OLBG Mares Hurdle - Tuesday 14th March 2017 (Day 1)

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Re: OLBG Mares Hurdle - Tuesday 14th March 2017 (Day 1)

Postby The Market Man » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:05 pm

VVM faces Limini and Apples Jade, meaning the OLBG race could potentially be the most fascinating on Day 1 :D

I'm very surprised that VVM isn't going for the Champion Hurdle as Annie Power did last year, perhaps signalling that they don't think she'd win it or more significantly perhaps that they think Footpad or Wicklow Brave will?
I have two theories:

A) She isn't working well enough to go to the CH or WH (still an option but unlikely). Which clearly would be a negative.

B) As WPM wins this for fun, they are worried Liminis last run wasn't true form, as wpm has hinted in interviews. Maybe they think Liminis no sure thing VS AJ.
I agree about the form of VVM dictating where she runs but i think Ricci is doubled handed due to the quality of opposition - Lifeboat Mona is a wonderful mare and Apple's Jade on spring ground a different proposition altogether.

Que Vega would be no good thing in this renewal.

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:08 pm

Ruby chooses Limini. So now I'm stumped on two counts:

1. Why was VVM re-directed here? It can surely only be because she's not felt good enough for the CH, hasn't been working well enough to win a CH or Wicklow Brave/Footpad ARE working well and she can't beat them even with an allowance.

2. Limini was also withdrawn from the CH, so perhaps this further endorses that Mullins thinks he has a real chance with Wicklow/Footpad. All eyes on who Walsh picks for that now.

EDIT: Ruby chooses Footpad in the Champion Hurdle! For me, the VVM defection to this race is a big pointer to his chances. He must be showing something terrific at home.

Shrews
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Shrews » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:13 pm

So now I'm thinking the tricast is:

1. Limini
2. Apples Jade
3. Vroum Vroum Mag

beepee1984
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby beepee1984 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:54 pm

4.10 Cheltenham – OLBG Mares Hurdle
Vroum Vroum Mag won this last year but despite only 1 defeat the form veers away from her 2nd to Apples Jade in December who was then beaten by Limini recently. Her head win over Midnight Jazz boosts Lifeboat Mona form who had earlier beaten Midnight Jazz by 3 lengths and her only hurdle defeat can be forgiven as she did not like the heavy ground. Midnight Jazz is good Value to challenge the top 3.
1PT EW Lifeboat Moma 16/1 Boylesports

nellberg1
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby nellberg1 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:06 am

Best race of the day imo, didn't work out the way I hoped as I'd backed VVM at 4's this morning but it was the finish everyone wanted to see, all 3 top class mares over the last with a chance.