Re: The OLBG Cheltenham Preview Night

Postby slimey » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:52 pm

Thanks, it wasn't meant to be that big.

Randy Rann
Group 1 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Randy Rann » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:27 am

Great night at the Centaur getting behind the scenes to see how it all works from start to finish

Few pics to follow

Big well done to Sam for holding his own with the esteemed panel

Tom Malone was some character and seemed to wind up AP, but it was all in jest

My best bet of the week was Holywell who was put up in Olbg best best week section so was very interested in Tony McCoy's view

He said he had shown nothing this year, was underpriced and should be 33-1!

Makes me fancy him more now!

Will try and post more thoughts throughout the week

One more sleep!!!!

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:21 am

It was excellent i thought, thanks to everyone who added horses on the thread, Sam tried to get a few mentions in for your runners.

A bit of friction between Tony McCoy and Malone made it interesting. It will be interesting to see which mentioned horses run well.

If you replay Joe Tizzard talking about his horses he dismissed Sizing Tennessee - smoke screen?

The rabbit
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The rabbit » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:55 am

I thought that it got off to a hesitant start and then improved but was spoilt to a certain extent by Malone who looked uncomfortable from the start and his demeanour and body language was awful. I did not enjoy the friction between AP and Malone as it distracted from what was being discussed and I considered Malone to be disrespectful to AP but AP is a hero of mine so I am probably being biased.

Star of the show in my opinion was Richard Hoiles who was excellent and has a lot of in depth knowledge. He is a good talker and could probably make a Party Political Broadcast sound interesting :)

bristolbasher
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby bristolbasher » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:23 pm

I think the banter was great tbh, added a bit of colour to the proceedings. Also found Malones comments about Melon interesting. I wasn't aware how much schooling the horse had already had or potential sire issues.

Sorry I didn't make more effort to track down any fellow OLBGers, I was fairly certain I was about to die after over extending myself somewhat the previous evening! So just kept to myself and made some notes.

As it's not scarf weather is there some sort of other way or recognising each other? Some sort of hip hop style hand sign or something ;)

See you all tomorrow

slimey
Group 1 Class
Tips

Postby slimey » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:04 pm

I think perhaps a pin, tie, baseball cap or bobble hat would go down well. ;)

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:12 pm

Nors

Sizing Tennessee was glossed over by Tizzard.... first time headgear as well in a race that favours it...

I think it's a great EW bet..

Great seats right at the front... cheers for the ticket... and see you in quevega tomorrow

benucci
At Stud
Tips

Postby benucci » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:56 am

Personally I tried to listen between the lines. Malone is quite informed and makes his selections pretty serious,but loves himself maybe a bit too much, hes the one who I would follow most. His statements about Yanworth I agree, what he said about Might Bite was ultra informative and useful, Tizzards feeling behind Cue Card was notable to me and sounded with a inner smile bullish. Henderson mentioning Divin Bere was notable, as I saw the race and had him a paddock bet, he was not on 100% and beat a very useful horse fresh and has tanks of stamina. The comments from Nicholls about Lifeboat Mona and Malone backing it up are interesting, Lifeboat Mona indeed is kept fresh and looked supremely well and fresh in the prelims in Sandown. One that popped up was Alpha Des Obeaux and from that conversation rates a pick, the race looks short of real stayers and has the good form. What Mc Coy said about More of That for the Gold Cup was interesting, that he feels the horse is coming back to form, usually a Gold Cup isnt won by a horse with such a recent form, but I had him as World Hurdle conformation paddock pick and its a stamina monster physically and had more mental issues, if hes on song as in the World Hurdle i would make him fav in this race this year.
Blog 1 closed: Benuccis Paddock Selections
Endbalance after 17 Days: +99,73 Units 1 Unit staked per Bet

onceuponatime
2yo
Tips

Postby onceuponatime » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:26 pm

I love the chances of Old Guard in the Corals cup, dropped 7lb from it's last run on unsuitable ground and loves it round cheltenham, looks on a nice enough mark and relishes the good ground, I cant see it out the frame bar accidents and I expect it to win but at odds of around 20/1 is a brilliant e/w price with 5 places up for grabs.

jaydubs
Stallion
Tips

Postby jaydubs » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:17 pm

I have checked through my notes from the night ...

They pretty much got everything wrong...

I did see AP had noted Rock the World but the NAPS of the day and festival all got beat and the one that wouldn't win (might bite) won..

bishbosh
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby bishbosh » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:36 pm

Yeah i have to admit i took no info from this night. I enjoyed the ATR one and Betfair one i think it was were they got alot right.
Next year needs a bit of character but to remember its a previews and punters want info

Mccoy great jockey but terrible tipster

Needs a couple of trainers on there aswell maybe
Gordon Elliot next year and an owner like rich ricci as they do the circuit
If I study and fail so be it
But to not study is like opening your window and throwing your money out hoping the wind brings it back in

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:42 pm

Sizing Codelco was one of the worst naps i've ever heard but it was a good preview, even in hindsight.