OLBG Mares Hurdle - Tuesday 14th March 2017 (Day 1)

The Shark
Stallion
Betting Blog Tips

Re: OLBG Mares Hurdle - Tuesday 14th March 2017 (Day 1)

Postby The Shark » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:00 am

Limini looks the safest bet for the OLBG right now. Having won the Mares Novice at the festival last year, this race has always been the plan.

It seems likely that if Annie Power and Faugheen are fit and well enough to run at the festival they will both go for the Champion Hurdle. Hard not to run either in that in my opinion when it could be their last festival runs and Mullins/Ricci clearly want every chance to win the big ones.

Talking of that, Mullins/Ricci only have one realistic chance for the World for which VVM surely would go rather than take on their own teams Limini in the OLBG - the yard may also have Whiteout in the race.

With Apples Jade having a realistic chance of swerving this for the Champion too, if she puts in a good run against Annie Power and or either Faugheen and or Annie don't run... Limini could then head the market for this.

Robmull
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Robmull » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:06 am

Interesting view on this race The Shark.

Having just posted the first iteration of my trends based blog for the OLBG Mares' Hurdle, there are currently 4 mares that have achieved the qualifying score, although Limini is not one of them.

Obviously, her score may change for the better if/when she next appears in a prep race and just because she doesn't currently score a figure in line with the majority of past winners it doesn't mean that she won't win, as trends are always there to be broken - however, I would be wary of backing her at this stage.

OLBG Mares’ Hurdle Key Race Trends – 14 March 2017
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412226

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:59 pm

I still think VVM will end up here but should she be aimed elsewhere? Will they develop a plan for her and stick to it or will they just keep sticking her in where a gap develops :

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412241

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:51 pm

So over in Ireland the Quevega Hurdle sees Limini put Apples Jade to the sword with considerable ease and she's now been slammed in to 6/4 favourite for this race with many firms.

I do feel Apples Jade is better than that but her performances this year have been very up and down, either really good or pretty disappointing. Maybe she doesn't like been favourite!

And how does this shake up for VVM? If Limini is here surely they adjust her target? Maybe the Stayers Hurdle?

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:06 pm

Ricci/Mullins have a decision here, which one moves to another race?

VVM stayers? Limini County? either for the Champion?

As for Apples Jade, i wouldnt rule her out of the OLBG yet, its an extra 4f, she'll appreciate the longer trip and better ground.

Great race in store.

Robmull
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Robmull » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:17 pm

IT may just be coincidence, but APPLES JADE seems to run her best races when returning to the racecourse off a short period of no more than about 3 weeks, so her defeat today may have put her spot on for her intended target at the Cheltenham Festival.

Pisto1
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Pisto1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:58 pm

VVM for the mares still? Surely has a lot better chance in that than the Stayers imo.They could always try Limini in a weak champion hurdle would she get the mares allowance too in that?

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:02 pm

Yes she'd get the Mares allowance of 7lb if in the Champion hurdle.

Pisto1
Listed Class
Tips

Postby Pisto1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:18 pm

Just read that Willie mullins has stated the mares is liminis intended target at Cheltenham but Annie power won the same race last year then was supplemented for CH and duly won so maybe worth noting?.where would VVM be likely to run if he stuck with Limini? Any takers on that lol

DannyCraig
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby DannyCraig » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:03 pm

Just read that Willie mullins has stated the mares is liminis intended target at Cheltenham but Annie power won the same race last year then was supplemented for CH and duly won so maybe worth noting?.where would VVM be likely to run if he stuck with Limini? Any takers on that lol

Listened to willie on ATR earlier - very cagey as expected. Couldn't be any more evasive when asked about whether he would supplement Limini for the CH. on that basis, I expect to see VVM in this race and Limini in the Champion.

jackh1092
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby jackh1092 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:01 pm

The Champion would suit Limini much better considering she's got a real turn of foot and now has proven she can stay 2m4 as well. She also jumped noticeably better today, and that would make the CH a viable option..

The county would have to be out the window after today for Limini IMO.

VVM tripwise is ideal for the mares again i believe, but you never know she might end up being the one switching.

As mentioned above, i agree AJ will come on for the run and is not out of the mares...even though i think shed have it to do to beat VVM again.

i couldn't for the life of me see Limini beating AJ today..We have very little evidence to go off with Limini but is it possible she is best kept fresh for races? possibly be raced like wonder mare Quevega..
Love horse racing
Loving OLBG only joined 12/1/15
Twitter @jackh1092

Robmull
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Robmull » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:30 pm

I have just posted an update for my trends based blog on this race and have identified 4 mares from the higher echelons of the current betting market that have achieved the minimum threshold score, but it is difficult to make a decision at this stage, with running plans so fluid for the main protagonists.

OLBG Mares’ Hurdle Key Race Trends – 14 March 2017 – Updated on 24 February 2017
https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412226