Champion Hurdle - Tuesday 10th March (Day 1)

BarloTheFox
Group 3 Class
Tips

Postby BarloTheFox » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:47 am

Faugheen could be special but at the current prices I would rather watch given lack of opposition it has beat.
can't have Jezki as I think BG is important to him.
neither can I have TNO given the ground he lost from top of hill to back of 2nd last.
I would be interested in HF if he kicks for home early as he seems as tenacious as ever but quick ground a concern.

So that's the top 4 out for me so if I play at all it will be an Each Way bet on arctic fire who is available with Ladbrokes at 18's which offers good value.

InsideMan
Stallion
Tips

Postby InsideMan » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:29 pm

Not worried about McCoy riding Jezki

McCoy has done nothing wrong on the horse

Jezki had no chance in the races over the winter, you will see a different horse on Tuesday.

Not saying he's a sure thing but McCoy won't be the one to blame if he doesn't win, might just get beat by a better horse

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:39 pm

I disagree about AP and Jezki and would also point to several final flight errors which have cost his mounts in big races . Geraghty and Walsh don't make the same mistakes anywhere near as much

AP won a champion hurdle on arguably the slickest hurdler in years but elsewhere...whereas Geraghty has won championship 2 milers at seemingly every festival

InsideMan
Stallion
Tips

Postby InsideMan » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:40 pm

McCoy has won the CH 3 times
Geraghty 2 times
Walsh 2 times

Also Geraghty has a better record in chases at the Festival at Championship level

The Market Man
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby The Market Man » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:06 pm

McCoy has won the CH 3 times
Geraghty 2 times
Walsh 2 times

Also Geraghty has a better record in chases at the Festival at Championship level
What about last decade in all conditional 2 mile races ?

It's not that AP is rubbish, it's that Geraghty is better and has the better record on Jezki

APs record on novices at the festival is also questionable in comparison to Ruby and Barry and I think it's partly due to those two being the better jockeys.

Kincsem
Classic Winner
Tips

Postby Kincsem » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:41 am

Looks like the rain i was hoping for is not coming.That makes me more skeptical of hurricane fly's chances but i must say that i made the bet with my heart.I've been thinking of sea pigeon since yesterday and hope hurricane fly at least gets in the money even if he doesn't win.

gmanrom
At Stud
Tips

Postby gmanrom » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:12 am

Surely Faugheen around the 11/10 mark has to be a lay in this race, it has run up against nothing serious at all and has 3 worthy challengers including last years winner who looks to of been primed with just this race in mind. The new one who should run its race as it always does especially up this hill. Then there is hurricane fly who Ruby has deserted for the fav but I reckon that must of been a hard call, I am sure he will be devastated if the old boy gets home in front tomorrow. 3 worthy challengers which make this favourite a must lay.
Proud daddy of keeley born 03/05/2009

Brownie3
Triple Crown Winner
Tips

Postby Brownie3 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:27 am

I've done a place lay on Hurricane Fly @ 2.5, this ground will be against him and imo his festival form in the Champion is poor.

Let me clarify, yes he's won 2, but the times in those races were poor, and he had ground conditions more to his liking. He wants it very soft at his age.

He's been a true, true champion over the years!

balewonder999
Group 2 Class
Tips

Postby balewonder999 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:43 pm

Unfortunately i gotta agree brownie it's such a heart wrencher but i would not be expecting him to outfight those younger horses up the hill on proper ground.

I hope he runs well, and returns safe.

If faugheen doesn't win i'd like to see the fly win, cos he would have put one heck of a performance to do so in my opinion

Just can't see the new one out of the frame but i think the market is spot on, and he's not really value. but for me he's the most definite one to place.

No reason whatsoever for him to be out of the frame. Last year it was like a flat race with our conor (rip) and cee bee setting schorching fractions. Jezki just outbattled my tent.

Not sure it will be as quick tomo, and that will suit tno. He's a banker for the frame for sure.

E/w double new one and lami is interesting 3/1 and 7-2 respectively

benucci
At Stud
Tips

Postby benucci » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:28 pm

Faugheen to me the best horse here on form. Arctic Fire,The New One,Jezki, Hurricane Fly and Kitten Rock are pretty level imo, but Faugheen is another 5lbs-10lbs better.

Gman84
At Stud
Betting Blog Tips

Postby Gman84 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:38 pm

As a The New One backer really disappointed in his showing he was first off the bridle and was never even in the hunt for a place. Faugheen looks something special and with Arctic Fire improving again and Douvan a big possible to go forward to the CH next years race is already mouthwatering.

And well done to The Fly, placed again. Legend.