Racing World Is Watching!

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Re: Official OLBG Cheltenham Preview Tips - The Racing World Is Watching!

Postby Gman84 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:22 pm

I've already put up my selection but I added this blog today with an attempt at a massive Lucky 63. It includes my selection within this thread :

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412433
Read my Blogs by clicking here.

daddy cool
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby daddy cool » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:02 am

Western Ryder - Champion Bumper (Wednesday)
It is still available at 8/1 and I feel that this could go off favourite on the day.
Trainer is a very shrewd operator when it comes to bumpers. As you can see from various preview panelists recently, W Greatrex thinks highly of this horse.
Western Ryder has had 4 runs and has never been out of the first 2 places, so it has the experience and should not feel out of place in the hustle/bustle of the bumper.
The most important factor for me is that it has shown form in two listed bumpers. Winning at Ascot and second at Newbury.
During these two listed events it was able to be held up and then showed not only could it stay but also had a turn of foot required at this level.
In the Newbury bumper it had to concede 21 pounds to a decent yardstick in Daphne Du Clos and it was only beaten by 3 lengths.
It has winning form on Good and Good/Soft, hopefully will find these ideal conditions next Wednesday.
Western Ryder has strong credentials to land the bumper.

BadReligion
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby BadReligion » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:55 pm

Cheltenham used to be like Christmas for me but this year I'm feeling really down. I don't know why just haven't even been following it. I'm hoping things will improve.

Pisto1
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Pisto1 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:32 pm

I've already put up my selection but I added this blog today with an attempt at a massive Lucky 63. It includes my selection within this thread :

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412433
Nice blog that gman there's some interesting horses in there at good prices too so well worth a small bet.if they all come in I'm gonna find you and buy you a beer or 10

kenny1504
2yo
Tips

Postby kenny1504 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:49 pm

On the opening day I am really looking forward to seeing OUR KAEMPFER in the Ultima Chase at 2.50. Has been progressing steadily this season and his last run showed what he is capable of when cutting out the mistakes. That was just his second run in a handicap, unseated early on handicap debut, and was always travelling well and was moving clear when making a slight mistake at the last.

Is going to make a decent handicapper and may have got in here very lightly. A good gallop should allow him to be settled at the back and get into a nice rhythm before coming through late.

Fingers crossed.

Ken

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:54 pm

Thanks Kenny1504, you have been in the Cheltenham Tipping Comp money in previous years so good luck this year. :win:

The rabbit
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The rabbit » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:19 pm

Tuesday - Champion Hurdle

I am going with Brain Power 15/2 to give trainer Nicky Henderson a record sixth Champion Hurdle. This horse jumped well and won easily last time out at Ascot in a decent handicap which was run at a good pace which the Champion hurdle is often run at. He is lightly raced over hurdles and open to further improvement with just seven races over them. He is the type of horse that Nicky Henderson does well with and has winning form at a stiff track ( Sandown ). This is a step up in class but this year's Champion hurdle does not look as strong as many previous ones in my opinion. May not want it too soft but the present going and forecast suggest that the ground should be no worse than good/soft and is likely to be on the good side.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:37 pm

Thanks Pete.

The Executioner
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Executioner » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:31 pm

My selection Wotzizname has been taken out of the race at the six day stage , was really looking forward to him - only saving grace is that I get my stake refunded.
2017 , 50x3yos To Follow ( Part 1 )
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412109

2017, 50x3yos To Follow ( Part 2 )
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412111

2017, 20x2yos To Follow
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412443

toadie21
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby toadie21 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:08 pm

YANWORTH champion hurdle Tuesday.

Has won at Cheltenham and has festival form being placed in the champion bumper and a 2nd in last years neptune.
Perfect this season winning trail races at Ascot, Kempton and Wincanton showing versatility over different goings.
The race is obviously missing some of the star names but I'm still looking forward to a good race and Yanworth would be a worthy champion.
I'd like to say this is a great thread and I know that I will be coming back before I place any bets next week.
BOL gang

Carpo Marx
At Stud
Tips

Postby Carpo Marx » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:51 pm

Foxhunter Challenge Cup - WONDERFUL CHARM

The Irish punters wont believe that the 2015 and 2016 winner of this race On the Fringe can be beaten in this race, but although hunter chasers tend to run and indeed win in their later years they are always vulnerable to an up and coming youngster, so I'm taking the Paul Nichols trained 8yr old Wonderful Charm to upset the Irish 12yr old. A winner of a novice hurdle then 3 novice chases after joining the Nicholls yard from France, he then went on to win a Class 2 chase at Newton Abbot beating the likes of the Philip Hobbs trained Colour Squadron and the Jonjo O'Neill trained Taquin Du Seuil. Proved to be a bit of a disappointment when moving up to Grade 1 and then Grade 2 races against better quality horses but may well have found his niche in Hunter Chases by winning his only two starts this year. Has won at the distance, also run previously over the Cheltenham course and hopefully will be assisted in the saddle by the experienced amateur Mr W Biddick who was aboard in his last two races and should have him settled in behind the early leaders who usually tend to go off a bit too quick in this race.

Carpo Marx
At Stud
Tips

Postby Carpo Marx » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:39 pm

Albert Bartlett Novice Hurdle - WHOLESTONE

Wholestone would be a very popular winner for local trainer Nigel Twiston-Davies. The 6yr old is no stranger to this demanding course having won 3 out of his last 4 races at the course including the Albert Bartlett Novices in December and the Neptune Investment Management Novices in January this year. The distance and the state of the ground could prove significant factors in this race. The Gordon Elliot trained Death Duty is likely to go off favourite but has yet to run beyond 2m 4f and is not assured to get the 3m trip, a distance where wholestone has won twice. Again the Irish favourite seems to like very soft ground but if not much rain is forecast then the going should be on the good side of soft which will suit wholestone all the more. Should be ridden again by the very capable and usual jockey Daryl Jacob who has partnered him to success over this course.