OLBG Mares Hurdle - Tuesday 14th March 2017 (Day 1)

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Re: OLBG Mares Hurdle - Tuesday 14th March 2017 (Day 1)

Postby The Market Man » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:04 pm

This is a top class renewal even without Annie Power or Limini. In fact, it could be the best field i've seen for a mares race.

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:31 pm

Limini's odds seem to be coming the other way....indicates she runs in our race?

Who knows!

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:40 pm

And VVM getting backed for CH. Maybe money for Limini in this is getting some punters to think VVM must therefore go somewhere else but at the same time the whole Mullins team seems to be attracting attention with Let's Dance getting money for the Neptune today too.

titans choice
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby titans choice » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:23 am

Mullins has told The Irish Times that there's still a week to go and things can change but the Mare's hurdle was the plan all along and he'd imagine that is were she will go.So unless they change their minds it looks like she will defend her title from last year.

Zipster
Stallion
Tips

Postby Zipster » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:13 pm

There is one thing that I noticed last night whilst having a look at Gavin Cromwell and the yards overall record in regards to Jer's Girl.

The yard have sent out 342 runners since 2005 and their strike rate when going right handed is 15% but when you look at the left handed record which of course Cheltenham is that number drops to 5% with 4 winners from 83 runners sent out, Jer's Girl obviously was one of those at Aintree but it has made me wonder if the training setup that the yard have is more adaptable to right handed tracks and would raise big concerns about Jer's Girl for me at Cheltenham.
OLBG Tipster Competition Assistant || A Great Man Once Said 'The first and the best victory is to conquer self' || Follow Me On Twitter

Robmull
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Robmull » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:15 pm

Must admit that I am no closer to splitting the front 3 in the betting who all qualify based on my trends based scores, together with a couple of other mares at bigger odds.

Hoping that a few of the qualifiers will run in alternative races at the festival to reduce my options and make life a bit easier.

OLBG Mares’ Hurdle Key Race Trends – 14 March 2017 – Updated on 8 March 2017
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412226

Nunnylad
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby Nunnylad » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:30 pm

Lifeboat Mona at 14-1 looks very tempting Each Way, I know can't take all the form literally but this beat Midnight Jazz by 3l, that horse only went down a hd to VVM next time out. IMO VVM wasn't 100% in that race but still. Think Limini is most likely winner but this one has a great chance of a place.

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:43 pm

I find it quite ridiculous that Rich Ricci is still being guarded over the intentions of VVM after he and Mullins decided not to supplement Limini for the Champion Hurdle. He could give caveats but there must be something more definitive he could say other than he wouldn't be averse to running both his horses in this race. We're only a few days away from the festival and it's " We'll know more at the weekend "

hitparade
2yo
Tips

Postby hitparade » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:07 am

Sorry if I state the obvious but the going is as ever, all important. I believe that VVM would have a live chance if Tuesday comes up soft, and possibly that is in the owners mind. All will be revealed.

nors
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nors » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:29 am

They have always played their cards close to their chest and Rich Ricci in his interviews wants a return from his runners and to pay the bllls. Whilst they have the opportunity not to reveal their hand i suspect they always will . From a punters point of view not satisfactory, but we are not paying the bills.

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:23 pm

They have always played their cards close to their chest and Rich Ricci in his interviews wants a return from his runners and to pay the bllls. Whilst they have the opportunity not to reveal their hand i suspect they always will . From a punters point of view not satisfactory, but we are not paying the bills.
There are other owners / trainers with horses entered in multiple races and they're more open - they have bills to pay. Gordon Elliott has been adamant for most of the season that Death Duty would be running in the Albert Bartlett. Also, we know where Neon Wolf will run should the rain come.

Ricci is doing these Preview Nights now and i'd rather he didn't bother and remained quiet, like Potts and McManus, unless making a clarifying, pertinent statement regarding his intentions with horse because he appears to intentionally make misleading comments( " i want to run him in that one but Willie doesn't " ).

Ambiguity with a couple of horses would be both understandable and acceptable, particularly in January and February, but it's March 10th !

Pisto1
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Pisto1 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:09 pm

It seems to me to be getting worse each year and RR/WM are the biggest culprits.don't get me wrong I know they leave multiple entries in in case something goes wrong with 1 but it ain't half frustrating for punters