World Hurdle - Thursday 12 March (Day 3)

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

World Hurdle - Thursday 12 March (Day 3)

Postby Brownie3 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:53 am

Thoughts...

Den boy
2yo
Tips

Postby Den boy » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:37 pm

I like Zarkander
Travelled and jumped effortlessly when just beaten last time !
Better ground and being held up longer can see him take the World Hurdle

GungaDin
Handicapper
Tips

World Hurdle

Postby GungaDin » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:31 pm

News just breaking that current fav More Of That could be a doubt for festival, understood to have bled after exercise this morning. I'd like to put up Cole Harden at a big price of 40/1. Very good novice with form along sides Beat That, has put up some fine displays this season. Reported he has undergone a wind operation, which would explain his performance last time out where he was jumping way left. See him as a true stayer and see him running much better than his current price

deswalker
Legend
Tips

Postby deswalker » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:10 pm

More Of That very doubtful. Monkslands to lose... :P
"The problem with the future is that there are more things that could happen than will happen" - Plato (liberally paraphrased)

Follow me on Twitter: @Nick_Crossland

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:33 pm

Cant make it with 4 weeks go, not breaking a blood vessel.

evertoncal
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby evertoncal » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:52 pm

It's a very wide open race really as I don't think many horses in the race have had a consistent preparation.

I'd happily go to war with the 2 Henderson horses as for me, they are real classy horses especially Beat That but both have only had 1 run this year and Whisper's only run was a failed attempt over fences. Beat That has some really strong form including beating Don Poli but he's had an indifferent prep too blowing up at Cheltenham on NYD but if he came back to form and turned up fit, 16/1 is a very big price but I know a few people would like more than one run coming into this race and I'm not convinced they will both turn up fully fit as the vibes have been poor around both.

I don't think Zarkandar fully stays 3m and the price is absurd really. I think something else will outstay ROR. Saphir Du Rheu looks a classy animal but his preperation has been up and down and I genuinely thought Briar Hill would be a nice horse going into this but he's lost his way and I wouldn't be surprised to see him be retired soon after his injury at Cheltenham.

Very interesting/strange race and I'd be surprised if Annie Power turns up first time out this season in the WH as well. I think it will be a nice betting race come the day when it'll probably be 6/1+ the field.

deswalker
Legend
Tips

Postby deswalker » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:21 pm

In all seriousness, I think this race is pretty straightforward now. I really think that the form of the Cleeve Hurdle was strong. Un Temps Pour Tout was backed heavily and Reve De Sivola ran as well as I've seen for years... he jumped brilliantly and fought hard as ever (but spring ground isn't his thing)... SAPHIR DU RHEU will go to the race top rated and will prove very hard to beat.

I can't have Zarkandar, not interested in Rock On Ruby at the trip, and I can see no reason why Whisper should reverse form with him from their last meeting. Annie Power probably won't go, so the biggest danger must be Lieutenant Colonel who is still on upgrade potentially, but will probably need to show more than his previous beating of Jetson.

I am on Monksland already, but after his run lto I definitely feel that there is a chance that he won't ever be back to the level he was before injury.

Un Temps Pour Tout must improve for the run lto to challenge him. It could be argued that he will, but that money lto seems to indicate he was straight then (Pipe can certainly get them ready), and in any case I felt that SdR was finding it easy to repel him.

Finally At Fishers Cross has it in him to go close, but his jumping nowadays appears worse than ever and he will have to be a lot better at them to get involved. He's definitely got the ability if that happens.

Everything else I can't have on my mind. I think the 11/2 and 6/1 around looks a very solid bet at this stage.

:win:
"The problem with the future is that there are more things that could happen than will happen" - Plato (liberally paraphrased)

Gazman982
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby Gazman982 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:00 pm

Lieutenant Colonel for me in this race . Progressing very well and with the main danger in my eyes More of that unlikely to run . Really think there is more to come from this horse . This race is open to a nice progressive type

BarloTheFox
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby BarloTheFox » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:05 am

I agree with Des and am leaning towards Saphir Du Rheu, still very much on an upward curve and will improve from Cleeve. Questions over form due to RDS getting close conceding weight however he was race fit and had his preferred softer ground.

ROR seemed to finish his race very well lto to the extent that he should be able to get further however I worry he will use up too much energy on the front end, especially if Cole Harden runs as they may take each other on and set it up for the others.

Lieutenant Colonel has similar profile to SDR and admittedly better form with solid grade 1 victories this season however concerned horse would be inconvenienced by the better ground.

Whichever angle you take, if all horses make the race it is set up for one the races of the week!

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:28 am

I backed SDR @ 10's to win any race, because I couldnt decide between the RSA or JLT!!!

jackh1092
Group 2 Class
Tips

Re: World Hurdle

Postby jackh1092 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:41 am

News just breaking that current fav More Of That could be a doubt for festival, understood to have bled after exercise this morning. I'd like to put up Cole Harden at a big price of 40/1. Very good novice with form along sides Beat That, has put up some fine displays this season. Reported he has undergone a wind operation, which would explain his performance last time out where he was jumping way left. See him as a true stayer and see him running much better than his current price
First post! But i think i agree here with Cole Harden at the nice prices. decent form last year, will stay and wind op will see him improve hopefully.

I was interested firstly in Whisper, but with both him and Beat That looking to run in this with fitness questions i think at 40s Cole Harden could be a nice play.

This race seems to be wide open and with MOT a doubt, Annie Power also unlikely to be running, i think an ew play is the best option.

deswalker
Legend
Tips

Postby deswalker » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:28 pm

Questions over form due to RDS getting close conceding weight however he was race fit and had his preferred softer ground.
See, I don't see this as a question. I think Reve was as good as I have ever seen him that day; if you watch the race he was so fluent over his hurdles and he looked as if he was in brilliant physical shape. People have been trying to knock old RdS for his entire career, but he's won 4 Grade 1's now including in December... and that was despite knocking three or four hurdles straight out of the ground in each one!

Working on the assumption that RdS has run somewhere very close to his absolute best, that race looks fabulous form. Saphir I thought won somewhat cosily eventually. I'm keen.

:win: