Official OLBG Cheltenham Preview Tips - The Racing World Is Watching!

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Official OLBG Cheltenham Preview Tips - The Racing World Is Watching!

Postby nors » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:55 am

As members know we are running the Official Cheltenham Preview Night on Sunday 12th March at Cheltenham. During that Preview Night we would like to showcase OLBG members Cheltenham Tips.

As we no longer have ante post tipping for Cheltenham we need to gather a selection of members tips and comments on this thread so that we can select a cross section to use on the night. (similar to toilet tips from previous years). We will recreate an image for use on the night with your username featured, similar to below, these come from the OLBG sports betting tips app.

The Preview night will be live streamed to the world so we need only your 1 best tip with short brilliant comments. (As if you were adding a tip in the tipping competition)

We need your Official OLBG Cheltenham Preview Tip prior to Wednesday 8th March 2017. So please study over the next few weeks, think very carefully as we want lots of helpful comments that show how brilliant we are!!

Please Post Below.

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: Official OLBG Cheltenham Preview Tips - The Racing World Is Watching!

Postby DannyCraig » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:46 am

Does that mean no toilet tips this year?

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:56 am

No Toilet Tips this year Danny, in 2017 we have so many ways members can add tips and followers can read tips that it was getting confusing.

The Preview Tips will be the focus for the Cheltenham Preview night. We hope to use these preview tips in a much bigger way as well, in discussions with the panel, on twitter and facebook, possibly video etc.

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:38 pm

The festival previews are always worth a watch and I'm sure this year's event will live up to previous ones! :win:

Glad to hear you'll be streaming it again this year - who can forget the Irish man berating the Ladbrokes representative for refusing a proper bet on his horse...turned out to be the proverbial handicap good thing :lol:

With 5 weeks to go, there are still question marks over which horses will run in which race but there's only one horse that has been campaigned whollyfor the Stayers Hurdle this year, unbeaten in the last 8 races, having progressed from a 123 to a 167 rated horse. Question marks still remain over many of his rivals, and he has proven he doesn't just need soft ground following winning the Albert Bartlett at the festival last year on good. No idea why UKNOWHATIMEANHARRY hasn't gone odds on at this stage but it has to be the NAP of the festival. :<a href=/school/lesson15.php>NAP</a>:

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:17 pm

That was David Williams of Ladbrokes, who took a cheap shot at the guy for saying Betfair when he meant Betfred

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:33 pm

Which was the horse in question?

Leicester Bigot
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Leicester Bigot » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:35 pm

My tip went down the Toilet last year, as Philip Hobbs decided to take on Vautour in the Ryanair, rather than go where the horse had a realistic chance in the Handicap.

It is very hard to give out definite tips at Cheltenham, so many of the contenders have multiple entries and will be left to the last possible moment before the decision is called on where they will definitely line up. That limits the scope for definitely meaningful tips greatly and in the handicaps you don't know who will be balloted or pulled out.

With that in mind my NAP for the Festival will be Might Bite.

Might Bite, Nicky Henderson's 8YO Chaser, is lightly raced but was in the process of putting up a statement performance when he was strolling away from his field in the Kauto Star Chase at Kempton on Boxing Day, before a definite, and impressive, win was thwarted by a fall. Lightly raced, he will be primed for the RSA and with three winners coming from the Kauto Star since, this horse might take some stopping at Cheltenham, where it can pay to make all. In an open year, he warrants respect.
The path is clear though no eyes can see the course laid down long before

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:01 pm

Which was the horse in question?
He didn't say. He was an owner, Irish, lives in the US.

sportingsamcan
Group 3 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby sportingsamcan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:12 pm

I am really excited about showcasing the best of your tips to an audience at Cheltenham and to the millions that will be watching from home.

Make sure you give us plenty of winners guys, I don't want to look silly next to AP & Co!

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:20 pm

Will you be doing the preview vids again this year, SSC ?

My winning tip last year ( Diego Du Charmil ) was featured on the microsite but not on the posters or beermats. I was devastated when Nors told me at Cheltenham on the Tuesday :( . Almost refused my free pint...

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:30 pm

Will you be doing the preview vids again this year, SSC ?

My winning tip last year ( Diego Du Charmil ) was featured on the microsite but not on the posters or beermats. I was devastated when Nors told me at Cheltenham on the Tuesday :( . Almost refused my free pint...
Almost but not quite if I recall :?

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:33 pm

It's the only time Nige will offer to buy one!