Albert Bartlett Hurdle - Friday 18th March 2016 (Day 4)

drogerson
At Stud
Tips

Postby drogerson » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:23 am

Barters Hill paid the price for Up For Review pushing him throughout the earlier stages of the race.

From 3 out to home was very slow in comparison to the rest of the race. They went really hard from the off with from passing the winning post 1st time to 3 out clocking an average of 13.6s per furlong and the finish clocking 16.3s per furlong.

Suggests he ran the finish out of his rivals and given his own slow finish he should be capable of better if he learns to settle and can run his race evenly.

Be interesting to see what his rivals do as if they try and take him on they're likely to cut their own throats but similarly he seems unpassable from the front.

man o bong
Legend
Betting Blog Tips

Postby man o bong » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:51 am

I think "game" is an understatement and his form column is as good as it gets
When you're told you can't do something, do it and prove them wrong

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:19 am

It's likely that something will be able to challenge him up the straight at Cheltenham but if i were the jockey of that horse, i wouldn't go along side ( this horse has held off Bellshill and Buveur D'Air, two potential champion novices ) I'd wait til after the last and attack on the opposite side of the course.

Ballydine was a big price at Donny but the yard form will have been influenced the markets.

sportingsamcan
Group 2 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby sportingsamcan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:02 pm

We share members views on Albert Bartlett, the main contenders are discussed with plenty of speculation about Barters Hill's price.

[youtube]ppngo4pLa3M[/youtube]

Robmull
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Robmull » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:24 pm

I have just completed my trends based blog for the Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle and was somewhat surprised to note that 7 of the past 10 winners had met all of the key trends for the race, including winners at 7/1, 8/1, 9/1 and last year's victor Martello Tower at 14/1.

Currently, 3 of the top 8 horses in the betting have met all of the trends, although the current favourite BARTERS HILL is not one of them!!

Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle Key Race Trends – 18 March 2016
http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=410729

geordieracer
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby geordieracer » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:38 am

interresting blog; I haven't checked Jonniesofa's RPR after his win i teh G2 urdle at Haydock on Saturday bt other than that he ticks every box, has been improving all season and will get up the hill no problem based on his previous wins when he pulled clear at the end of races.
Not from a fashionable yard (although the trainer's husband was one of the first men to ride 1000 winners) and a big price (I am on Each Way at 40s)

:cool:

Robmull
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Robmull » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:10 pm

I think you may be on to something geordieracer

Jonniesofa actually meet all the trends, so must be worth a small Each Way wager at 66/1 with BetBright.

Probably my only ante post bet a Cheltenham, but worth chancing at those odds, as he is as low as 25/1 with Coral and trading around 29 on Betfair Exchange as I write this post.

Fingers crossed.

All the best.

Rob.

geordieracer
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby geordieracer » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:49 pm

I think you may be on to something geordieracer

Jonniesofa actually meet all the trends, so must be worth a small Each Way wager at 66/1 with BetBright>.

Probably my only ante post bet a Cheltenham, but worth chancing at those odds, as he is as low as 25/1 with Coral> and trading around 29 on target='_blank' href='http://olbg.info/6/L3/D/words'>Betfair> Exchange as I write this post.

Fingers crossed.

All the best.

Rob.
thanks Rob

With the stable landing the Eider in convincing stlye, it looks like the dobbins may be on the up, so as you say a great e/w tickle at long odds. 40/1 still widely available
trading on Betfair at 39 which could be a very nice back to lay as the price should shorten in the face of non-runners or horses running in other events.

Robmull
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Robmull » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:48 pm

I have just updated my trends based blog (link below) with scores for all the likely runners in the Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle and have identified 5 entries that have met all of the key race trends, whilst a further 4 horses have achieved the minimum threshold score for the race.

However, in light of the fact that 7 of the last 10 winners had met all of the key race trends, I am inclined to concentrate on the 5 maximum scorers, at this stage.

Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle Key Race Trends – 18 March 2016 - Updated With Scores For All Likely Runners
http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=410729

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:52 pm

Rob, would it possible just before the big kick off, for you to put up a list of the winner of each race, based on the trends, so we can see how each horses performs

Trend v Actual?

Always a good read Rob :win: :win:

Robmull
Triple Crown Winner
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Robmull » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:59 pm

Brownie3,

That would be a good idea, albeit as previously mentioned I will be on jury service from next Monday (minimum 2 weeks), so will not have time to undertake this task.

In fact it is only due to the lack of time that I will have over the next couple of weeks that I am providing updates to my trends based blogs at this stage, as I would have preferred to have waited until the 5 day entry stage, or even the final declaration stage before scoring all of the likely runners.

All the best.

Rob.

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:04 pm

Sorry, forgot about the jury service!

Good luck for it anyway.