Supreme Novices Hurdle 2017

TeddyT
Classic Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Supreme Novices Hurdle 2017

Postby TeddyT » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:28 pm

Two good horses going to head to head today on their debuts over hurdles in Moon Racer and Ballyandy.
It can't be often that the last two winners of the Champion Bumper meet on their first attempt over hurdles and both figure prominently in the current betting for the Festival opener:
  • Moon Racer 16/1
    Ballyandy 20/1
Be interesting to see how their prices fluctuate after today's race (3.20 Perth).

Ballyandy is possibly more likely to go for the Neptune but it would be good to get spme OLBG member's views on today's match-up and the long term view on the Supreme.
OLBG Tipster Competition Manager

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:06 pm

That was some race by Perth standards - they won't have novices like that meeting there every season.

Moon Racer will want further and will be 8 by Festival time. I can't have it at all for the Supreme.
Ballyanda is also bred for longer distances and connections of both horses aren't known for their novice 2 mile hurdlers.

Have you any early thoughts about a potential winner, Teddy T ?

jackh1092
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby jackh1092 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:20 am

there are many in the market either unraced or only race in FR.

from the mullins yard i've heard good things for Melon ( think owed by the same owner of ill-fated Muthaza), Timi Roli (Creightons- Fly owners) and lastly Crack Mome (Wylie)

16s, 25s and 50s.

Koshari in market. Dont touch. horse isnt even a blinking novice. jokers.
Muthaza the same Stan James persist in having her on oddschecker....dead.
Love horse racing
Loving OLBG only joined 12/1/15
Twitter @jackh1092

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Re: Supreme Novices Hurdle 2017

Postby Brownie3 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:56 pm

Funny you mention Muthaza, Stan James not only persist on having her in the list, but they trimmed her from 10's into 8's......must have been a nice piece of work in the after life!

Dead for nearly 10 weeks, still offering odds.

Back to the Supreme, I've gone for Jenkins at 20's, seems everyone is talking about him, a real buzz around him. Into as short as 12's.

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:29 pm

Just shows what trainer form in a race can do.

Altior and Buveur D'Air were 20s after a run last season.

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:37 pm

I hope you're not serious, Horage.

jackh1092
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby jackh1092 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:55 am

Funny you mention Muthaza, Stan James not only persist on having her in the list, but they trimmed her from 10's into 8's......must have been a nice piece of work in the after life!

Dead for nearly 10 weeks, still offering odds.

Back to the Supreme, I've gone for Jenkins at 20's, seems everyone is talking about him, a real buzz around him. Into as short as 12's.

Shocking that! really unfortunate for the owner, i dont know much about her, but it was the first horse ive seen in the colours...so presume shes a newish owner to Mullins, and after buying Melon, she obviously means business! another big purchaser for the mullins yard!
Love horse racing
Twitter @jackh1092

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:44 am

She'd made a promising start, and was told she was a leading stable hope for the Mares Novice Hurdle.

jackh1092
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby jackh1092 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:10 pm

Le Martaline is an interesting runner tomorrow in the G3 at Navan.

winner of a bumper and a maiden hurdle over 2m...both very nicely.

Could possibly step up in trip before Cheltenham, but for now he's in my notes as a possible for this race in March.

He is probably more of a chaser given his size, but he looks to have some engine. He isn't probably anywhere near his class, but his hurdle win reminded me of one certain Faugheen. Quite clumsy and ungainly over his hurdles..he even treated them with a slight distain like F.

We will know more tomorrow, and likelihood he might not even reach half the heights faugheen has, but the excitement is there!
Love horse racing
Twitter @jackh1092

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:06 pm

Well, Moon Racer lowered Ballyandy's colours again and David Pipe confirmed the Supreme is his main target. I think it was a touch tactical today and Ballyandy might need a strong pace which a bigger field would provide but he could aim at the Neptune instead. Moon Racer sure loves Cheltenham though and overcame a 4lb pull although Ballyandy can also argue he was without his usual jockey.

Over at Navan 6/5 shot Le Martalin, who jackh1092 mentioned previously, got overturned in another small field event and maybe didn't like having to set the pace and leaving himself to be shot at. Outsider Mick Jazz cruised to the lead but Ruby Walsh galvanised Labaik and he took it nicely in the end. Always hard to predict what these Irish runners will do but certainly a horse to keep tabs on although none of them have prices up for the Supreme (or Neptune) with oddschecker unless I'm going blind (or looking too early).

Interesting that Moon Racer has now gone favourite for this with most firms on todays run but bet365 still offer 12/1 unless they're just late adjusting their market.

jackh1092
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby jackh1092 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:34 am

Le Martaline proved a disappointment. As mentioned above he had to make the running and it may not have suited 100%. However, i am looking at the application of blinkers and a tongue tie...mainly the tongue tie and wondering has this horse a problem with it's wind as his run did seem to peter out quite quickly. Anyways i dont think he will be one for the championship races based on that, but i will be interested to see how he fares next time out.

I thought the race at Cheltenham proved very difficult to pinpoint anything from for March. Whilst Moonracer has very good form at Cheltenham, and did it nicely enough, i wouldnt be surprised if something had the beating of him that we haven't seen as yet.

Ballyandy should go up in trip.

Mirsaale will definately pick up races for his shrewd trainer.

Keep in line and Movewiththetimes (latter for me mainly) are the two to take away from this. Each hurdle MWTTs made lovely ground on those in front, but Geraghty keep a stern hold of him and kept him to the back of the field. As he is a yougn horse and quite keen it was probably right of BG to do this, but i think he most definately wouldve finished closer given more of a chances. hes one with a future- though not a certainty to be up to the Supreme/Neptune standard.
Love horse racing
Twitter @jackh1092

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:35 am

Jenkins makes debut next Friday at Newbury.

If he wins, and wins well, he'll be 7's or 8's fav straight after.