Neptune Novices Hurdle - Wednesday 16th March 2016 (Day 2)

sportingsamcan
Group 3 Class
Betting Blog Tips

Postby sportingsamcan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:54 pm

We preview the race and get some of your views here.

[youtube]NR8yuu8Xer4[/youtube]

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:58 am

Bellshill reported to have scoped badly after his last run, Wylie confirms Cheltenham still target, although which race is the question?

He'll run in the opposite race to Yorkhill.

Clearly the Neptune has a hotpot in Yarnworth, Min is short for Supreme.

I think Ruby will want whatever he feels will give the better change in the Neptune, so I think Yorkhill is the runner. The Tolworth form looks rock solid at present.

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:13 pm

I wrote in my Neptune blog in mid January that Yorkhill might be their horse for this race with Bellshill switched to the Albert Bartlett

The preview nights start soon and I expect there will be lots of Min related opinions which begin something like " the word from the Mullins yard is that nothing can get near him ". I can't see Yorkhill lining up in the Supreme unless Storm Noah has hit the course the week before they line up

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:12 pm

I cant see Bellshill going up in trip surely.

I know Willie was saying that he maybe had too much speed for the Neptune, and the Supreme was in the back of his mind.

It's all part of a big jigsaw isnt it really, connections will want a runner in all the races.

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:06 pm

I know Willie was saying that he maybe had too much speed for the Neptune, and the Supreme was in the back of his mind.

It's all part of a big jigsaw isnt it really, connections will want a runner in all the races.
I think it's possible but Mullins has said the Neptune is still the mostly likely target. Wylie probably listens to Willie more than O'Leary, too !

Wylie has two good novice hurdlers going to the festival and needs to find the ideal targets for both. Bellshill appears to me to be the stronger stayer.

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:16 pm

What about Up For Review in the Albert Bartlett, are we ruling him out after that poor Donny run?

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:34 pm

His three worst runs came on decent ground and he might not travel well.

If he does run at Cheltenham and its soft ground then I'll be interested but he's not on my shortlist for the Albert Bartlett

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:01 am

As a further note to this discussion :

Just listened to David Jennings ( RP Irish racing journalist ) talk about the last run of Bellshill. He mentions how the weather changed before his previous win at Naas - the ground started to dry and conditions became very gluey. Apparently several horses from that meeting have run since and been woeful and it's possible it's taken a fair bit out of those runners.

Last Encounter ( second behind Bellshill ) - Tailed off next time
Shaneshill ( won the novice chase ) - stuffed at Doncaster
All You Need ( well fancied after winning the mares chase ) - stuffed at Leopardstown

Not the most convincing argument but something to think about.There are enough examples of good hurdlers having a poor run prior to winning at the festival

I'm still hoping that Mulholland sees sense and runs Shantou Village in this, provided it's decent ground.

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:04 am

I think Yarnworth might be scaring plenty of people off this race imo, rightly or wrongly.

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:25 am

I think Yarnworth might be scaring plenty of people off this race imo, rightly or wrongly.
His form is rock solid thoughout his career and he's improved over hurdles throughout the season - i wrote in my Supreme and Neptune blogs that he might not be one for 2 miles and the step up in trip would suit his pedigree and help his jumping...i just didn't realise how much it would improve him.

I think Shantou Village would give him a proper contest in the Neptune but if that doesn't run then the only other bet aside from a Yanworth win for me is A Toi Phil.
Acapella Bourgeois and Chain Gang, two horses he beat last time, run tomorrow in a Grade 2 at Thurles.

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:10 am

They might view Barters Hill as an easy nut to crack?

jackh1092
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby jackh1092 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:02 pm

As a further note to this discussion :

Just listened to David Jennings ( RP Irish racing journalist ) talk about the last run of Bellshill. He mentions how the weather changed before his previous win at Naas - the ground started to dry and conditions became very gluey. Apparently several horses from that meeting have run since and been woeful and it's possible it's taken a fair bit out of those runners.

Last Encounter ( second behind Bellshill ) - Tailed off next time
Shaneshill ( won the novice chase ) - stuffed at Doncaster
All You Need ( well fancied after winning the mares chase ) - stuffed at Leopardstown

Not the most convincing argument but something to think about.There are enough examples of good hurdlers having a poor run prior to winning at the festival

I'm still hoping that Mulholland sees sense and runs Shantou Village in this, provided it's decent ground.
Interesting indeed!

I'm with on SV, was his first run in ages, and the ground will not have been ideal...
Love horse racing
Loving OLBG only joined 12/1/15
Twitter @jackh1092